Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:01:50 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881571 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #7350 on: December 04, 2013, 07:49:39 AM »

I got the 'A'. He liked I popped the UCA rather than the lower like the school teaches. The instructor and I are 'OG'.

And no worries man. T'was my pleasure doing the job.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7351 on: December 04, 2013, 07:56:26 AM »

Finished up my 4.052 final drive and 2010 Si gear swap and checked the clearances.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7352 on: December 04, 2013, 07:59:43 AM »

I got the 'A'. He liked I popped the UCA rather than the lower like the school teaches. The instructor and I are 'OG'.

What's the logic behind popping the upper instead of the lower?  I'm sure there's a practical reason instead of being OG.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #7353 on: December 04, 2013, 08:42:24 AM »

What's the logic behind popping the upper instead of the lower?  I'm sure there's a practical reason instead of being OG.
Honestly, I've never popped the lower ball joint. I've always done the upper.

My reasoning behind it is it allows the spindle to sit on the lower and remain off to the side when fiddling with the axle. Popping the lower leaves the spindle hanging right in the way when pulling the axle. I've heard of some techs leaving the lower shock fork on the strut which also interferes with removal using the unbolted lower method. Plus, I can "see" the upper ball joint very easily compared to the lower.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7354 on: December 04, 2013, 11:11:05 AM »

Makes sense.  I wonder if popping the upper ball joint is any easier than the lower.  I'm going to have to try it this way when I put my axles back in and replace my UCA's.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #7355 on: December 04, 2013, 11:22:22 AM »

I knocked out Rich's axles in about an hour and a half with hand tools. Since I've never tried the bottom pop method, how much of a pain is it?

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7356 on: December 04, 2013, 05:05:39 PM »

Popping the ball joint from the LCA isn't that bad either. The wrench method makes it pretty easy. I use a floor jack to lift it up for the "drop" step.

Tim
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #7357 on: December 04, 2013, 06:30:38 PM »

I followed Tim's advice when I was replacing the LCA compliance bushings. It's actually pretty easy popping the lower ball joints out. At first they wouldn't come out because I was being easy on it, but once I kind of forcefully dropped it down, it popped out.

The only issues I could foresee happening is having the wrench tear the rubber boot that's there.

Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #7358 on: December 05, 2013, 06:52:16 AM »

Debug some wiring issues, found a work around and test drove last night Grin

Rich
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #7359 on: December 05, 2013, 07:47:48 AM »

O rly? How'd it feel?

olecram39

Reputation Power: 3
olecram39 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #7360 on: December 05, 2013, 10:50:59 AM »

Ordered the vinyl yesterday to get it wrapped over winter break.
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7361 on: December 05, 2013, 11:10:12 AM »

Discovered that my fogs aren't working. :/
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7362 on: December 05, 2013, 10:39:28 PM »

Made a template for a new ice/water tank for my aftercooler system.  Going to drop it off to my fabricator tomorrow so he can get started on it.

Tim
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #7363 on: December 06, 2013, 10:02:41 PM »

O rly? How'd it feel?
weird, it's like a different car lol. still learning and looking for a fix.

Rich
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7364 on: December 07, 2013, 09:51:49 PM »

Took her to Whips for Wishes, a charity cruise to help the Nashua Children's home. They raised 430$ and a car full of gifts. There were 2 Dodge Neons, a BRZ, a Jeep, about 40 WRX's and STI's...and me...needless to say I did a good job of occupying the back of the caravan...
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012