Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 09:07:40 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881529 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6795 on: April 18, 2013, 11:50:33 AM »

Changin out my mounts right now and there's a ground wire going to tye PS mount but there's no spot for it on the innovative mount... any ideas where to relocate?

You could drill and tap a hole in the mount.  You can also try a spot directly on your motor.  I'm not as familiar with the J's, so I can't suggest a spot.  You need that ground going to your motor though.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: April 18, 2013, 01:39:27 PM »

Ended up drilling out the hole on the end of the ground and just using the mounting bolts to attach it.

Well... got two out three on.  The PS was a piece of cake.  On the front one the one hole didn't line up... so I just drilled it out a little bit, just enough to get the bolt in.

I didn't do the rear, Its such a pain in the dick.  I stripped the nut on the top cross section of the mount when I tried to get it out.  Not a big deal, the Innovative mounts don't even have those nuts, so ill prolly just end up cutting it.  So I'm just gonna take it to my buddys shop next time I'm home and have him install it.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6797 on: April 18, 2013, 02:40:05 PM »

I have found that since the innovative mounts are stiffer than stock, you have less movement and it makes the mounts harder to get in. What I do is loosely bolt in the mount to the sub frame (only about 5-10 threads down the bolt), then run the bolt through the mount to the engine. Then I snug everything up and torque it all down.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6798 on: April 18, 2013, 02:54:10 PM »

I tried.  But with three bolts in the front right hole was off...  I'd say no more than an 1/8", so I just trimmed a bit to get the bolt in.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
fatbastard

Reputation Power: 7
fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: April 18, 2013, 07:47:56 PM »

i admire you guys doing DIY.... me, i just take it to a shop, drink soda, instagram the process, and "learn".  Cheesy

-- Charles --

2005 Honda Accord 2.4L sedan
2011 Subaru STi sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6800 on: April 18, 2013, 08:27:44 PM »

I get a better sense of accomplishment knowing that I was the one turning the wrenches.  It's also good to know when it's beyond your skill/experience/abilities and have the right shop do the work.

Tim
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6801 on: April 18, 2013, 08:31:27 PM »

I get a better sense of accomplishment knowing that I was the one turning the wrenches.  It's also good to know when it's beyond your skill/experience/abilities and have the right shop do the work.
or tools/equipment.  sometimes, it's not worth buying the proper tool if its for a job that is done once.

- Mark
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6802 on: April 18, 2013, 08:35:48 PM »

...unless you buy cheep cheap Chinese garbage at Harbor Freight.

Tim
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6803 on: April 18, 2013, 08:44:02 PM »

I like doin it myself and getting the satisfaction as well.  I've been tackling more and more lately and finding that its not as hard as I thought (mainly suspension stuff).

-Ryan

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6804 on: April 18, 2013, 11:03:19 PM »

That rear mount must be a bitch to get to on the J series. The K is a pain, so I know the J is worse with less room to work with.

I like to be able to say that I built my car myself. Granted, I only "assembled" the motor, but not a lot of people can say that.

Tim
fatbastard

Reputation Power: 7
fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: April 19, 2013, 02:49:56 AM »

the most complicated thing i did was assemble my valvetrain. that's it! but i dint do the valve clearance myself hahaha

-- Charles --

2005 Honda Accord 2.4L sedan
2011 Subaru STi sedan
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6806 on: April 19, 2013, 07:30:37 AM »

I tried.  But with three bolts in the front right hole was off...  I'd say no more than an 1/8", so I just trimmed a bit to get the bolt in.
Won't there be some play now when the engine starts moving around when driving?

accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6807 on: April 19, 2013, 08:08:56 AM »

Won't there be some play now when the engine starts moving around when driving?

I think it should be ok, its 1 bolt out of 4 and all 4 are cranked down tight.

-Ryan

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: April 19, 2013, 08:46:52 AM »

Got new d2s connectors and installed them

DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

Reputation Power: 5
DreaminAccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #6809 on: April 19, 2013, 02:03:51 PM »

^^ nice. What ballasts did you go with?

Ben

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi - 1st Honda!
Graphite Gray / Black Leather

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012