Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 08:59:36 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881525 times)
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

Reputation Power: 5
DreaminAccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #6675 on: April 03, 2013, 11:06:19 PM »

You could probably find someone selling their stock 235/45 for a half decent price...? Would you consider going with a higher sidewall if it meant keeping those wheels?

Ben

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi - 1st Honda!
Graphite Gray / Black Leather

alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #6676 on: April 03, 2013, 11:37:36 PM »

The roads are like that up here too. Every time they patch a hole, it snows, and the plows pull the patch work out, and it's worse than before..
At least they try..  CA doesn't have enough money to patch holes, let alone repave roads..

- Mark
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #6677 on: April 04, 2013, 08:05:05 AM »

You could probably find someone selling their stock 235/45 for a half decent price...? Would you consider going with a higher sidewall if it meant keeping those wheels?
I'd rather not go to "stock" wheels tbh. Way too common and I'd be paying a decent chunk of change for a set. As for upping my sidewall height, that'll throw off my speedo. I don't know dude. These tires I've only had for roughly 15k miles and if wifey were to hear that I'm wanting to downsize and spend coin on new shoes this soon, she'd wig.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
olecram39

Reputation Power: 3
olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6678 on: April 04, 2013, 10:00:43 AM »

so what are you thinking Z? going down to 17s? Will it even make a difference if you do that?
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6679 on: April 04, 2013, 10:03:35 AM »

I actually just meant buy a set of 235/45 tires and keep your wheels haha

You could always purchase my 17's w/ brand new Michelin all-seasons Wink Selling the wheels you have now, you'll prolly get more for 'em and then will end up paying nothing for the 17's - might even make profit - wifey would like that!  Cool

Ben

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #6680 on: April 04, 2013, 10:11:07 AM »

so what are you thinking Z? going down to 17s? Will it even make a difference if you do that?

It'll definitely make a difference. I'll end up with the taller sidewall which means less chance of bending a wheel.
I actually just meant buy a set of 235/45 tires and keep your wheels haha

You could always purchase my 17's w/ brand new Michelin all-seasons Wink Selling the wheels you have now, you'll prolly get more for 'em and then will end up paying nothing for the 17's - might even make profit - wifey would like that!  Cool
I appreciate the offer but that would mean stock wheels.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6681 on: April 04, 2013, 10:13:44 AM »

could always use 'em in the mean time then sell 'em when something better comes along? Tires alone are $700 and still 9/32

I have 3 sets of wheels right now - tryin' to get rid of the fuckers LOL

Ben

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #6682 on: April 04, 2013, 11:32:39 AM »

I've got two sets. One is a set of steelies. I'd like to stick with the two for the time being. Honestly though, I think its my frustration at this point because I had to have hit something HARD to bend this wheel. I'm pretty sure where and when it happened too.

I can't part ways with them tbh. I love them but they do have their headaches.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6683 on: April 04, 2013, 11:55:39 AM »

Just gotta be careful driving. CT roads suck for sure.

I have 3 sets of wheels and I'm looking at getting another. I should sell the Buddy Clubs. There has been "some" interest, but no serious buyers yet.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6684 on: April 04, 2013, 01:34:32 PM »

@Ben- Nice calipers.  I may do that one day, but I honestly don't care.  LOL.

@Z- Man, sorry to hear about another bent wheel.  Those wheels horrors: I has them too.

I'd rather not go to "stock" wheels tbh. Way too common and I'd be paying a decent chunk of change for a set. As for upping my sidewall height, that'll throw off my speedo. I don't know dude. These tires I've only had for roughly 15k miles and if wifey were to hear that I'm wanting to downsize and spend coin on new shoes this soon, she'd wig.
This.  After using my current "OEM" wheels for 30K+, I need to replace the tires due to massive camber wear (cause by improperly installed camber kit by me during n00b phase  Grin).  Once I told the wifey about "needing" new tires, well, it wasn't pretty.  Plus she's not a fan of modding and all its associated "problems", driving a lowered car, etc.

So, with that (and to stay on topic), she's "asked" to stop modding the Accord and it's going to stock.  Cry... That's what I've been doing recently.

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
olecram39

Reputation Power: 3
olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6685 on: April 04, 2013, 02:59:41 PM »

It'll definitely make a difference. I'll end up with the taller sidewall which means less chance of bending a wheel.

The reason i say this is because if you go from 18s to 17s thats an inch less which translated to tires means only 1/2 in increase on the sidewall. Wouldnt you bend the 17s too if the roads are that bad? Does my logic make sense?

This.  After using my current "OEM" wheels for 30K+, I need to replace the tires due to massive camber wear (cause by improperly installed camber kit by me during n00b phase  Grin).  Once I told the wifey about "needing" new tires, well, it wasn't pretty.  Plus she's not a fan of modding and all its associated "problems", driving a lowered car, etc.

So, with that (and to stay on topic), she's "asked" to stop modding the Accord and it's going to stock.  Cry... That's what I've been doing recently.

Whats with women and not wanting us to do stuff to our cars? My girl is always bitching at me too when i buy something new for the car or when i tell her we cant go out on the weekend because im going to be working on the car. You are married though you HAVE to listen to her :/ it sucks though. Are you going to be selling your mods?
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6686 on: April 04, 2013, 03:33:32 PM »

I'm trying to convince my husband to do stuff to his car and he doesn't want to!!! I'm living in bizarro opposite land! Ugh!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #6687 on: April 04, 2013, 03:39:43 PM »

The reason i say this is because if you go from 18s to 17s thats an inch less which translated to tires means only 1/2 in increase on the sidewall. Wouldnt you bend the 17s too if the roads are that bad? Does my logic make sense?
The logic is sound but as I said after that post you quoted, its probably the frustration of finding another bent wheel that was nice and straight two weeks ago and I won't get rid of these wheels. I got a helluva deal on them and certainly not going to give them up very easily regardless of what the wifey says to me.

HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6688 on: April 04, 2013, 04:34:55 PM »

Are you going to be selling your mods?
Possibly.  I'm still in denial mode.   Cheesy  Maybe I'll just store and hoard parts for a year or so, then install later.    Just gotta convince the boss... Errr, I mean, the wife.

@Z- Keep them wheels mang.  I rarely see a set of those locally, and when I do, they're expensive, even when used.  Is there a wheel shop that can straighten the wheel?  We have one locally that does it for $160 or so...

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #6689 on: April 04, 2013, 05:23:16 PM »

I hope it isn't that price because I can get a new one for $20 more. I tried contacting some shops nearby for the last wheel but nobody returns a fucking call. Must not want my business.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012