Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 01:07:40 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1882102 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8685 on: May 29, 2016, 04:58:10 PM »

Right now it's not tuned. I'm not sure if it's going to be safe to run pump gas until I get on the dyno. My issue is not the fuel sensor, but the fact that I have such high compression with gobs of boost. I was running around 11:1 compression with 30 lbs of boost. I dropped the compression a little bit down to 10.7:1 now. We will see if I'm safe to run pump gas and are able to turn the boost down consistently to a safe level with pump gas.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #8686 on: May 29, 2016, 10:29:08 PM »

Gotcha, that's more involved than I thought. I was thinking tune for E85 and a separate one for pump gas and you could load either. Similar to running a water/meth setup with advanced timing.

Rich
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8687 on: May 29, 2016, 11:34:36 PM »

The flex fuel sensor makes it so I don't even have to change my tune. It does everything automatically based on ethanol content. My issue is that I went crazy and wanted a high compression motor and didn't think my blower would make so much boost.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8688 on: June 01, 2016, 11:17:41 AM »

Waxed it yesterday.
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #8689 on: June 01, 2016, 11:33:59 AM »

Right now it's not tuned. I'm not sure if it's going to be safe to run pump gas until I get on the dyno. My issue is not the fuel sensor, but the fact that I have such high compression with gobs of boost. I was running around 11:1 compression with 30 lbs of boost. I dropped the compression a little bit down to 10.7:1 now. We will see if I'm safe to run pump gas and are able to turn the boost down consistently to a safe level with pump gas.

Because racecar.

Denny,
That gloss tho!
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #8690 on: June 02, 2016, 10:31:36 AM »

Thanks! Had a couple hours of a photo shoot done by a friend last night. Can't wait to get the pictures back. Also ordered more feathers this past weekend.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #8691 on: June 02, 2016, 10:37:09 AM »

Laid down some more big ass stickers. Curved parts suck for that.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #8692 on: June 02, 2016, 11:24:30 AM »

Denny/Z,

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8693 on: June 02, 2016, 10:11:13 PM »

Because racecar.

Motor is probably going to be coming back out. I'm having transmission problems and the fuel system doesn't seem to be working out. I'm having more problems than expected and it's just not worth it any more.

Tim
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #8694 on: June 02, 2016, 11:56:00 PM »

Yes it is! Don't give up!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8695 on: June 03, 2016, 11:28:54 AM »

I'm taking a break from it right now. I can't even look at it.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8696 on: June 03, 2016, 02:42:37 PM »

Good move Tim... Walk away and come back with a fresh perspective.

I had to change the passenger side window regulator in mine today... Took longer to get the part from the stupid store than it did to install it. Oddly enough the cable broke rather than the motor giving out. I'd have to say I have never seen that before.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8697 on: June 03, 2016, 02:58:34 PM »

My windows are loose in the window track.  Something is up with the piece that holds them at the bottom.  One day I'll look into it and fix it.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8698 on: June 05, 2016, 01:24:40 PM »

Might be twisted. With the power your car makes...
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8699 on: June 05, 2016, 02:31:13 PM »

Actually, I blame the WeatherTech window visors.  Ever since I installed those, I've had problems with my windows. 

Spent some time chasing down problems in the fuel system last night.  There are a few leaks that need to be taken care of.  One I think I got taken care of, the others are coming from brand new Earl's fittings. mad

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012