Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 06:03:29 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881474 times)
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #4005 on: October 16, 2011, 08:12:30 PM »

That really sucks, hope you don't find anything bad once you pull the head. If you don't mind me asking, how does a valve stem just break like that?

- Bobby
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4006 on: October 16, 2011, 10:35:52 PM »

That sucks Tim, I hope that there won't be any more damage.

Today I changed my oil with Mobil Super 5000 5w30 and a Purolator PureONE filter. Then I swapped spark plug covers with that RSX one that I put a Honda logo on. After that I wired up my four blue CCFL lights in the trunk. Then finally I unbolted my airbox and took out the rubber coupler that connects the airbox to the intake resonator, just for shits and giggles. Sooner or later I'm going to remove the resonator completely and put a velocity stack on the airbox.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 10:40:41 PM by Jeff » Logged

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4007 on: October 17, 2011, 12:21:48 AM »

Hahaha.  There's probably a bunch of damage to the combustion chamber.  I have no idea how it happened, but I know it's extremely rare.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: October 19, 2011, 10:18:15 PM »

Swapped my TL RSB for a TLS RSB and changed my oil with good 'ol fashioned dino oil. Now to package up that TL RSB and send it out.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Armyguy239

Doc

Reputation Power: 11
Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: October 20, 2011, 01:26:31 AM »

bought cabin air filter, air filter, ngk laser iridium spark plugs, oil, oil filter, bought her a tool set, and a pair of jack stand Smiley
Armyguy239

Doc

Reputation Power: 11
Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: October 22, 2011, 09:13:46 PM »

did my oil change, mounted my fogs, removed my resonator, heres a vid...

stock 03 accord i4 w/ removed intake resonator
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4011 on: October 22, 2011, 10:18:08 PM »

I pulled off the supercharger and intake manifold so I could pull the head and see how bad the damage is on cylinder 4 after I discovered that my motor dropped a valve when the valve stem broke below the keeper.

This was what I found in the intake manifold after I pulled the sc off.

Here's the damage in the combustion chamber.

Here's the damage to the piston.

Now I get to put the motor on an engine stand and start tearing it apart.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: October 23, 2011, 08:31:55 PM »

Wow, sorry Tim that seriously sucks.

Put mine on the dyno today! Cheesy

232 whp  and 196 wtq!

Up 11 whp and down 1 wtq from last year (added RV6 V2 PCDs and V1 j pipe).  I was hopin for 240, but as you can see in the first vid, the motor was shakin like a bitch.  I'm thinkin a motor mount is bad... althought I dont see anything from lookin from the top.  So maybe new mounts and polyurethane bushings are in order and that'll help me make the factory 240. Cheesy

Some of the highlights of the dyno day:
-Ken's Mk6 GTI 205 whp
-Ben's '93 Twin Turbo RX-7: 272 whp (1st run), 230 (2nd run, aint heat soak a bitch? hahaha)
-Jeff's '07 Si coupe: 197 whp on the dot! (only mods were the HFP muffler and a AEM SRI)
-'10 Roush Mustang Stage 3: 550 whp
-Turbo RSX Type S: 350 whp
-Couple of MS3s: 290ish whp
-Rear mounted twin turbo 350Z: Missed his run, talked the guy, he was claiming just under 700... Others said he ran 440ish... who knows. haha
-350Z: 223 whp... made me LOL
-ITR: Crazy green paint job, CF hood, trunk, spoiler.  Slicks. Gutted and caged.  Claimed just under 700, heard he put down 500 at the last dyno day.
-Turbo Cobalt SS: 309 whp
-And a bunch of other really cool stuff I know I'm forgetting. haha
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:24:14 PM by accordguy04 » Logged

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: October 23, 2011, 10:03:45 PM »

I pulled off the supercharger and intake manifold so I could pull the head and see how bad the damage is on cylinder 4 after I discovered that my motor dropped a valve when the valve stem broke below the keeper.

Now I get to put the motor on an engine stand and start tearing it apart.
Looks like some machining is in order for the head (maybe) and a new piston. That sucks to see Tim.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4014 on: October 23, 2011, 11:03:50 PM »

No machining on the head.  It's pretty much junk at this point.  Too much work and money to even think about repairing the damage to the head.  I got the go ahead from my wife to build my motor. So, I picked up a bare k20a2 head with nothing but the rocker assembly.  I'm going to have that ported and polished and get a 3 angle valve job done on it by the machine shop that's going to be honing and decking my block. 

Anyway, I pulled the tranny off the block.  I was going to put the block on my engine stand to finish tearing it down, but one bolt wasn't long enough.  I've gotta wait until tomorrow to go pick up another bolt so I can get it up on the stand and continue with the tear down.  Pics will follow.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: October 24, 2011, 10:52:17 AM »

I figured there may have been a way to salvage the head. Oh well. At least you picked up a new bare head and got the thumbs up from wifey to bring the car back to life.

B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: October 24, 2011, 11:21:14 AM »

I guess I missed those pictures you posted Tim, that really sucks!

Ryan- Watching your dyno run makes me really want to get on a dyno! 232whp is not bad.

I finally got my TL bar installed. I had to cut out the old endlinks. After that, the install was pretty easy. Driving to class today was alot of fun.  Cheesy

- Bobby
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: October 24, 2011, 11:33:48 AM »

Yeah, I was happy with it.  11 whp increase from addin the PCDs and the V1 J pipe.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: October 24, 2011, 02:20:48 PM »

Went forum shopping and bought some little items today Hondata IMG, K-Tuned fuel rail, and some SS brake hoses. Also got my new front and rear bumper (the old front was kinda mangled on the bottom from my trip over the curb last winter :/ and the rear was melted slightly from the fart can the previous owner had on) also looking at buying an EBay special OEM style lipkit I know, I know fiberglass etc etc takes alot of work to fit...but I can get the whole kit for the price of a front lip so I'm willing to give it a shot. Won't put any of it on till spring, and the engine parts won't even be going on this motor...the accord is my only car ATM so im picking up a motor to slowly build for boost I'm looking at two options right now another A4 for $400 or a A2 for $1900 I'm going to Frankenstein if I go the A4 just figuring out what will be more cost effective
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4019 on: October 24, 2011, 02:42:23 PM »

It's your call.  If you build it for boost, you can have the oil squirters installed into the A4 block.

Good call on the k tuned stuff.  Those guys are awesome.  They just recently added their own intake manifold gasket.  I think it's about $10 less than the Hondata one.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012