Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 11:43:41 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881824 times)
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #6285 on: February 25, 2013, 10:01:47 PM »

Ouch... lol

Idk I just miss havin a loud car sometimes... the borla has a sexy sound, I just wish it was a bit louder... but I dont wanna do anything that would permanently fucks with the tone.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

Reputation Power: 5
DreaminAccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #6286 on: February 25, 2013, 10:13:33 PM »

Hey, if Ryan doesn't want to be like the cat woman off of Hoarders with 50+ cats...I say let 'im! ...Ooooh, we're talking about exhausts? my bad Wink

Ben

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi - 1st Honda!
Graphite Gray / Black Leather

accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6287 on: February 25, 2013, 10:15:01 PM »

Lol

First I was like... Da fuq?

But then I was like... Oh! Haha

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6288 on: February 25, 2013, 11:38:19 PM »

So I may get flamed and called a ricer for this but... here it goes.

Anyone ever consider tryin to fab up a split with an electric dump in place of the 3rd cat?  The idea just came to me today and I wondered if it could be done...

I have one on my K24.  Haven't had a chance to dyno it yet though.  My dump leaks, so I'm going to replace it with something better.  I'll be able to dyno test it with it open and closed when I tune my car this spring with the TVS and water meth injection.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fatbastard

Reputation Power: 7
fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: February 25, 2013, 11:46:48 PM »

wondering if i should swap out the motor internals for some 11.5:1 pistons. anyone has any opinions as to gains?

im leaving the slushbox alone.

-- Charles --

2005 Honda Accord 2.4L sedan
2011 Subaru STi sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6290 on: February 25, 2013, 11:56:39 PM »

You could, but you're probably not going to gain a lot by bumping compression.  At the same time, I'm not sure what kind of gas you get over there, but that also makes a difference with high compression.  You may end up doing more damage that way. 

What have you done to the car so far?  What are you using (planning on using) for tuning?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fatbastard

fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: February 26, 2013, 12:01:33 AM »

max we have off the pump is 100RON, much like your 93pump gas on your end.

will be using K-Pro and the K-tuned dual harness setup.

so far i have I/H/E, tsx IM, and the junk2 cams.

hoping to squeeze out 8-15hp more out of it if possible...

-- Charles --

2011 Subaru STi sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6292 on: February 26, 2013, 12:17:21 AM »

If it were me, I'd get a complete K20A2 head and swap that if you're planning on bumping compression.  Raising compression isn't going to do much if your head is the bottleneck.  If you're going to swap internals on the block, you're going to have to pull the head anyway.  I'd sell those cams, get a K20A2 head, use K20A/K20Z1 cams or an 06 TSX intake cam, and use 09 TSX pistons.  They're all OEM parts so you get the reliability.  Those Skunk2 cams are going to end up destroying your tensioner and eventually your motor.  Now that I mention it, you should probably replace your tensioner with a newer OEM unit.  They recently improved the design a little bit.

Tim
fatbastard

fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6293 on: February 26, 2013, 12:23:24 AM »

^forgot to tell ya im using the hybrid racing tensioner.

if and when i tear down the motor, i'll also swap in a K24a1 head. will prolly transfer the valvesprings and retainers to the new head.

-- Charles --

2011 Subaru STi sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6294 on: February 26, 2013, 12:29:55 AM »

The K24A1 head is a good choice, but is there any reason why you'd go with that over a K20A2 head?  I'd only go with a K24A1 head if I was doing a VTEC killer drag set up.

Tim
fatbastard

fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: February 26, 2013, 12:37:05 AM »

that's because it's near impossible that i find a k20a2 cylinder head for sale around here. finding a whole motor is difficult enough. crv's are a dime a dozen, and i read that these heads flow decent numbers compard to the A4 head..  Cheesy

-- Charles --

2011 Subaru STi sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6296 on: February 26, 2013, 12:43:41 AM »

Yes.  The K24A1 head flows very well.  You can still find the K20A2 head.  Try finding some idiot schmuck on clubrsx that's selling one for cheap as hell.  If you need help getting it shipped, I'll help you out.  Have them ship it to me and I'll ship it to you.

Tim
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

Reputation Power: 5
DreaminAccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: February 26, 2013, 01:04:39 AM »

happy bday tim  Drinks

Ben

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi - 1st Honda!
Graphite Gray / Black Leather

Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6298 on: February 26, 2013, 01:50:18 AM »

Ben, that rear view camera mod is looking sweet. I was recently driving around my step uncle's BMW X6 while I was in NY/NJ and I fell in love with the rearview camera. Definitely a to-do list mod for my Accord lol.
fatbastard

fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6299 on: February 26, 2013, 03:06:04 AM »

Yes.  The K24A1 head flows very well.  You can still find the K20A2 head.  Try finding some idiot schmuck on clubrsx that's selling one for cheap as hell.  If you need help getting it shipped, I'll help you out.  Have them ship it to me and I'll ship it to you.

great thanks Tim! I'll scout around for one.

and happy birthday!!  Wink

-- Charles --

2011 Subaru STi sedan
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012