Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 06:14:02 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881699 times)
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #8025 on: November 23, 2014, 12:48:12 PM »

Replaced fog light ballasts

Rich
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #8026 on: November 27, 2014, 06:14:02 PM »

Doing the V6 battery upgrade !

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8027 on: November 27, 2014, 11:00:20 PM »

Finished everything up and got it packed up for the tune this Saturday. Everything is ready to go now.

I forgot that I cut the power wires for my water/meth controller and pump when I upgraded my fuel pump wiring. When I went to test it for the first time, it wasn't working. I had to scramble to re-solder them back to 12v power. I'm glad I caught that before I got to the tuner. I really didn't want to get there and not have it work when on the dyno.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #8028 on: November 30, 2014, 04:12:39 PM »

So hows the car? Making 600whp?

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8029 on: November 30, 2014, 04:41:28 PM »

We want to see the numbers Tim !
For myself, I'm on the road to get my car swapped !

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8030 on: December 01, 2014, 12:07:06 AM »

I posted stuff on Instagram for the people that follow me.  I have the same screen name as here for those that aren't.  I didn't make the power that I wanted yesterday, but that's because fuel pressure started bleeding off over 5000 rpm.  We couldn't finish tuning because of the issue.  Basically, my fuel line was too big so my pump wasn't able to keep up with the volume necessary to fill the line.  I'm going to have to step down from -10 (fire hose size) fuel lines to -8 fuel lines.  There are also a few more small issues that need to be cleared up.  My water meth system is leaking at the solenoid fittings, I need a new O2 sensor, and I need to switch around some wiring stuff.  All small stuff to take care of before my next tune.  It's capable of making more power though.

I still made great power, for having all these glitches come up during the tune.  I reclaimed the record for highest hp roots blower car on my tuner's dyno.  It made 550 hp and 440 lb/ft at 26 psi, making 400 lb/ft at 3000 rpm.  This was with the smallest crank pulley, 5.5" ATI Super Damper, and largest blower pulley I had, 3".  I have a smaller 2.5" pulley, but I'm going to get another 2.75" pulley to try also.

Overall, it's pretty ridiculous the way it is.  My motor should be good up to about 9000-9500 rpm.  As soon as I have the changes made to my fuel system and other changes made, we can turn it up and see what it makes.  I think it has at least another 100-150 hp in it.  I really want to see what it's able to do.  My next tune is scheduled for January 3rd.  I should have enough time to get everything squared away by then.

I broke the dyno with too much torque. LOL. Not really...

Back home.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8031 on: December 01, 2014, 07:44:03 AM »

Holy f**king shit !!! :O that a beast !
I'm swapping the k24a2 this morning Cheesy

ikethegreat

ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #8032 on: December 01, 2014, 07:48:58 AM »

Great numbers Tim, even with the few small problems.  I'd glad to see your hard work is paying off. 
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8033 on: December 01, 2014, 09:46:19 AM »

Thanks guys. I hope the rest of the work I have to do pays off too. Either way, my car is stupid the way it is. It pulls hard in 5th gear at part throttle. I only say that because in 1-4 it just spins the tires at about 40-50% throttle.

Tim
thisaznboi88

thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #8034 on: December 01, 2014, 01:28:16 PM »

Sounds good Tim. Damn your car sounds beast right now

Maybe you need something like this?
http://www.hondata.com/traction_control.html

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #8035 on: December 01, 2014, 07:10:15 PM »

Great job Tim. Great numbers and even greater potential to go higher. What wheels are those and specs? I thought you were putting on Rays?

Rich
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8036 on: December 01, 2014, 10:45:42 PM »

Important thing to know, when installing a manual engine on a automatic transmission, remove the sleeve inside the engine (flywheel side) before mating it the the AT or it will not fit !
Had to remove the engine again because we forgot to remove it, the tranny bolted up but the engine was way to hard to rotate with a ratchet at the pulley bolt

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8037 on: December 01, 2014, 11:46:41 PM »

Sounds good Tim. Damn your car sounds beast right now

Maybe you need something like this?
http://www.hondata.com/traction_control.html

I actually have it sitting in my office.  I just haven't had a chance to install it.  I should be able to get it installed during corporate shut down from work at Christmas.  We should be able to tune the traction control with the boost control to help me keep traction.  I'm also going to be running much wider tires in the spring.

Great job Tim. Great numbers and even greater potential to go higher. What wheels are those and specs? I thought you were putting on Rays?

They are Work Emotion CR-KAI's that I had painted a HOK color that I really like.  They're 18"x8.5" +42 with 245/40/18 Hankook Ventus V12's.  The tires are crap and the paint was half assed.  I'm probably going to end up having them powder coated if they can match the color I want. 

The Volks I have will be getting new tires for the spring.  I'm looking at a set of 275/35/18 Toyo R888's, Nitto NT01's or 265/40/18 Mickey Thompson ET Streets for those wheels.

Important thing to know, when installing a manual engine on a automatic transmission, remove the sleeve inside the engine (flywheel side) before mating it the the AT or it will not fit !
Had to remove the engine again because we forgot to remove it, the tranny bolted up but the engine was way to hard to rotate with a ratchet at the pulley bolt

That's called a pilot bushing.  I didn't know that the AT doesn't use them, but it makes sense.  I remember that I had to add one when I swapped a K24A2 AT in my car.

Tim
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8038 on: December 02, 2014, 07:10:46 AM »

There is a pin on the automatic tranny that is about the same size as the exterior of the pilot bushing.

[ChaosweaveR]

Hellastock

Reputation Power: 3
[ChaosweaveR] pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8039 on: December 02, 2014, 08:24:34 AM »

Not swapping in the six speed? Still jelly of the K24A2 swap.

2005 CM7: EX-L, K24A4, five speed auto

I'm boring, guys. I like function over form. :c
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012