Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 05:04:11 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881685 times)
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #4785 on: April 24, 2012, 08:17:19 AM »

Sorry, I mistyped what I meant.  Why don't you rebuild them yourself?

I'm guessing his warranty maybe the same as mine (1 year) If that's the case he is probably doing the same as me. I have now gotten 3 new calipers from returning my seized ones as defective, nobody questions it once they see the core charge ($89 for the caliper.,.$209 core charge lol) Don't pay a cent and you get a rebuilt caliper. It's just a hassle doing a caliper swap every year.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4786 on: April 24, 2012, 09:03:22 AM »

My point is that they're probably doing a shitty job rebuilding them.  It may be easier to change the caliper in the short term.  If you have to do it once a year, it may be better to do the work and rebuild it yourself so you know it's being done right.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Rushzer0

Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: April 24, 2012, 09:33:41 AM »

Ohhhh I get you now. Don't mind me man. It's One of those weeks we are expanding the stores so it's hectic as fuck right now. My mind is jumbled :p when these calipers fail I'll try ordering a rebuild kit. May as well send them for a powdercoat to then since they will be apart.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4788 on: April 24, 2012, 09:55:50 AM »

I don't know that its a shitty job rebuilding as opposed to a shitty design all together. I looked it up last night and my store sold 47 calipers that fit the rear of the seventh gen last month. This includes right and left but, keep in mind this is sales not defects coming back. So it would seem that the rebuilds that we are selling are getting similar longevity to the ones that come on the car. I've only replace one that I bought rebuilt my frustration is how many we sell. I don't like doing shit more than once I would rather pay more if there was another cost effective long term solution. Legend, Nsx, Euro R I'm not sure what works. Just looking for a better solution. I'm actually surprised that there isn't a TSB or recall on them yet.
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4789 on: April 25, 2012, 12:17:30 AM »

Reading all this makes me more hesitant to do a drum-to-disc conversion.  Lips Sealed

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4790 on: April 25, 2012, 10:12:11 AM »

Hmmm.  TSX rear calipers are the same part number as an Accord EX.  I wonder if they have the same problems?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4791 on: April 25, 2012, 12:45:44 PM »

Reading all this makes me more hesitant to do a drum-to-disc conversion.  Lips Sealed

Still stops 5000 times better!
duck17

Reputation Power: 0
duck17 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: April 25, 2012, 06:29:10 PM »

Tried some new wheels on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: April 25, 2012, 06:40:36 PM »

almost hydro locked the motor. Pulled the spark plugs and fuel fuse. Then crank the engine. No water came out. Then Open the IM and cleaned out any water that was inside.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4794 on: April 25, 2012, 06:44:00 PM »

Sorry, I mistyped what I meant.  Why don't you rebuild them yourself?

I'm guessing his warranty maybe the same as mine (1 year) If that's the case he is probably doing the same as me. I have now gotten 3 new calipers from returning my seized ones as defective, nobody questions it once they see the core charge ($89 for the caliper.,.$209 core charge lol) Don't pay a cent and you get a rebuilt caliper. It's just a hassle doing a caliper swap every year.

By the way holy shit are your parts expensive... I can get the calipers for $55 and $80 core.
Rushzer0

Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: April 25, 2012, 07:01:08 PM »

Ya Canada sucks for buying...well anything...even more so on the island I live on...but it's home I guess.
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: April 27, 2012, 10:00:08 PM »

Picked up a dei 530t for her and took her to car wash

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: April 28, 2012, 02:19:59 PM »

Got a flat last night. Drove one block and put it back in the driveway.  Threw the donut on this morning went to the tire place to find out that in 1 block the rim ate up the inside of the tire. Got a use one for $50.  

Also fixed the power cable to my amps, the body shop just yanked it out of the fuse holder for some weird reason.  Also tried to figure out why there's no signal coming out from my mono-channel amp. Everything seems to be connected correctly.  I think it's toast.

Threw on some 'I-vtec do you?' stickers.  Just for shits, they're probably coming off next week. Lol

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4798 on: April 28, 2012, 06:12:22 PM »

When you come to visit, I'll look at it for ya Nelson.

I didn't do anything to my Accord, but I did help with some fog lights and brakes on Gen's Accord.

Tim
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: April 29, 2012, 09:10:32 PM »

Finally installed my new set of inspire fogs.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012