Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:16:02 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881397 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #7830 on: July 21, 2014, 09:47:14 AM »

Drove it a total of 1500 miles in the last few days.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
theycallme_og

not that kind of OG

Reputation Power: 1
theycallme_og pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #7831 on: July 21, 2014, 03:06:14 PM »

I fixed my driver window, the bracket came off the glass so I re-glued them with some epoxy glue and the also bought some silicone based lubricant to lube up the window guide rails.
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #7832 on: July 25, 2014, 10:30:24 PM »

Did some debugging on my fogs today to see why my DS would sometimes not turn on or just flickers. I think i need a new ballast. It did the same with another fog that I connected to the same ballast.

Rich
Rich01

View Profile
« Reply #7833 on: July 26, 2014, 09:03:42 PM »

3x tranny flush and K&N air filter on the RDX today. Also washed my filter. Will oil and re-install tomorrow. I did attempt to replace my shifter cable bushings with the Torque Solutions ones but I gave up trying to get the old ones out.

Rich
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7834 on: July 26, 2014, 11:35:54 PM »

Those bushings can be a bitch.  Sometimes, you can't do anything but replace the cables.  Are they the stock bushings?

BOT.  I dropped off my runners and the template for the flange to the machinist that will be doing all my machine work.  He said it should be done by Friday, so that means next weekend some progress should be made on my plenum.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7835 on: July 26, 2014, 11:58:10 PM »

3x tranny flush and K&N air filter on the RDX today. Also washed my filter. Will oil and re-install tomorrow. I did attempt to replace my shifter cable bushings with the Torque Solutions ones but I gave up trying to get the old ones out.
Be careful, I ended up bending the metal rod at the end of the cable on mine. (Just a bit of a kink at the end) Everything worked out ok but it scared the hell outta me. Lol

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.

View Profile
« Reply #7836 on: July 27, 2014, 01:11:38 AM »

Did you replace the filter as well? Replacing the filter helps out a lot when doing the 3x tranny service.
Rich01

View Profile
« Reply #7837 on: July 27, 2014, 10:23:54 AM »

Those bushings can be a bitch.  Sometimes, you can't do anything but replace the cables.  Are they the stock bushings?

BOT.  I dropped off my runners and the template for the flange to the machinist that will be doing all my machine work.  He said it should be done by Friday, so that means next weekend some progress should be made on my plenum.
Yeah, i'm replacing the stock bushings because i have excess play in my shifter. Eg. I used to go as far right as i can go to get into 5th and now the shifter goes pass where 5th is. Its as if my gears are closer to the left now and I know the gears didnt move hence why im swapping bushings. Reverse seems to work fine. I may have stretched or wear out something the week i had to drive without the reverse lock.

Be careful, I ended up bending the metal rod at the end of the cable on mine. (Just a bit of a kink at the end) Everything worked out ok but it scared the hell outta me. Lol
Thx man, i'll keep that in mind.

Did you replace the filter as well? Replacing the filter helps out a lot when doing the 3x tranny service.

No, I thought about it, but the thread over on acurazine didn't mention anything about  the filter. Then again, they may not need a new filter being that most of those guys do the 3x around every 2 oil change. A little overkill for a daily if you ask me. I'm just following the maintenance schedule. I still have to flush the transfer case and diff.

Rich
Rich01

View Profile
« Reply #7838 on: July 27, 2014, 02:53:04 PM »

Oiled and re-installed air filter, opened it up a few time without load and got a flashing CEL. Scanned and confirmed multiple misfires. Looks like it's time for a set of plugs. These have been in for about 70k+ miles.

Rich
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #7839 on: July 27, 2014, 04:59:04 PM »

car wash! Smiley

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7840 on: July 27, 2014, 10:38:19 PM »

Oiled and re-installed air filter, opened it up a few time without load and got a flashing CEL. Scanned and confirmed multiple misfires. Looks like it's time for a set of plugs. These have been in for about 70k+ miles.
I just had this code last week and traced it to one bad coil. Might want to check those first its easy and free!
stevenye
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
stevenye pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7841 on: July 27, 2014, 11:21:14 PM »

Finally put on my HIDs! (No, not ricer blue)

[X] TSX Intake Manifold
[X] Lowered
[X] CAI
[X] Underdrive Pullies
[X] HIDs
  • PnP
  • Nice Rims
  • HFP Lip
  • Exhaust + Headers
X = Installed  O = Don't have yet
Rich01

View Profile
« Reply #7842 on: July 28, 2014, 05:42:13 AM »

I just had this code last week and traced it to one bad coil. Might want to check those first its easy and free!
Would be multiple coils, right, being that I have it on cylinders 1,2&4? I'll try and check today tho.

Rich
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #7843 on: July 28, 2014, 08:15:43 AM »

No sir mine came up as 1,3, and 5 with the code for multiple misfires. Just unplug one at a time and listen for the idle to change. If you unplug one with no change move it to a different cylinder. If your problem moves with it the coil is bad.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #7844 on: July 28, 2014, 05:30:23 PM »

if you need coils LMK if you need 1 to test or replace

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012