Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:20:16 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881423 times)
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5700 on: November 04, 2012, 06:14:28 PM »

Lol i'm a stupid perfectionist about some things...I think it's a curse!
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5701 on: November 04, 2012, 10:20:30 PM »

Hunted down a tensioner and serpentine belt... Now I just have to find time to put them in.
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: November 04, 2012, 10:41:18 PM »

All the write ups I found about the tensioner said you have to unbolt the PS mount and jack up the engine but I didn't have to.  All you have to do is crack the bolt and unthread it all the way.  Then rotate the tensioner, slide out the bolt and your homefree.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: November 05, 2012, 05:55:44 AM »

Tightened down my passenger side front shock nut , always seems to jiggle lose after few months

accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: November 05, 2012, 01:40:50 PM »

Installed my grillcraft fog vents, now she's up on jackstands waiting for my coils to arrive.

In other news, got a letter from Honda today about the PS hose recall, so thats cool I guess. Lol

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5705 on: November 05, 2012, 03:36:10 PM »

Installed my grillcraft fog vents, now she's up on jackstands waiting for my coils to arrive.

In other news, got a letter from Honda today about the PS hose recall, so thats cool I guess. Lol
I'd love to get that letter today...
Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: November 05, 2012, 08:24:15 PM »

Winter tires put on today.  Flying Accord shot...

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5707 on: November 05, 2012, 08:35:14 PM »

Ordered some finer grit attachments for my Dremel and also some more detailer spray.

Nice pic Milan... Smiley looks cool hovering.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: November 05, 2012, 09:43:20 PM »

@Milan- looks like mine right now.

Kinda pissed that UPS fucked me over and the coils that they said were on time all day have now been pushed back to tomorrow... so she sits on jackstands in the driveway over night.  If anybody steals it I won't even be mad... just impressed.  The car has no wheels or suspension. Hahaha

-Ryan

DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: November 05, 2012, 09:53:37 PM »

^^ Nice way to prepare though! Have everything off the car and ready to go so the second they do arrive, BOOM! Coilover install *raises hands up and down* whoo! whoo! haha I would love to do that for when my coilovers arrive any day now, but she's my DD and I need her 6 days a week...

So tell me, what's the trick to getting these Accord coupes on 4x stands? I have a heavy duty floor jack, and raised the rear up by the tow hook as far as the jack would go (it was literally almost straight up and down) but the two rear jacking points were still not high enough to slide the stands under...  :Smiley They aren't huge/tall jack stands, look about the same size as milan's in that pic.

Ben

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi - 1st Honda!
Graphite Gray / Black Leather

accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: November 05, 2012, 10:11:44 PM »

Only reason was because I have today and tomorrow off.

But needless to say, GF is takin me to get Halo tonight. Lol

-Ryan

Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: November 05, 2012, 10:41:24 PM »

So tell me, what's the trick to getting these Accord coupes on 4x stands? I have a heavy duty floor jack, and raised the rear up by the tow hook as far as the jack would go (it was literally almost straight up and down) but the two rear jacking points were still not high enough to slide the stands under...  :Smiley They aren't huge/tall jack stands, look about the same size as milan's in that pic.

I have a pretty long jack from Costco.  It weighs (literally) 100lbs, but it is low profile.  When I was at Timmy's doing the RL calipers, I could not jack the rear high enough with his Harbor Freight aluminum jack to put jack stands under. 

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: November 05, 2012, 10:43:48 PM »

Quote from: accordguy04
But needless to say, BF is takin me to get Halo tonight. lol
Yea well, Ry, just don't make your username THIEN and you should be alright  Cool

Quote from: Milan
I have a pretty long jack from Costco. It weights (literally) 100lbs, but it is low profile

Sounds like my jack...mine is heavy duty (full metal, not aluminum) - I'll get you a pic of it

Ben

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi - 1st Honda!
Graphite Gray / Black Leather

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5713 on: November 05, 2012, 11:07:46 PM »

My car has been on jack stands since May.  You guys are doing it wrong by trying to jack it up by the tow hook.  I use the rear sub frame when I raise the rear end.  Speaking of this, I just put some wheels on the back and dropped it down.  I also pressed new bushings in the lower control arms, pressed new wheel bearings in the front knuckles, and got the front end back together.  Now all I need is my lugs to come in so I can get some wheels on the front and get it on wheel dollies so I can move my car over to the middle of the garage.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: November 06, 2012, 07:08:38 PM »

Took six hours and doing the last one in the dark... but my car goats coilz!  Yaaaay!

-Ryan

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012