Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 08:50:04 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken Door Sensor?  (Read 5995 times)
Antoni0_23

Reputation Power: 2
Antoni0_23 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2009, 10:00:46 PM »

Hi guys. Me again. I had a fight with my girlfriend last night and when she got out of the car she slammed the passenger side door and now even if the door is open I don't get the light on my dash that let's you know if a door or the trunk is open and the courtesy light doesn't light up either. I can also lock and arm the "alarm" the car comes with even if that door is open. I went to check the black plastic thing that acts like the sensor and it's really soft. There's no feedback from it. Anyone know how to replace this? Thanks!
InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 11:11:30 PM »

Probably the spring in that swtich is broken. You gotta replace the switch. I dont think it's difficult to replace, but I cant find the part # that you need. I think it's held down by a screw (not 100% sure). When I take a look at mine, I'll let you know.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 09:09:17 AM »

Thanks a lot man. I'll keep checking back to see which part I need and if the install isn't hard I'll probably do it myself. I hope it's not to expensive though ...
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 09:29:12 AM »

I took a look at the diagram and the only thing I could come up with was maybe 16 or 18. The "checker"

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/aut ... OOR+PANELS
Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 10:42:24 AM »

Thanks Mike. It seems that I need to remove the pillar where the seatbelt is. Does anyone know if there's any wiring required? I was going to take it to the stealership but they will charge me an arm and a leg for a simple fix.
InFuMoUs

InFuMoUs pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 12:40:29 PM »

Nah it's not the checker Mike. The checker is connected closer to the fender and it's what keeps the door from closing when you open it. The part he needs is somewhere near #14 here. I looked at it last night on my car and there's a screw holding that switch down. There's a rubber cover over it so if you can remove that, it'll expose the screw. As for what type of connector is at the end of the switch, I have no idea unless I take mine off, but hopefully you can pull it out and replace with a new one. If I find the part number I'll let you know. Dont take it to the dealer. This shouldn't be difficult to replace. What year is car? Coupe...Sedan?

EliteCM Profile

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 12:46:34 PM »

#12 for the coupe.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/aut ... ION+SWITCH

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
InFuMoUs

InFuMoUs pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 12:51:45 PM »

Wowww you got good eyes Tim. I completely missed that lol. It looks like the connector is right below it so should be a easy 2 min fix.

EliteCM Profile

rich

Reputation Power: 4
rich pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 08:13:38 PM »

either the spring in the door trigger is fucked and u need a new one

or

pull the trigger out (philips head) and make sure the wire is still connected on the back side of it.

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6speed
for sale!
Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA
Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 08:27:51 PM »

Well I'll get to it tomorrow morning. If there was no wire connected I need to remove the pillar where the seatbelt comes out of to reach it ?
InFuMoUs

InFuMoUs pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 04:28:47 PM »

Not sure how the harness is ran, but it's a start to check along that area.

EliteCM Profile

Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 04:04:26 PM »

Well the part finally arrived and I installed today. I made a quick DIY although this is EXTREMELY easy but anyhow here's a small DIY for you guys.

First off, The Tools Needed :

First go to the door that the switch is busted (it's the same procedure and part for both of the doors) and find the Switch:

Start off by pulling out the cap that reveals the screw.

Take out the screw either by using a screwdriver or a 8mm socket. I used the socket since the screw was pretty tight and I couldn't get it out using the screwdriver.

Take out the switch and make sure the harness does not go through the hole. If it does it will be a PITA to get it out.

Here's what they look like.

Install your new switch assembly. Connect the harness, put it into position, screw it and your done !! :lol:

Thanks to everyone for your great input and help. You rock!
Philly Steve

Reputation Power: 3
Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 02:33:48 AM »

I had to replace that before. Oddly enough my light was staying on even when the door was closed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012