Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 08:18:39 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1882300 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3885 on: September 13, 2011, 02:10:05 PM »

Fuel filter should not need changing and your plugs should be good for 60k or better.
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: September 13, 2011, 02:32:35 PM »

Idk... they are all done with it, just gotta pick it up after work.  Mech said he drove it and felt a "definite differnece" so I'll change the plugs when I get home, reset the computer and see where I land from there... But somethin tells me I'll be droppin the car off at Honda tomorrow.  Cry

UPDATE:
I got the car back, changed the plugs when I got home.  Went out and did some toolin around.  First thing I noticed... HOLY SHIT does the car feel strong, with the fuel system clean out and new plugs.  The mechanic said the car was blowin out a crazy amount of white smoke (from I'm assuming when he Seafoamed the fuel system) and that it meant a lot of carbon was built up in the system.  I took the car out with my mom and had to behave, but I thought I felt a slight vibration cruisin around.  Then once alone, I really got on it and didn't really feel much vibration at all.  I guess the real test will be the trip to work tomorrow, which is usually where I feel it the most (highway).  So I'll keep you guys posted.

FURTHER UPDATE:
Drove it to work this mornin and its still doin it, just a slight vibration between 50 and 70 mph... I have no idea what it is.  And I'm tired of throwin money at possible solutions.  I've spent just about a full paycheck on it in the last two weeks and I'm just tired and burnt out on it.  But its driveable, Like I said, it only does it between 50 and 70 and its barely noticeable with just me in the car.  So I'm done for now, I'm gonna take a break from blowin money on it and just drive it as is for the time being.  Weirdest part is, if I go out and run it hard from a stop all the way up to 80... you don't feel ANY vibration... I just don't get it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 08:42:19 AM by accordguy04 » Logged

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
Armyguy239

Doc

Reputation Power: 11
Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: September 15, 2011, 09:32:42 AM »

sat there and just stared at her in her parking spot
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: September 15, 2011, 09:36:21 AM »

Haha, I used to catch my self doin that when I worked at Advance... Now I don't have a window, so I can't see her... Sad

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3889 on: September 15, 2011, 09:44:40 AM »

Got some parts to hopefully put in this weekend.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3890 on: September 15, 2011, 01:39:06 PM »

Idk... they are all done with it, just gotta pick it up after work.  Mech said he drove it and felt a "definite differnece" so I'll change the plugs when I get home, reset the computer and see where I land from there... But somethin tells me I'll be droppin the car off at Honda tomorrow.  Cry

UPDATE:
I got the car back, changed the plugs when I got home.  Went out and did some toolin around.  First thing I noticed... HOLY SHIT does the car feel strong, with the fuel system clean out and new plugs.  The mechanic said the car was blowin out a crazy amount of white smoke (from I'm assuming when he Seafoamed the fuel system) and that it meant a lot of carbon was built up in the system.  I took the car out with my mom and had to behave, but I thought I felt a slight vibration cruisin around.  Then once alone, I really got on it and didn't really feel much vibration at all.  I guess the real test will be the trip to work tomorrow, which is usually where I feel it the most (highway).  So I'll keep you guys posted.

FURTHER UPDATE:
Drove it to work this mornin and its still doin it, just a slight vibration between 50 and 70 mph... I have no idea what it is.  And I'm tired of throwin money at possible solutions.  I've spent just about a full paycheck on it in the last two weeks and I'm just tired and burnt out on it.  But its driveable, Like I said, it only does it between 50 and 70 and its barely noticeable with just me in the car.  So I'm done for now, I'm gonna take a break from blowin money on it and just drive it as is for the time being.  Weirdest part is, if I go out and run it hard from a stop all the way up to 80... you don't feel ANY vibration... I just don't get it.

Same exact thing mine is doing. If i'm light on the pedal I feel it. If I'm in it I dont
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: September 15, 2011, 02:11:16 PM »

Sucks, but its whatever.  Its fine and driveable for now... so its whatever.  I might have the other axle replaced some time next month just to see if it takes care of it.  I have read thread where ppl had a similar problem, changed one and fixed most of it, changed the other and it took care of the rest.  Idk.  But I'm just glad I finally sold the pulley, made up the costs of the axle and install. Cheesy

-Ryan

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: September 15, 2011, 08:22:27 PM »

was about to install a aem v2 and got caught in rain  Embarrassed 

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3893 on: September 15, 2011, 09:19:30 PM »

If replacing both axles don't fix it, and all your bushings are in good condition, then you may want to start considering your wheel bearings.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: September 15, 2011, 09:48:32 PM »

Idk, I'm just leavin it for now and hopin for the best. haha

What is that Tim (the part you posted a pic of)?

-Ryan

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3895 on: September 15, 2011, 10:15:55 PM »

It's a Hybrid Racing timing chain tensioner.  Much better than stock.

Tim
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: September 16, 2011, 02:08:03 PM »

looks nice! any reason in particular you choose that one?

I took out my Ipod integrater today. In a week or 2 the new h/u should be here.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: September 16, 2011, 02:46:15 PM »

Because it PWNS the OEM one.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3898 on: September 16, 2011, 10:38:23 PM »

Here's a few reasons why I went with the Hybrid Racing timing chain tensioner over an OEM replacement and other aftermarket brands.  First of all, the OEM timing chain tensioner has been known to fail because of excessive wear with aftermarket cams and OEM cams.  The Toda timing chain tensioner is just a remanufactured OEM tensioner with a stiffer spring, which stretches the timing chain.  The Junk2 timing chain tensioner is based off of the OEM design with just a larger diameter piston and stiffer spring, which again, stretches the timing chain.  On top of that, it's Junk2.  They may have made a name with B Series parts, but they have been pumping out garbage for their K Series line of products.  They also treat their customers like shit.

The Hybrid Racing timing chain tensioner was designed to improve on the flaws of the OEM tensioner.  It's the only one that doesn't use added spring pressure to slow down wear.  It is also the only tensioner that has two ratcheting mechanisms.  On top of that, they "optimized" the oil passageways so that it responds to oil pressure faster.  Yes, I'm quoting Hybrid Racing's website.

All in all, Hybrid Racing makes great products and their customer service is top notch.  I have never heard a bad thing about them on all the forums and have been more than happy with the products I have purchased from them so far.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:40:14 PM by timot_one » Logged

Tim
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: September 17, 2011, 04:13:22 PM »

sexy

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012