Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 01:51:41 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881593 times)
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #6345 on: March 02, 2013, 12:25:12 AM »

Did the hyper single flash fix

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6346 on: March 02, 2013, 06:21:15 AM »

Discovered a mutalated lower ball joint. Any tips and tricks to changing it.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #6347 on: March 02, 2013, 09:37:40 AM »

car battery died once more after 4 days of not driving it! WTF man

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6348 on: March 02, 2013, 12:18:57 PM »

somethings drawing power
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: March 02, 2013, 12:22:56 PM »

Finished putting my car back together. What a fucking nerve racking experience. On the plus side, suspension is tighter in front.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #6350 on: March 02, 2013, 01:33:53 PM »

somethings drawing power

I agree. Or alternator is dying and not fully charging the battery to begin with? charging it right now and the battery is at 0

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6351 on: March 02, 2013, 03:13:44 PM »

No, there is a current draw somewhere Ken.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #6352 on: March 02, 2013, 04:08:16 PM »

Just finished getting an alignment. Also forgot to mention earlier that I changed my front pads to something less dusty.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #6353 on: March 02, 2013, 04:24:06 PM »

No, there is a current draw somewhere Ken.

Okay. So how do I test this out? Any tips would be nice.

Edit*

something like this video?
Testing For Current Drain That Runs Down Car Battery
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 04:26:32 PM by thisaznboi88 » Logged

Moessteezy

Names Moe

Reputation Power: 2
Moessteezy pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #6354 on: March 02, 2013, 05:24:49 PM »

Took it for a drive through GMR (Glendora mountain road) last night to test out the new suspension. Was fun! I have to take this drive at least twice a month.
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #6355 on: March 02, 2013, 05:38:38 PM »

I had to replace one on the 6th last summer, they're just about the same as ours. I pulled the following:
remove axle nut
remove tie rod end
remove upper and lower ball joints
Remove hub assembly

From here you'll need another set of hands to support it while you apply some brute force with a hammer. Once lower ball joint starts coming out, you can use a ball joint puller with an air gun to pull the rest of the way out. The socket for the axle nut actually fits well when you hammer in the replacement, just don't hit the cap area in the center. I believe it took about 2 hrs.

Today I changed the oil in the 6th gen and replace the output shaft speed sensor. Transmission still not shifting correctly. On my car, I rotated the tires and inspected my suspension. Both upper ball joints are on there way out, DS lower ball joint on it's way out, both compliance bushings are cracked/broken and a rubber mount that IDK. It's located between the frame and the lower control arm mount. The rubber is split right in half. Wish I had taken a picture. So now I'm thinking about buying new upper and lower control arms with bushings, whatever mount that is, maybe I'll just get a new car.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 05:45:24 PM by Rich01 » Logged

Rich
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #6356 on: March 02, 2013, 05:55:45 PM »

I just discovered a hole the size of a dime in one of my fog light lenses. Going to make some new lenses out of polycarb tomorrow.

Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6357 on: March 02, 2013, 06:48:59 PM »

Changed my spark plugs today, then went to change the air filter and proceeded to snap one of the retaining screws in half. Now I'm going to head over to Lowe's after dinner in my mom's TL and hope that they even have the same size screw.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6358 on: March 02, 2013, 07:03:19 PM »

I had to replace one on the 6th last summer, they're just about the same as ours. I pulled the following:
remove axle nut
remove tie rod end
remove upper and lower ball joints
Remove hub assembly

From here you'll need another set of hands to support it while you apply some brute force with a hammer. Once lower ball joint starts coming out, you can use a ball joint puller with an air gun to pull the rest of the way out. The socket for the axle nut actually fits well when you hammer in the replacement, just don't hit the cap area in the center. I believe it took about 2 hrs.

Today I changed the oil in the 6th gen and replace the output shaft speed sensor. Transmission still not shifting correctly. On my car, I rotated the tires and inspected my suspension. Both upper ball joints are on there way out, DS lower ball joint on it's way out, both compliance bushings are cracked/broken and a rubber mount that IDK. It's located between the frame and the lower control arm mount. The rubber is split right in half. Wish I had taken a picture. So now I'm thinking about buying new upper and lower control arms with bushings, whatever mount that is, maybe I'll just get a new car.
Someone's going to do it for me... For free.
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #6359 on: March 02, 2013, 07:33:17 PM »

Damn you Mike LOL you'll miss all the fun.

Rich
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012