Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 09:44:58 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881534 times)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4560 on: March 15, 2012, 09:51:36 PM »

Couldn't you get that Katzkin leather wrap that Bill got for his car? Or is it the cushions themselves that are fucked?

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4561 on: March 15, 2012, 11:39:09 PM »

Got some boxes full of parts and opened them.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4562 on: March 16, 2012, 12:16:37 PM »

Couldn't you get that Katzkin leather wrap that Bill got for his car? Or is it the cushions themselves that are fucked?

Dont have the time to commit to that project.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: March 16, 2012, 04:15:33 PM »

Clean up my leather seats.

Now that they're clean, all the flaws just stick out that much more.  I want new seats!
what type of flaws?

- Mark
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: March 16, 2012, 05:07:04 PM »

Here's a quick and dirty of what I've been up to.

Currently sitting at Firestone getting her aligned. Better pics coming later.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: March 16, 2012, 06:40:33 PM »

Z, what springs you on?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: March 16, 2012, 07:18:11 PM »

Coils actually.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: March 16, 2012, 09:22:08 PM »

What coils then?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: March 16, 2012, 09:50:25 PM »

I went with drop zone coils and shocks. They're local and I've used their stuff before.

Armyguy239

Doc

Reputation Power: 11
Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: March 17, 2012, 11:43:16 AM »

raced the hell out of it at the track last night all the way til 1am Smiley
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: March 17, 2012, 07:11:57 PM »

First real nice day we had, so I washed it and got pretty disappointed :/ noticed the painter did a pretty sub par job. Tiger stripes on the passenger side lower part of the door and on the rear driver dog leg and the spoiler. It's barely noticeable but I know it's there...worst part is he is practically family so to keep the peace I'm not even going to bother fighting with him over it.

I decided to put off the exterior parts and start collecting motor parts. When my motor is good to go I'll just pull the old one and I'll just redo the whole car and paint it myself. Probably clean up the engine bay too while I'm at it.

With that said I took the money I was saving for exterior parts and purchased a k24a4 short block locally got it for $300. I'm going to order some rods (Manley turbo tuff), pistons (Weisco or CP 87.5mm with a 9.5:1 compression ratio ) and probably some ACL race bearings (which tend to be a little bit on the loose side which I hear is better for boost due to thermal expansion). I'm going to tear it down, and send the block, crank, bearings, rods and pistons out to the machine shop to have them bore the block to the specs of the pistons.

I may get them to assemble the short block. Still unsure right now. Buying go-fast parts makes me feel more satisfied anyways :p aha
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: March 17, 2012, 09:42:13 PM »

^Wanna paint my car and I'll cover some of those boost parts Wink?

Spent most of today detailing her so that, from a distance, it looks great. Cleaned and conditioned the seats, polish, wax n seal the wheels, polish n wax the exterior (saw the first phase of clear coat failure) whipe down the engine bay, cleaned out the trunk, took a 2x4 to the floor mats and polish my headlights.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 09:45:18 PM by Rich01 » Logged

Rich
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: March 17, 2012, 09:54:36 PM »

^ Post up some pics! LoL! And I live on an island on the east coast of Canada (almost as far east as you can get) I don't think I'd be able to paint your car Cheesy Sorry.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4573 on: March 18, 2012, 02:53:36 AM »

With that said I took the money I was saving for exterior parts and purchased a k24a4 short block locally got it for $300. I'm going to order some rods (Manley turbo tuff), pistons (Weisco or CP 87.5mm with a 9.5:1 compression ratio ) and probably some ACL race bearings (which tend to be a little bit on the loose side which I hear is better for boost due to thermal expansion). I'm going to tear it down, and send the block, crank, bearings, rods and pistons out to the machine shop to have them bore the block to the specs of the pistons.

I may get them to assemble the short block. Still unsure right now. Buying go-fast parts makes me feel more satisfied anyways :p aha

You going to sleeve the block too?  You may want to check up on the shop that would be doing the assembly of the short block.  That can make or break your build.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Moessteezy

Names Moe

Reputation Power: 2
Moessteezy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: March 18, 2012, 07:14:25 AM »

Clean up my leather seats.

Now that they're clean, all the flaws just stick out that much more.  I want new seats!
what type of flaws?

Rips and tares dude rips and tares
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012