Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 09:44:44 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] Rushzer0  (Read 23371 times)
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2014, 12:16:10 AM »

Good stuff man. Have fun.
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2014, 09:19:32 AM »

The amount of work doesn't scare me, If it takes me a few years so be it. It's the direction I always wanted to go with my car. I won't be going at the project alone either, I got one or two friends who are red seal welders who owe me a few favors...on a related note doing headgaskets on a 6.0l f350 is just horrible...have to lift the cab off the frame to get access  Shocked

Having access to the garage with all the proper equipment will speed up the process...more so that i can walk 30 secs from the new place to it. 

And the project could be crazier the guys are trying to convince me in cutting up the chassis adding a tunnel, room for and support for a rear diff and putting a crv drive train underneath....their argument "It's going to be on the jig anyways and we have our engineering degrees...it can't be that hard"  :Smiley They are the crazy ones.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2014, 09:34:41 AM »

That's an awesome idea!  I would do it if I had the time and resources.  I just don't want to have the down time on my car.  It's been down long enough and I want to drive it again.  If you're going as far as tearing everything out to redo it all, you should cage it.  I would.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Rushzer0

Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2014, 10:28:23 AM »

Ya the cage is a go, after talking to my friend he suggested we weld the cage in before stitch welding to help keep the body true. so with the car on the jig and a cage welded in, plus with using proper techniques (jumping around to avoid heat buildup) the body should stay true....plus cage = racecar  Cheesy
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2014, 10:54:53 AM »

And the project could be crazier the guys are trying to convince me in cutting up the chassis adding a tunnel, room for and support for a rear diff and putting a crv drive train underneath....their argument "It's going to be on the jig anyways and we have our engineering degrees...it can't be that hard"  :Smiley They are the crazy ones.
Doooooo eeeeeetttt

- Mark
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2014, 10:59:40 AM »

Gotta build a nasty motor though.  Wink

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Rushzer0

Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2014, 01:19:03 PM »

Gotta build a nasty motor though.  Wink

Indeed!

Also for laughs looked up some info....

CRV:
Length: 182.7
Width: 70.1
Track Front/Rear: 60.6/61.4

Accord Coupe 2.4:
Length: 187.6
Width: 71.3
Track Front/Rear: 61.1/61.2

hmmmmm...pretty close
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2014, 01:33:50 PM »

Who are you?  Wink

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Rushzer0

Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2014, 01:55:59 PM »

Just a guy taking FULL advantage of my current situation  Cool
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2014, 08:53:06 PM »

If you're going through the work, you should find out and do what it takes to implement SH-AWD..  Wink

- Mark
Rushzer0

Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2014, 10:22:09 AM »

Welp looks like the car is getting pulled off the road sooner then I expected. My TPS has finally shit the bed all together. I ordered an aftermarket replacement through work ( Techsmart Part#: T42003 ) Went to put it on and noticed that the part of the TPS that the throttle plate connects to is clocked 90 degrees the wrong way. Putting it on the car would have held the throttle plate open constantly. No biggie must just be a defective unit.....nope. Called the warehouse all the rest are the same...called the rep let him know and now they are recalling them to fix the issue....so figured since the car is out of service now would be a good time to start the teardown.

The GF and I have been talking about buying her a car for a while, and my sister decided to sell her Mazda 3 so we are going to buy it and use that for a while. It's also automatic so she can drive it.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2014, 04:16:59 PM »

You can always get a k tuned v2 TPS.

Tim
Rushzer0

Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2014, 02:12:22 PM »

Went out and bought the mazda for a daily driver. So the accord is officially off the road and sitting at the garage waiting for tear down to start. I won't be able to get to it this weekend though, helping a friend fix his jacked-up F350...box sides and wheel houses, plus a full repaint....not fun.

On the plus side he's helping with the accord, so its give and take  Cheesy

So expect some progress updates and pics soon.
Rushzer0

Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2014, 09:26:26 AM »

Been some time since I posted on here and updated my thread...been some time since I had the motivation to even work on my car. Had a rough patch there for a bit. My grandfather and my great aunt passed away, I lived with them most of my life. My grandparents and my great aunt pretty much raised me so it hit me pretty hard and I lost motivation to do much of anything. However I recently started getting the urge to do something so here we go.

I went and decided to take the head off the car to see what the hell was going on, it still didn't want to run even after putting all new sensors and a TPS in it......

Found out it wasn't the TPS, or the cam sensors or the crank sensors...should have did the math...the reason all the sensors were throwing codes was because the timing chain stretched (or the tensioner shit the bed) and threw the timing off  . The head is a mess...pistons look like crap. The block looks ok haven't taken it apart yet.  Sad

So I picked up a wrecked accord, a rollover I believe. Paid $600 for the whole car 4dr 2.4 auto I just bought it for the motor, and some pieces here and there. My friend and I are pulling a motor from the donor accord and my accord tomorrow. He wants my dead motor (he is building a k24/k20 RSX). The good news is the new motor has a lot less miles on it then mine did (Mine had 300xxx miles this one has just under 80k) So tomorrow should be a busy day.

If anyone wants anything off of it let me know and if it's in good condition and I feel comfortable you will be satisfied with the condition of the part I can take it off and ship it.  (I will take lots of pics). Depending on what you want I probably won't even charge anything just pay the shipping.

I'll take some pics of the adventure tomorrow 
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2014, 09:42:30 AM »

Sorry for your loss.

I may be interested in some interior pieces depending on the color and condition.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012