Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 01:57:01 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881593 times)
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #4575 on: March 18, 2012, 11:22:36 AM »

With that said I took the money I was saving for exterior parts and purchased a k24a4 short block locally got it for $300. I'm going to order some rods (Manley turbo tuff), pistons (Weisco or CP 87.5mm with a 9.5:1 compression ratio ) and probably some ACL race bearings (which tend to be a little bit on the loose side which I hear is better for boost due to thermal expansion). I'm going to tear it down, and send the block, crank, bearings, rods and pistons out to the machine shop to have them bore the block to the specs of the pistons.

I may get them to assemble the short block. Still unsure right now. Buying go-fast parts makes me feel more satisfied anyways :p aha

You going to sleeve the block too?  You may want to check up on the shop that would be doing the assembly of the short block.  That can make or break your build.

Ya I still have a lot to figure out I would love to have a sleeved block, but if I did that or got my engine assembled by someone else, I would do the smart thing and ship it to the states to one of the big engine builders. (Like ERL) although I would love to have an Endyne motor. Clearanced and sleeved in their shop then they send you all the proper sized bearings, etc.. So when it gets to me it's minimal measuring and more straight assembly. We will see though that's a ways off yet...
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4576 on: March 18, 2012, 02:09:12 PM »

If you're planning on doing the final assembly yourself, I know Endyn will accommodate that. I didn't want to chance the assembly with my motor, because I wanted it to be a solid and reliable build. I had a few conversations with Larry from Endyn, via email, but he never got back to me with a price quote. Shortly after that, Seth from ERL called me and I figured the smart option would be to stay local.

Both ERL and Endyn have an amazing reputation with their build quality and customer service. You can't go wrong with either shop though.

I'm thinking it would be pretty cool to have Endyn do my next block so I can do the final assembly myself. I new to find a chassis to put it in first though.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Rushzer0

Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: March 18, 2012, 02:40:34 PM »

I really want to assemble it myself. I've assembled several v8's, small blocks and big blocks, and a handful VW motors, and even a Subaru boxster motor once. I really enjoyed doing it. So I'm defiantly leaning more so toward that option.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4578 on: March 18, 2012, 05:16:03 PM »

I can understand wanting to do it. I chose to have ERL do mine because I don't have all the tools or experience to do it properly. I really wanted a solid bottom end that was going to be reliable.

On a non-daily driver, I'm willing to try it myself though. Like I said, I have 2 more blocks that I can build. I may build a n/a track car on a light chassis.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: March 19, 2012, 09:58:47 AM »

Ordered new energy suspension bump stops to combat the control arm slap I get on hard bumps.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: March 19, 2012, 10:46:39 AM »

Dam Z, your doin big things! haha

Love the way it looks btw.  Cant wait to see a new Sig pic all fitted up. Smiley

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: March 19, 2012, 11:21:47 AM »

Once I clean her up with some sideskirt paint and an actual cleaning, there will be a new sig pic.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: March 19, 2012, 01:52:36 PM »

Z - how are those coils riding, I'm still shopping around for what coils I want to go with but I'm not trying to spend too much since I'll need front/rear camber kits.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: March 19, 2012, 04:03:07 PM »

Not bad at all. I am dropped to the floor though and that isn't for everyone.
I do have my old S techs if you're interested.

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: March 19, 2012, 07:22:28 PM »

Picked up my beltronics smart hardwire cable and started removing the old one , also washed her up

CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4585 on: March 19, 2012, 08:04:13 PM »

I unplugged the sensor from my master brake resevoir cuz the light came on in the cabin. My brake fluid is good and my brakes were just recently done last month so I dunno. I guess the sensor that let's you know when your fluid is low went bad! Gotta look into getting another whole piece now...

Having the sensor unplugged won't cause me to fail my inspection right.... I don't think it should but I rather be 100% sure!

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: March 20, 2012, 01:37:51 PM »

I will be planning to go as low as my TSX rims let me for now, no budget for rims till maybe June or so.

I definitely want coilovers though, so many different options!

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
Rushzer0

Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: March 20, 2012, 09:17:39 PM »

Best part of buying engine parts? I can get them through work and put them on my account and pay it off over time...but I had built up a good amount of credit (Stored money on my account) So I ordered up an Aeromotive FPR, some SS braided lines, AN fittings, inline fuel filter. Maybe picking up an in-tank Walbro on Friday. That with my fuel rail I picked up long ago and I just need injectors and I got the fuel system taken care of.

Tim are you running a return line with your setup? And if not what's your injector duty cycle at? You have RC750's correct?
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: March 20, 2012, 09:55:44 PM »

Finally decided to upgrade from stock struts...Koni Sports are on order. Smiley

Rich
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4589 on: March 20, 2012, 10:01:16 PM »

Tim are you running a return line with your setup? And if not what's your injector duty cycle at? You have RC750's correct?

I have an Aeromotive A1000 FPR.  Thinking about replacing it with a Hybrid Racing FPR down the road.  I never had a chance to re-tune after upgrading the fuel system, so any data logs would be inaccurate now.  I have RC750's, but they are going to be replaced with Injector Dynamics ID1000's.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012