Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 04:32:57 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881458 times)
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #8400 on: August 29, 2015, 05:34:05 PM »

Drove from Charleston, WV to Columbus, OH to pick up the wife. Car got 35 mpg Wink 98% hwy. I love the car again lol

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8401 on: August 29, 2015, 07:13:10 PM »

Been getting more work on the stereo done. Mounted the audio processor and XM tuner in the trunk and ran all the wires. Going to get the power and remote turn on wires all finished up and then the last run of speaker wire tonight.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #8402 on: August 31, 2015, 07:44:52 AM »

Take some pics Tim.  I love audio builds. 
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #8403 on: August 31, 2015, 05:40:03 PM »

Not a gen7, but got my rotors and pads replaced on he TSX. Also, been having oil consumption issues - researched and found a tsb for piston rings that go bad on my model. Got a letter in the mail today saying that the tsb is now a safety recall and they are extending the warranty to cover the fix. So I'll be scheduling that work for new pistons and rings sometime next month. Timing on that letter was incredible.

-brian
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8404 on: August 31, 2015, 05:51:32 PM »

Nothing really special actually.  Just a single amp set up with my existing speaker set up.  I just wanted to have audio in the car again.  Here's a break down of what I did:
- run new speaker wire to the front of the car
- replace my old cracked q-logic speaker pods in the front
- make a plate to mount the crossovers under the rear deck in the trunk
- mount the xm tuner and audio processor under the rear deck in the trunk
- secure the amp in the trunk
- wire the audio processor, amp, crossovers and speakers

Surprisingly, everything worked after sitting for over 4 years.  The only problem I had was with my right rear midrange driver.  It was distorting, so I pulled it out and popped in the last spare I had for it.  For an audio system without a subwoofer, my speaker set up has pretty good lows from just the mid bass speakers in the door.

I'll post some pictures when I have a chance to do a proper audio build.  This is just temporary until I have a chance to design an amp rack and clean up some small stuff.  I'm not happy with the fit and finish of the crossover mounting plate and how the xm tuner and audio processor are spaced off from their mounting points for clearance.  I also need RCA's that are just a tiny bit longer than the ones I have right now.  They're kind of just laying loose out in the trunk right now because I haven't had time to finish running them and tidying them up.  I just wanted to listen to and test my audio system again.

I also need to send in one of my amps for a repair.  I forgot exactly what was wrong, but I recall there being an issue with the 4x100 amp I have that was powering my mid bass speakers in my door (2x200 bridged).

Here are a few random pictures I happened to take while doing the install.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
AZcaveman
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
AZcaveman pfffft.

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #8405 on: August 31, 2015, 07:53:20 PM »

Modest mouse ova here! My amp just sits under my seat LOL yours looks good, "for now"
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8406 on: September 01, 2015, 01:07:31 AM »

It's really nothing special. I want it to be a bit cleaner than it is currently. I'd also like to get the other amps installed and build a new sub enclosure.

Tim
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #8407 on: September 01, 2015, 08:12:34 AM »

I like the crossover mount you made.  Looks nice and clean. 
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8408 on: September 01, 2015, 08:32:49 AM »

Thanks. The material is fairly thin, which I don't like. I need to make another plate out of thicker material so I can countersink all of the bolts that hold it in place. I'm also going to run the wire on the back side of the plate and drill holes for them to come through to attach to the crossover. That should result in a much cleaner look.

Tim
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #8409 on: September 02, 2015, 08:12:04 AM »

^^ That is a good idea. Are you just building a normal sub box or are you going to custom mount it? 
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8410 on: September 03, 2015, 11:07:39 AM »

Thanks. The material is fairly thin, which I don't like. I need to make another plate out of thicker material so I can countersink all of the bolts that hold it in place. I'm also going to run the wire on the back side of the plate and drill holes for them to come through to attach to the crossover. That should result in a much cleaner look.

Nice work as always.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8411 on: September 03, 2015, 04:07:53 PM »

^^ That is a good idea. Are you just building a normal sub box or are you going to custom mount it? 

I have a regular sub box already, but I'd like to build a fiberglass enclosure, or possibly two and use dual 10" subs.

Nice work as always.

Thanks Mike.

Tim
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8412 on: September 12, 2015, 06:11:33 PM »

Changed the oil and fixed a few small problems.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #8413 on: September 15, 2015, 08:44:33 PM »

Just ordered stage 2 of my brake upgrade/overhaul. Only two more parts needed but I needs more money for that.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #8414 on: September 15, 2015, 09:42:09 PM »

Went to the car wash lol
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012