Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:51:19 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881579 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #7035 on: July 26, 2013, 02:38:28 PM »

I'm just messing with ya man. I know it's flat rate and a good tech can get paid for 80 hours in a 40 hour week. I can't blame the guy too much but leaving shit loose is unacceptable.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #7036 on: July 26, 2013, 04:58:56 PM »

looser than Nelson's ass on Duval St in Key West.

Eat shit, Z!

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: July 28, 2013, 12:17:01 AM »

Replaced PS LCA bushings (pita), replaced front rotors and pads, repainted front calipers, painted and replaced DS rear caliper, oil and filter change and drain and replaced about 2 bottles of brake fluid. I attempted to replace the DS LCA pushings again after soaking that seized bolt in pb blaster since last night and failed. Time to order a replacement bolt and cut that shit out. Also found that the PS rear caliper needs to be replace along with the lower ball joints. This time I'm replacing the knuckle. I'm tired of hammering things out.  Plus the knuckle will have new bearings also.

Rich
olecram39

Reputation Power: 3
olecram39 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #7038 on: July 28, 2013, 11:34:07 AM »

Sound deadening on the entire floor. 
Changed carpet color.

Painted my rear lip.
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7039 on: July 28, 2013, 02:36:34 PM »

Today I went outside to mess with my fogs because i'm an impatient asshole, and I thought if I could get one screw to secure each one i'll be alright.  Of course I didn't take the bumper off, I can get it off on my own but I need 2 people to get it back on. It's so warped one person has to push on it while the other screws the side, needless to say all I managed to accomplish was a pair of dirty hands and more frustration. Lol done with this for now..

So close...yet so far away...
unclejud49348

unclejud49348 pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: July 28, 2013, 09:42:34 PM »

Sup guys,

Haven't been on here in a while. Glad to see the site is still active and well.

And today, my transmission went out on my 05 Accord. 203,500 miles and it's completely gone.

Now I have to decide if I should replace it, have it rebuilt, or buy a new one. Hmmm...

Justin - NHBP Sedan 5AT

(^^ Made by Milan, thanks!)

Quote from: "skizot"
unclejud49348 <--serious, WTF is with that name
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7041 on: July 28, 2013, 09:51:00 PM »

Sup guys,

And today, my transmission went out on my 05 Accord. 203,500 miles and it's completely gone.

Now I have to decide if I should replace it, have it rebuilt, or buy a new one. Hmmm...
Buy new! I've been there and regret not doing it. Junk yard tranny was $1400 including labor when I wad looking. Rebuild about $3400, and new from Honda installed was just over 4k. I went rebuild because its what the warranty I had paid for. It's been back three times. a buddy that went they junk yard route last year just had his go again. If you go used Paul once told me to look for an oddsey or pilot trans as they are less likely to be abused.
unclejud49348

unclejud49348 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: July 29, 2013, 07:11:30 AM »

Sup guys,

Buy new! I've been there and regret not doing it. Junk yard tranny was $1400 including labor when I wad looking. Rebuild about $3400, and new from Honda installed was just over 4k. I went rebuild because its what the warranty I had paid for. It's been back three times. a buddy that went they junk yard route last year just had his go again. If you go used Paul once told me to look for an oddsey or pilot trans as they are less likely to be abused.

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the info. I'm going to start looking into it today as soon as I get a chance to call local dealerships / junk yards / transmission repair places. I also found that the 05 has a recall on the transmission for some reason so maybe I'll get lucky on that, but probably not.

I like the idea of buying a new one or a rebuilt, so I could get a warranty with it. I'm just not sure if it would be worth the money. We'll see what today holds. Thanks again.

Justin - NHBP Sedan 5AT

(^^ Made by Milan, thanks!)

Quote from: "skizot"
unclejud49348 <--serious, WTF is with that name
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7043 on: July 29, 2013, 10:07:44 AM »

Checked the compression yesterday.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7044 on: July 29, 2013, 03:43:54 PM »

Checked the compression yesterday.
and?
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7045 on: July 29, 2013, 06:26:46 PM »

It seems okay, but isn't awesome. There's no more and a 5 psi difference between each cylinder and total difference isn't more than 15 psi. Not ideal, but I have a feeling that the leak down test will tell me a lot more.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: July 29, 2013, 08:05:52 PM »

Drove it to work and was pleased with how much better the car feels with only one side of the bushings replaced.

Rich
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: July 29, 2013, 08:27:19 PM »

worked on my tail light mod harness for plug and play dual night parking lights , installed worked fine but my radio lights up like a chrismas tree, i suspect a cross in the wires some where in my dash which i still havent found yet  mad
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 07:19:53 AM by cna » Logged

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: August 01, 2013, 03:10:23 PM »

Got My retro Completed. DEPO blacked out housings, Oem reflector,Lexus RX-330 / AFS Projectors w/ TSX-R Clear Lens , Shrouds Apollo 2.0 & 3M ScotchGard Paint Protection Film

and finish my plug & play tail light mod harness

Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7049 on: August 01, 2013, 05:26:42 PM »

Got My retro Completed. DEPO blacked out housings, Oem reflector,Lexus RX-330 / AFS Projectors w/ TSX-R Clear Lens , Shrouds Apollo 2.0 & 3M ScotchGard Paint Protection Film

and finish my plug & play tail light mod harness

Do a new pair of pants come with those headlights? I'm going to need to change. Cheesy

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012