Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 04:08:55 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881641 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5595 on: October 12, 2012, 10:58:44 PM »

It won't be the fastest K, nor will it be a big power K.  My buddy just got his RSX tuned and he made 741 hp / 487 tq with a built K20 and stock cams.  It's the #7 highest powered turbo K series car listed on k20a.org.  Another guy that went to the same tuner made 450 hp / 300 tq with a Whipple W100 on a stock K20.  Let's see what my little build will make for power.  I'm going to be trailering my car out to PA to get tuned on November 17th.  Here's what I still need to do:

pull the motor
set valve valve lash
replace the flywheel
put on the engine harness
replace engine mounts
drop motor back in
mount the battery box to the sub frame
replace my fuel pump
add a -8 fuel line from the pump to my fuel rail
fabricate a 3.5" intake
run all my aftercooler lines
modify my TB cable bracket for a RSX TB cable
clean and paint my front knuckles, lca's and lower shock forks
press in new wheel studs
press in new wheel bearings
press in new bushings
get tires mounted on my wheels
wire up my water methanol control module to kpro
do all the other little shit when putting in a motor
drain my fuel tank
add fluids

Then I can check for oil pressure, start it up and bleed the coolant.  After that, I can pull it on a trailer to bring to the tuner.  I've got a long fucking way to go right now though.  I just ordered a bunch of parts too, but I still need a lot more shit.

I'm probably going to end up going to the tuner with no front end or headlights on my car.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #5596 on: October 12, 2012, 11:34:59 PM »

Eh fuck it, itll be on a trailer. Lol

And I know it wont be the fastest or highest power, just a hell of a lot more than Ive ever seen around here (here being my area, not ECM).  Just giving respect where it is def deserved.

And where are ya takin it to get tuned in PA?

Edit:
And I could make up a list of my own and prolly top yours, but itd all be bullshit and stuff thatll never happen, like buying Thien's CT kit, but it'd all be lies and never happen.  And it def wouldnt have a deadline of Nov 17th... Haha

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: October 13, 2012, 01:34:20 PM »

Took some time removed my JL cleansweep swapped it for a audio control Lc7i and I couldn't be happier with the results. Also order a few more parts I need to replace ,

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5598 on: October 14, 2012, 12:25:29 AM »

And I know it wont be the fastest or highest power, just a hell of a lot more than Ive ever seen around here (here being my area, not ECM).  Just giving respect where it is def deserved.

And where are ya takin it to get tuned in PA?

Edit:
And I could make up a list of my own and prolly top yours, but itd all be bullshit and stuff thatll never happen, like buying Thien's CT kit, but it'd all be lies and never happen.  And it def wouldnt have a deadline of Nov 17th... Haha

There are big power cars around.  You may not know about them.  I'm getting my car tuned at Innovative Motor Works in Carlisle, PA.  They're the most professional shop I've ever been in so far.  They've built and tuned some serious cars.

Also, we're talking about realistic lists.  My list is of shit that I have the parts for and need to get done.  Mine is a work list, while yours is a wish list.  Grin

Back on the topic of what I did today though.  I pulled the motor back out and worked on prepping the wire harness to put on the motor.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5599 on: October 14, 2012, 05:49:20 PM »

So with the warm beautiful weather today I decided to finally replace my front engine mount. Took around 2 hours from taking my time with the help from my boy Elliot and Serge. We ended up taking off the lower radiator hose that connects right under the Intake Manifold and had to take out the fans to get the mount to come out. I would of taken a picture but my hands were covered in oil and antifreeze. Literally the top portion of the mount looked like a cookie jar topper on a cookie jar! Didn't relize how bad it was. But all I can say is now the ride is much smoother and the engine doesn't move when I shift into drive or accelerate! I refilled my radiator from the lose of anitfreeze and filled my reservoir tank to the max. I'm officailly done with all repairs to my car going into winter. Thank god!!!!

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5600 on: October 14, 2012, 06:40:39 PM »

^Nice Billy. I'm gotta change my passenger side Motor mount asap. It shakes so bad, at certain times my exhaust rubs against my rear sway bar. I'm gonna fix that when I come back from New York, giving me time to order one from Paul.
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: October 14, 2012, 06:46:41 PM »

Installed my new strut bar. Wish installing every part on cars was that easy.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: October 14, 2012, 06:52:30 PM »

Nice!  Which one did you get?

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: October 14, 2012, 08:55:21 PM »

Nice!  Which one did you get?

I bought another UR bar. I had a white one installed, and bought a second one to get powdercoated in red. Came out sweet.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: October 14, 2012, 10:23:57 PM »

My CEL light came on last night, I checked my gas cap, then drove around for a bit running some errands. By the time I was on my way to AutoZone the light turned off.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5605 on: October 15, 2012, 01:00:16 AM »

I replaced my engine mounts with the Innovative ones, pulled the tranny off, replaced my flywheel with a new k20a2 flywheel, then bolted my tranny back on.  Set the valve lash on the motor, pulled out the FPR and fuel lines.  Then I started working on cleaning up all of my additional wiring that I have in my engine bay, removed the cabin side of my engine harness and started removing my kpro harness.  I also got the engine harness back on the motor, but I may need to take it off again to modify it a little.

Tim
HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: October 15, 2012, 03:18:45 AM »

Adjusted the ride height. Adjusted the shock dampening settings. DIY alignment. Drives pretty straight, but not perfect. What can I truly expect with analog tools?!?!  Grin
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 03:20:50 AM by HEcreated487 » Logged

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: October 16, 2012, 07:17:11 PM »

Broke down and put on my roof rack. Cheesy

Also, did some surgery with a dremel amd removed the framework that holds the OEM grill.  So now theres no ugly block behind the Grillcraft!  Got too dark when I was done, so Ill upload some pics tomorrow.

-Ryan

Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5608 on: October 16, 2012, 07:24:41 PM »

Are you talking about that "T" shaped block behind the grill?

Had my new shocks put in finally! Cheesy
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: October 16, 2012, 07:30:41 PM »

Yup, you can just make it out in that pic.  It really shows im head on pics and ruins the look.  So now its just open with nothing behind it.

Im still tryin to find the Grillcraft fog light covers but no luck... I even emailed Grillcraft and they didnt even email me back... Which I think is kinda beat.

Edit:  Ahh, totes forgot that you have the Grillcraft too, so you know all about the T!  Lol  It was very easy to do, as long as you dont plan on putting the OEM grill on.  I dont even know if I still have mine anymore. Lol

-Ryan

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012