Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 01:03:07 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881580 times)
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

Reputation Power: 5
DreaminAccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #6330 on: February 28, 2013, 06:21:38 PM »

Installed my USA Spec BT-35 today. Just for future reference, it IS compatible with the BlitzSafe AUX adapter! Smiley USA Spec will try and sale you their PA15-HON2 for another $100+ - screw that. For radio's with XM, plug in the BT35 male into the back of the radio/navigation, then the male of the Blitz to the BT35 female, then the OEM harness male into the Blitz female. On the BT35, once all of the wiring is connected to the radio/navi, plug in the microphone and toggle DIP switch #3 to ON (only!) Turn on the unit and ensure everything works before reinstalling.

My BT mode is CDC-C2 and AUX 3.5mm cable is on CDC-C4. There has been some complaints regarding the BT35 sound quality, however, on my EX-L w/ Navi it is absolutely clear and sounds as if a CD was playing. I called Keith (aka povy) to test out talking on the BlueTooth and he said that it sounded as clear as any other time you were talking to someone on a factory BT system, so that's good. Seek >> is used to answer calls, << Seek is to reject calls. During music play, the steering wheel volume controls do still work, as well as, the Mode button. To change tracks on your iPhone/Droid/iPod, just use the radio's << Seek >> buttons. All-in-all, I got a great deal off of Amazon and am quite pleased to have BT again Cheesy

Stopped and got a new pair of OEM wipers too - I will definitely be returning the Bosch Icons tomorrow after work. They FUCKIN' SUCK (for our cars, anyhow). I had almost steered into the middle barrier due to the huge streak of water they left right in my field of vision because of lifting up off of the glass. Will never go with that type (Rain-X Latitude, Bosch Icon, etc.) again. They just aren't made for the Honda/Acura curvature. I'm sticking w/ OEM - they are perfectly hugging the windshield and wiping every single drop of water out of my vision.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 07:37:31 PM by DreaminAccord » Logged

Ben

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi - 1st Honda!
Graphite Gray / Black Leather

fatbastard

Reputation Power: 7
fatbastard pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #6331 on: February 28, 2013, 06:51:16 PM »

will be having the following instaled today: (HOOORAYYY for laziness and not lifting a finger)
goodridge brake lines
h&r front sway bar
sparco bucket seat

-- Charles --

2005 Honda Accord 2.4L sedan
2011 Subaru STi sedan
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6332 on: February 28, 2013, 07:59:26 PM »

Installed my USA Spec BT-35 today. Just for future reference, it IS compatible with the BlitzSafe AUX adapter! Smiley USA Spec will try and sale you their PA15-HON2 for another $100+ - screw that. For radio's with XM, plug in the BT35 male into the back of the radio/navigation, then the male of the Blitz to the BT35 female, then the OEM harness male into the Blitz female. On the BT35, once all of the wiring is connected to the radio/navi, plug in the microphone and toggle DIP switch #3 to ON (only!) Turn on the unit and ensure everything works before reinstalling.

My BT mode is CDC-C2 and AUX 3.5mm cable is on CDC-C4. There has been some complaints regarding the BT35 sound quality, however, on my EX-L w/ Navi it is absolutely clear and sounds as if a CD was playing. I called Keith (aka povy) to test out talking on the BlueTooth and he said that it sounded as clear as any other time you were talking to someone on a factory BT system, so that's good. Seek >> is used to answer calls, << Seek is to reject calls. During music play, the steering wheel volume controls do still work, as well as, the Mode button. To change tracks on your iPhone/Droid/iPod, just use the radio's << Seek >> buttons. All-in-all, I got a great deal off of Amazon and am quite pleased to have BT again Cheesy

Stopped and got a new pair of OEM wipers too - I will definitely be returning the Bosch Icons tomorrow after work. They FUCKIN' SUCK (for our cars, anyhow). I had almost steered into the middle barrier due to the huge streak of water they left right in my field of vision because of lifting up off of the glass. Will never go with that type (Rain-X Latitude, Bosch Icon, etc.) again. They just aren't made for the Honda/Acura curvature. I'm sticking w/ OEM - they are perfectly hugging the windshield and wiping every single drop of water out of my vision.

Hmmm... I just bought a pair of Icons, because a lot of people on this forum like them. Did you prep your windshield before installing them? I read somewhere that you should wipe it down using alcohol to remove all the shig that's on it. You could even claybar it. I hope that I don't end up with the same experience as you.

Do you get any ground loop noises with your Blitzsafe adapter? I still need to fix the ground loop in my adapter. I have a Soundgate adapter.

accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6333 on: February 28, 2013, 08:05:03 PM »

Did you remove that plastic clip on the wiper arm? That may be whats causin the streak...

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6334 on: February 28, 2013, 08:19:32 PM »

You need an HFP Lip Kit, Ryan.

Yeah I do... but if I do the lip then I need a new front bumper too (its all scratched up).  So I'm just sayin fuck it.  Maybe ill get a lip kit on my next car. Wink
Ahh stop being a girl and get another bumper on eBay or something painted your color, lol.

