Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 06:25:19 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881703 times)
fatbastard

Reputation Power: 7
fatbastard pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #6510 on: March 17, 2013, 07:42:52 PM »

^and prolly smiling too

-- Charles --

2005 Honda Accord 2.4L sedan
2011 Subaru STi sedan
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6511 on: March 17, 2013, 09:36:50 PM »

This!  I got blind sided and they charged me over $500 to change the front and rear sway bars... (I stripped out the end of the rear links).

$500?!?! How do they sleep at night?

Yeah,  I was speachless.

Funny thing is, that shop closed and now the guy that charged me works under me at Advance. Wink

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
fatbastard

Reputation Power: 7
fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6512 on: March 17, 2013, 10:16:55 PM »

^sweeeeeet!!!

BOT, waiting impatiently for the Sparco seat tab adapters to arrive. sick and tired of sitting on a pillow on my bucket seat.

-- Charles --

2005 Honda Accord 2.4L sedan
2011 Subaru STi sedan
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #6513 on: March 17, 2013, 11:02:53 PM »

I charged $100 on the side. I don't ever want to do those again. Such a PITA to do.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6514 on: March 17, 2013, 11:19:51 PM »

Over the weekend I bled the brakes (and finally got the air out I think), and washed the car for the first time in awhile. I forgot what it was like to have a clean car. The downside of that was that I keep finding more and more paint chips. Maybe that's why I haven't washed it in so long.  Lips Sealed I also installed some Bosch Icon wiperblades. Hopefully they work well.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6515 on: March 17, 2013, 11:26:40 PM »

Removed my front sub frame.  Then I stripped everything off of it.  I test fit my Accord Hybrid EPS rack and everything is good to go.  Going to bring the sub frame to my welder to get a better mount for my battery tray.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6516 on: March 17, 2013, 11:35:06 PM »

Rear drum to disc conversion, progress day 4...

Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6517 on: March 17, 2013, 11:49:22 PM »

Removed my front sub frame.  Then I stripped everything off of it.  I test fit my Accord Hybrid EPS rack and everything is good to go.  Going to bring the sub frame to my welder to get a better mount for my battery tray.
Weren't you having some major clearance issues with that EPS? Or was that something else?

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6518 on: March 18, 2013, 10:20:27 AM »

Weren't you having some major clearance issues with that EPS? Or was that something else?

There weren't major clearance issues, but the sub frame didn't clear the EPS motor.  When I had the sub frame out the last time, I put it in a press and dimpled the sub frame in the area that needed clearance.  There is plenty of clearance now.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #6519 on: March 18, 2013, 10:31:39 AM »

You had clearance issues with your oil pan too, right Tim?

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

Reputation Power: 5
DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6520 on: March 18, 2013, 11:29:18 AM »

Tim I can't wait to see this all finished! You think by the time we all meet at your place this summer it'll be wrapped up? Smiley

BOT: I didn't/couldn't do anything to her today but miss her  Cry We took the larger car down here to Myrtle so she's sitting at home tucked away in the garage

Ben

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi - 1st Honda!
Graphite Gray / Black Leather

Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6521 on: March 18, 2013, 11:48:57 AM »

On Saturday I went to Genevieve's aunt and uncle's house for St. Patrick's party...they live on a dirt road and it snowed the day before.  Needless to say, my car looks like it just finished a stage of the World Rally Championship.  I want to wash it but it'll be snowing today and tomorrow.  First nice day (sunny and a few degrees above freezing) I have to work. 

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6522 on: March 18, 2013, 11:52:39 AM »

You had clearance issues with your oil pan too, right Tim?

Yes, there were clearance issues with my Moroso oil pan.  I opted to go with an OEM steel oil pan to get my motor running.  Currently, Canton Racing is doing a limited production run for an oil pan to be used with a S2000 oil pump that will fit in a K native chassis (EP3, DC5, CL7/9, CM5/7).  I've already put down a deposit for one of these pans.  The Moroso pan is only meant to be used with a K20A2 oil pump, and it didn't fit very well aside from the sub frame clearance issues.

Tim I can't wait to see this all finished! You think by the time we all meet at your place this summer it'll be wrapped up? Smiley

BOT: I didn't/couldn't do anything to her today but miss her  Cry We took the larger car down here to Myrtle so she's sitting at home tucked away in the garage

My goal is to have the EPS working in a few weeks.  I still need the correct wire harness for it though because I was sent the wrong one.  The TVS adapter will be fabricated when I go on vacation in April.  Once that is done, I will be getting a re-tune.  Hopefully everything will be up and running by the end of April or beginning of May.

Tim
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6523 on: March 19, 2013, 08:21:59 PM »

Bought the 2013 nav update.
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6524 on: March 20, 2013, 12:35:56 AM »

Tried to install a mini android USB PC for a video player setup but the HDMI to rca wasn't giving me audio out signal .Also reinstall my trunks cargo net

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012