Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 08:12:51 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881518 times)
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6165 on: February 16, 2013, 09:58:22 AM »

Rear drum to disc swap, day one.......

Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6166 on: February 16, 2013, 10:28:01 AM »

....and I bought it lol
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #6167 on: February 16, 2013, 03:45:56 PM »

Smash Vtec to Columbus, OH to pick up my RevBox ecu and some ling ling pot stickers from Costco.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6168 on: February 16, 2013, 04:23:32 PM »

Filled the gas tank, car wash and took most of my decals off...and put one on. I think Denny decal frenzy is dying down lol. I also cleaned the floor mats.
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6169 on: February 16, 2013, 10:50:23 PM »

Started doing the rear drum to disc swap, but have hit a few snags on the first side.  Issue one is that I can't get the end link nut off of the end link.  I'm battling with the wrench and Allen wrench, but the nut is rusted to shit and seized pretty good.  Might have to cut off the end links somehow and buy new ones.  Second issue is that I can't get the ball joint out of the upper arm.  I know the how-to says use a pry bar and hammer to bang it out, but no luck.  My car is stubborn, as usual.  I know I texted Mike and Tim already, but any other ideas?  Moving to side two to see if I have better luck there.........

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #6170 on: February 16, 2013, 11:02:51 PM »

The flat that rests against the sway bar of the end link, put a vise grip on it then use the appropriate sized box end wrench to take off the nut. If you need more leverage, stack another wrench at the end off the wrench not on the nut. As for the ball joint, tap the knuckle where the ball joint rests to knock it loose. Don't hit the actual ball joint.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 12:16:38 PM by CrackerTeg » Logged

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6171 on: February 16, 2013, 11:45:25 PM »

Just remove the bracket that the end link is attached to Remove that nut that is located under my text "17mm nut on the knuckle"

Ben

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi - 1st Honda!
Graphite Gray / Black Leather

Moessteezy

Names Moe

Reputation Power: 2
Moessteezy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6172 on: February 17, 2013, 12:47:15 AM »

Started putting my superup kit today. Only could finish the front before it got dark. Took us forever to get the driver side on, passenger side was a breeze. Will put the rears on tomorrow morning.

Fuck those spring compressors.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6173 on: February 17, 2013, 12:53:53 AM »

Smash Vtec to Columbus, OH to pick up my RevBox ecu and some ling ling pot stickers from Costco.
Ken, you dick.  You should have told me you were going to be somewhat close.  I woulda drove out to Columbus.  I know exactly where that Costco is.  Right on Gemini Parkway off of 71.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6174 on: February 17, 2013, 09:55:59 AM »

Drum to disc swap, day 2.  I'm sore as hell.  Z and Ben, thanks for the tips, I'll try them both.  The problem is, regardless of what spot I disconnect the end links from, they might be so shot at this point that I may need to cut them anyway and get something new.  Soaked everything in PB Blaster overnight.  I'll keep inquiring minds posted.....

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #6175 on: February 17, 2013, 10:05:57 AM »

Standing by.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6176 on: February 17, 2013, 12:05:16 PM »

Fuck it. Order some new ones and cut that bitch off

Ben

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #6177 on: February 17, 2013, 12:17:10 PM »

Funny, they say the same thing about mail order brides.

DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6178 on: February 17, 2013, 02:27:38 PM »

laugh

Ben

thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #6179 on: February 17, 2013, 07:34:48 PM »

Ken, you dick.  You should have told me you were going to be somewhat close.  I woulda drove out to Columbus.  I know exactly where that Costco is.  Right on Gemini Parkway off of 71.

It was a flash drive Tim. Spend 3 hours to drive up. 30 mins to get the RevBox installed and datalog. 30 mins at Costco and 2.5 hr drive back. IF your free in Mar I could come down and say hit during my spring break.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012