Got an oil change today. Trying out 10w-30, let's see how it goes.
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

Reputation Power: 5
DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6335 on: February 28, 2013, 08:23:11 PM »

@ Jeff: lol my car is "prepped" almost every day Wink but to answer your question, no I didn't wipe it down with isopropyl or claybar it but that isn't the issue. I had read beforehand that the design of these types of wipers (Latitude, Icons, etc.) just do not work with with Honda/Acura windshields. They claim to have a "wing" to catch the wind and push the blade firmly against the window, however, on my coupe it seemed to react just the opposite and LIFTED the thing up. I'm also talking on every swipe - not just once or twice. There was a huge smudge, streak, whatever you want to call it - directly in my field of vision. Very dangerous. Ask Z about his experience - it was about the same as mine.

Also, my BlitzSafe doesn't have any ground loop interference - it comes in perfectly clear...so not sure if it's just a flaw in the brand of your adapter, or if you just got a bad one?

@ Ryan: What plastic clip, Ry? I installed them exactly how they're supposed to be installed. Again, it's a design flaw that causes them to lift up and off of our window. The passenger side didn't seem as bad and only would slightly streak every so often (b/c it's an 18" blade) but IMHO the 26" blade is way too long for only having 1 pressure point (where the arm connects) and the rest of the blade be like an 80 yr old limp dick. lmao I'll stick with OEM - these POS are going back tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:25:07 PM by DreaminAccord » Logged

Ben

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi - 1st Honda!
Graphite Gray / Black Leather

accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6336 on: February 28, 2013, 08:37:55 PM »

On some there is a plastic clip coming off the drivers side arm thats held on by a screw and it can cause the blades to not sit right.

Its on the bottom side of the arm and the icons dont line up with it.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6337 on: March 01, 2013, 12:28:34 AM »

Yeah, something must not be right. I think at least Tim and Mike have owned them with no troubles. Plus they're admins/mods, so you can't argue with that.  Beware of Admin! Beware of Mods!

If worst comes to worst, I'll just return them over spring break. I've been running an OEM set of wiper blades, and they did not last very long at all. They streak and leave water behind them, and they just recently started to chatter against the windshield.

striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6338 on: March 01, 2013, 01:20:36 AM »

Today, I installed the new EX e-brake cables on my car, and also swapped the ABS sensors out of my LX drums and installed them into the EX hubs.  I seem to be having a problem though - I believe the ABS sensors are the same part number between the LX and the EX, but after swapping, the sensors on both hubs seem to be touching the grooves in the hub ever so slightly as it spins.  This wasn't happening before.  I'm at a loss.

fatbastard

Reputation Power: 7
fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6339 on: March 01, 2013, 09:25:45 AM »

installed sparco speed2 seat with wedge engineering seat base and sparco sliders, seat is too low!!! how do i go about this? right now im using a friend's recaro cushion to increase a bit of height.  Embarrassed

-- Charles --

2005 Honda Accord 2.4L sedan
2011 Subaru STi sedan
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #6340 on: March 01, 2013, 07:05:59 PM »

Yeah, something must not be right. I think at least Tim and Mike have owned them with no troubles. Plus they're admins/mods, so you can't argue with that.  Beware of Admin! Beware of Mods!

If worst comes to worst, I'll just return them over spring break. I've been running an OEM set of wiper blades, and they did not last very long at all. They streak and leave water behind them, and they just recently started to chatter against the windshield.

Hmmm, I wonder if this an outsourcing issue similar to the red top batteries. I just had this discussion with Milan last month because he had a bad experience also and my previous Icons lasted over 3yrs.

Today  I turned off my radio, hadnt done that for about a year, and now im hearing all kinds of little noise. I have to check out my suspension this weekend. I've been thinking about replacing all or most of the bushings and or arms.

Rich
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #6341 on: March 01, 2013, 08:41:33 PM »

Hmmm, where do I begin? Well, I started taking apart my front suspension so that I could replace my compliance bushings. Had to cut off my end links. Replaced the end links and the bushings but managed to snap two studs on my passenger front. Haven't replaced those yet as I ran out of time at the garage so my car is now sleeping without its front wheels in said garage. 8 hours of my life to have plenty of things go wrong. There's more to this story but I'm too pissed off to go over it.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6342 on: March 01, 2013, 09:38:45 PM »

Z, let me know if you want to know a trick to get the new studs back in easily.

I pulled my car in the garage and removed the front ds wheel so I could see why my ps rack was puking fluid all over the ground.  I hit the hard lines with penetrating spray so they will hopefully come off easily tomorrow.  Gonna order the new line tomorrow when I have the time.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #6343 on: March 01, 2013, 09:41:31 PM »

Whatever trick you have that doesn't require pulling the hub off would be fantastic. Btw, I still have that 50 ton press at my disposal if you don't have a trick for not having to remove the hub. Shoot me a text.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6344 on: March 01, 2013, 09:42:07 PM »

Z, let me know if you want to know a trick to get the new studs back in easily.

I pulled my car in the garage and removed the front ds wheel so I could see why my ps rack was puking fluid all over the ground.  I hit the hard lines with penetrating spray so they will hopefully come off easily tomorrow.  Gonna order the new line tomorrow when I have the time.

I replaced one of mine a year or two ago.  Ended up havin to grind the base flat on one side to get it in with out fuckin up the threads.  So I cut the edge, slid it in and then used a couple washers a lugnut and an air gun to pull it thru.

-Ryan

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012