Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 01:01:38 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1882096 times)
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #8520 on: March 12, 2016, 03:34:12 PM »

Accord is mostly fixed and back up and running.

The crv needa a new alternator lol life sucks balls hard

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8521 on: March 12, 2016, 09:35:42 PM »

Pulled apart an old transmission today to get 6th gear off of it. My 6th gear let go last night when I was driving around.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #8522 on: March 13, 2016, 06:40:43 PM »

Car's still at the shop. No updates/info yet.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #8523 on: March 14, 2016, 05:22:57 PM »

Started my brake overhaul/upgrade yesterday.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #8524 on: March 16, 2016, 12:13:12 AM »

found out that the CRV driver axle has a torn boot. Also getting a lot of popping and clicking noise. I hope it not the ball joint... or as Tim calls it "Male child birth" round 4

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8525 on: March 17, 2016, 03:21:21 PM »

Did a valve adjustment and leak down test the other day.  Everything checks out with only 2%-7% leak between all the cylinders.  Pulled the blower off yesterday to look for possible coolant leaks and found nothing.  Pressure testing the coolant system comes up with a slow leak, but I can't find the source.  My guess is that it's from the radiator cap flange.  Time to pull this radiator and replace it with something better.

Getting ready to pull the motor out today.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #8526 on: March 17, 2016, 06:01:37 PM »

Completed the front half of my brakes. That's where the upgrade was. Stepped up to 08 CR-V calipers and TSX rotors. Had to do some modding for it to bolt on but night and day difference over the shitty OEM brakes. Slightly increased pedal travel over stock, barks my tires if I stomp on them and since the pistons are equal diameter, no need to flip them to bleed like the Legend calipers. Still need to redo my rear brakes.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
SilverAccords06n12
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
SilverAccords06n12 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #8527 on: March 18, 2016, 04:23:54 PM »

Finally taking off my Michelin snow tires despite snow in the forecast for Monday!  I also might try to sand the rust off two sets of steelies, and repaint them.  I can't decide between colors to go with my Alabaster Silver paint.  I'll probably just settle for regular old gloss black.
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #8528 on: March 18, 2016, 08:35:50 PM »

Completed the front half of my brakes. That's where the upgrade was. Stepped up to 08 CR-V calipers and TSX rotors. Had to do some modding for it to bolt on but night and day difference over the shitty OEM brakes. Slightly increased pedal travel over stock, barks my tires if I stomp on them and since the pistons are equal diameter, no need to flip them to bleed like the Legend calipers. Still need to redo my rear brakes.
Nice! Adding this to the to-do-list

Replaced brakelight bulbs, a whole 2mins Wink

Rich
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #8529 on: March 18, 2016, 11:56:37 PM »

Nice! Adding this to the to-do-list

Replaced brakelight bulbs, a whole 2mins Wink

Rich, if you do plan on doing this take this into consideration: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/4982330-post28.html
That's my reply in this thread: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/178-wheels-suspension-brakes/45355-cr-v-dual-calipers-installed.html

Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #8530 on: March 20, 2016, 01:13:35 PM »

Thanks, i'll reference that when the time comes

Rich
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #8531 on: March 20, 2016, 09:00:35 PM »

I changed my rear drums today. If I haven't said before that I hate drum brakes, I'm definitely saying it now. Next time I have to take anything apart back there, it'll be to swap to discs.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8532 on: March 20, 2016, 09:16:16 PM »

Be grateful that you don't have to replace wheel bearings every time you do your brakes.  Cheesy

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #8533 on: March 21, 2016, 09:03:11 PM »

Fuck that.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8534 on: March 22, 2016, 01:13:35 AM »

That's what I have to do with the Civic. 

Anyway, back on topic.  I drained the radiator and pulled it out.  I test fit my new Koyo radiator and it should be an easy fit.  Just a few small modifications and it will be ready to go.  I also drained the transmission, pulled the axles and removed the charge harness.  The motor is coming out again and the head is coming off for some machine work.  Gotta make a few upgrades to handle the increased flow that this blower is capable of.  Tons of fun.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012