Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 03:50:13 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881634 times)
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4020 on: October 25, 2011, 08:27:34 PM »

Yesterday, Steve helped me pull off my muffler... by hand. Damn corrosion. Good times.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4021 on: October 25, 2011, 11:24:20 PM »

I don't think that's corrosion.  In general, it's poor welding.  Whoever welded up your exhaust was a hack and probably didn't use the right filler.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4022 on: October 25, 2011, 11:51:13 PM »

Ohh yeah.  I tried uploading a pic earlier today, but photobucket was being stupid.  Here's the current state of my motor.  I've gotta pull the oil pan and pump and get the pistons out next.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: October 28, 2011, 05:56:22 PM »

I took the car in to get an alignment. Damn after only 5 months the Toe is really fucked up in the front and the back... I think all my bushing are worn down...

Ill upload a picture of my print out when I get a chance.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: October 28, 2011, 08:49:50 PM »

Warmed her up got the ipod mounted and got tired of the old bulky car charger and went with somthing more flush

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4025 on: October 28, 2011, 10:04:50 PM »

Awesome looking install
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4026 on: October 28, 2011, 11:55:37 PM »

I've got one of those chargers.  They're sweet.

Tim
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4027 on: October 30, 2011, 08:02:33 PM »

I don't think that's corrosion.  In general, it's poor welding.  Whoever welded up your exhaust was a hack and probably didn't use the right filler.

True as well.  All of the modifications done to it over the years were done poorly.  Tim, I went to ESP last week, but was surprised at how booked up they are and how pricey their quote was, so iono.  Keeping in line with this thread, a few days ago I had one of my tires repaired because I ran over another damn nail.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4028 on: October 30, 2011, 08:38:23 PM »

Yeah, they are always booked and definitely charge more than what you would expect.  Put it in perspective though.  The previous shops you went to were cheaper, but they also did a shitty job.

I removed the oil pump from my motor today.  At this point, it's completely stripped down other than the pistons and crank.  I'm thinking that it may be better to leave them in until I talk to the shop that's going to build my bottom end.

Tim
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4029 on: October 30, 2011, 09:15:23 PM »

Yeah, they are always booked and definitely charge more than what you would expect.  Put it in perspective though.  The previous shops you went to were cheaper, but they also did a shitty job.

Only partly true.  The initial build done at Lou's exhaust wasn't that bad at all.  The problems that I'm having now came from another welder that I started going to three years ago to get some tweaks done... those are the parts that didn't last.  The real perspective now is trying to justify whether a piping rebuild is worth $400+.   Huh?

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4030 on: October 30, 2011, 09:22:32 PM »

You can always go back to Lou's if you want.  I didn't think they did that good of a job compared to ESP.  In the end, you get what you pay for.

Tim
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: November 01, 2011, 06:46:57 PM »

I've got a long night of polishing ahead of me. I've got 3M mirrorglaze, a random orbital, and my laptop with every season of (British) Top Gear sitting next to me. It's looking really good so far.

- Bobby
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: November 01, 2011, 08:30:21 PM »

Charger looks cool, hows the plug feel with the door pushing on it?  Seems like it might harm the connection (i.e. the pressure on it of the door tryin to close).

My dad is painting/cleaning up the garage so my snowbrush is buried under a pile of shit and I couldnt get to it.  So I used my moms like 10 year old POS brush... my Accord is so mad at me right now... I was fillin her up with some 93 today when I noticed some pretty bad marks on the trunk and roof.  The kind that dont wipe off with some spit and a thumb.  Cry  FML.  Ill have to get on that winter wash and wax and see if I can buff em out.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: November 01, 2011, 09:30:47 PM »

I swung the ass end around on a couple of turns today much easier with the TLS bar than with the TL bar. On purpose. It was fun.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: November 01, 2011, 09:46:40 PM »

Isnt it?  I did that with mine in the rain the first rain after I installed.  Just a little kick out on a like 45* angle and brought it right back.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012