Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 06:22:00 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881703 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8100 on: December 31, 2014, 11:09:56 AM »

Yes. That's the whole reason for this push to get it all done. I'm picking up a trailer tomorrow and driving out to PA on Friday. Gonna impose on ginger Ryan and hang out with him that night and then hit the dyno on Saturday to finish tuning. Only a few small things to finish up today before firing it up. I need to get the garage warm first though. It's freezing out.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #8101 on: December 31, 2014, 01:57:56 PM »

Nice Tim, good luck this weekend.

Thanks Ike

Loaded up a Type - S cal with 410 injectors selected, set fuel pressure, started here up  Grin, went through the gears while it was on the lift to get fluid in all the nooks and cranny of the tranny, brought it up to temp (felt like forever with the bigger capacity radiator), checked for leaks/weird noises/faults, buttoned up interior, needed a new accessory belt because it was making more noise than before the build with the new PS pump (Katie helped with this in the Advance Auto parking lot), Paul took it for a test drive with me and got jelly when he chirped the tires going into 2nd at around 2-2.5k rpm. I was told repeatedly to keep the rpm below 3k unless absolutely necessary.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 01:59:58 PM by Rich01 » Logged

Rich
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8102 on: January 01, 2015, 09:39:58 AM »

Good stuff Rich!

I fired up the motor yesterday too. Everything is back together and it's ready to load up on the trailer to get hauled out to PA tomorrow.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Rich01

View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: January 02, 2015, 09:57:41 PM »

Checked tranny fluid levels, oil n filter change and topped off my coolant. Pured the oil through a strainer to verify no metal shavings were present.

Rich
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8104 on: January 03, 2015, 01:07:45 AM »

What break in oil are you using?

I loaded up the Accord on the trailer and towed it out to PA today. Tune is in the morning. Can't wait to see what happens. Hopefully it does better this time around.

Tim
Rich01

View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: January 03, 2015, 08:02:23 AM »

Nothing special Tim, just conventional Castrol 10w30. Changed within the first 500 miles then around 1500 and then every 3k after.

Rich
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8106 on: January 03, 2015, 11:52:20 AM »

What break in oil are you using?

I loaded up the Accord on the trailer and towed it out to PA today. Tune is in the morning. Can't wait to see what happens. Hopefully it does better this time around.
good luck
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8107 on: January 04, 2015, 02:28:31 AM »

Nothing special Tim, just conventional Castrol 10w30. Changed within the first 500 miles then around 1500 and then every 3k after.

I'm surprised Paul didn't recommend break in oil.

good luck

Thanks Mike. Things went pretty good today. I just got back about an hour ago. Car is still on the trailer. I didn't want to wake the neighbors trying to unload it, so I'll pull it off tomorrow morning.

Everything was working fine. Had a small issue with my boost control solenoid, but switched out the 3 port I had over to a 4 port and now I have boost by gear.

Tim
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: January 04, 2015, 07:50:08 AM »

I'm surprised Paul didn't recommend break in oil.

Timbo, the amount any type of assembly lube I use mixes with the conventional oil giving it the high molybdenum content of break in oil.

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8109 on: January 04, 2015, 08:30:02 AM »

I thought break in oils promoted having a high zinc content?

I know there are different opinions of whether to run break in oil or just whatever cheap stuff you can find.

Tim
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #8110 on: January 04, 2015, 05:00:31 PM »

Put the Sport into winter mode today.  My old 6-6 wheels are lookin pretty rough... but this is prolly the last season for the tires so I don't care I just threw em on.  Let me know if anybody wants em in the spring.  Lol

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
Rich01

View Profile
« Reply #8111 on: January 04, 2015, 08:02:04 PM »

Replaced the grommet for the hole in the firewall where the wideband is routed through. Also got, my axles replaced under warranty so I have a spare set. Also Dom got me going on a pretty good cal. Brought up my idle rpm a little so the vibration isn't as bad. Now I need to get some miles on her so we can see what it looks like up top.

May have to get traction control. It was wet today and merging on the highway in 3rd about 2800rpm, I could feel it starting to get lose.

Rich
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8112 on: January 04, 2015, 08:56:59 PM »

Pulled it off the trailer and backed it into the garage. Going to tweak a few small things and try to take it out this week some time.

This is the result of yesterday's tune.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #8113 on: January 04, 2015, 10:51:47 PM »

Dat torque curve doe...

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #8114 on: January 05, 2015, 12:40:57 AM »

Consistent....
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012