Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 04:48:43 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881460 times)
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7275 on: November 05, 2013, 12:53:57 PM »

Got a return form for my blue fog bulbs, switching them out for white free of charge.
olecram39

Reputation Power: 3
olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7276 on: November 05, 2013, 06:30:46 PM »

Tried taking my catalytic converter off to see if it was clogged and maybe gut it. But it was a fail, i wasn't able to take the bolts off, broke a ratchet in the process. Didn't have the right conditions in my college apartment parking lot to do it.
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #7277 on: November 05, 2013, 06:47:11 PM »

Got a return form for my blue fog bulbs, switching them out for white free of charge.
Should have gotten yellow for winter.

Ordered some parts

Rich
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7278 on: November 05, 2013, 07:23:16 PM »

Pulled my fog light bulbs out after work, put the old bulbs back in. They're a little yellow Smiley
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #7279 on: November 06, 2013, 07:50:29 AM »

Swapped my rear lower control arms with a set of JPower arms (what a bitch it was to take out the old toe arms), swapped my rear upper control arms for a set of stockers (thanks Denny!) and then proceeded to do an alignment. My quickest and straightest alignment to date.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7280 on: November 06, 2013, 09:41:56 AM »

Swapped my rear lower control arms with a set of JPower arms (what a bitch it was to take out the old toe arms), swapped my rear upper control arms for a set of stockers (thanks Denny!) and then proceeded to do an alignment. My quickest and straightest alignment to date.

I have to install my lower control arms this weekend. Just curious, what made it a bitch to do? Did you have rusted bolts or is the job a bitch in general?

- Bobby
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7281 on: November 06, 2013, 09:49:20 AM »

The job is easy when things unbolt properly.  When you have seized bolts is when things get difficult.  You have to cut those bitches out.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7282 on: November 06, 2013, 09:57:38 AM »

New England problems lol...

Confirmed buyers address and will be getting my old mirrors ready to ship out this Friday.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #7283 on: November 06, 2013, 10:24:43 AM »

I have to install my lower control arms this weekend. Just curious, what made it a bitch to do? Did you have rusted bolts or is the job a bitch in general?

The problem is exactly what Tim said.Both of my eccentric bolts for the toe arms were seized to the collar inside the bushing. No amount of PB or air hammering would get them out. Had to break out the sawzall and cut the bolts on either side of the bushing. Every other bolt/nut was easy.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7284 on: November 06, 2013, 11:00:55 AM »

The job is easy when things unbolt properly.  When you have seized bolts is when things get difficult.  You have to cut those bitches out.

The problem is exactly what Tim said.Both of my eccentric bolts for the toe arms were seized to the collar inside the bushing. No amount of PB or air hammering would get them out. Had to break out the sawzall and cut the bolts on either side of the bushing. Every other bolt/nut was easy.

Gotcha. I'll pick up some replacement bolts just in case. Thanks guys!

- Bobby
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7285 on: November 06, 2013, 11:54:37 AM »

The main reason why those bolts are hard to get out is because they're seized in the metal collar that's in the rubber bushing.  When you hit it with an impact, the metal collar just deflects in the rubber bushing and doesn't get loose.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #7286 on: November 06, 2013, 12:33:53 PM »

The main reason why those bolts are hard to get out is because they're seized in the metal collar that's in the rubber bushing.  When you hit it with an impact, the metal collar just deflects in the rubber bushing and doesn't get loose.
Um...
Both of my eccentric bolts for the toe arms were seized to the collar inside the bushing. No amount of PB or air hammering would get them out. Had to break out the sawzall and cut the bolts on either side of the bushing. Every other bolt/nut was easy.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7287 on: November 06, 2013, 03:38:00 PM »

My main point was the deflection part, not the seizing in the metal collar that you already pointed out.  Thanks for playing though.  Flippa!

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #7288 on: November 06, 2013, 04:38:37 PM »

Maybe I should've put the air hammer part in bold as well. Nowhere did I say I used an impact. Flippa!

Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #7289 on: November 08, 2013, 05:07:59 PM »

Ordered new lugs for the RDX, 3000k bulbs for my fogs, got alignment and wheels balanced. Also softened up my struts.

Rich
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012