Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 07:32:07 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Glowshift Gauge Pod  (Read 9640 times)
msedacca

Reputation Power: 0
msedacca pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2008, 07:10:39 PM »

Just had this delivered to me literally 15 minutes ago. Shipper was great, had it out the Friday before Memorial Day and it was here on my doorstep today (total of 3 business days) from PA to NC.

I had some birthday money and what not and wanted to upgrade my gauge setup, after seeing Skippy's setup and mine only being 2 with just latches. So, I ordered this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0240995226

The seller was actually Glowshift posting on Ebay. For what I got, it was worth every penny. 37 shipped was a steal! It came premolded AND painted my interior color (although its a bit off, but still real close). So far it looks like it fits like a glove.

I'm updating my current AEM UEGO sensor and Autometer SSII boost gauge and adding a similar Autometer oil pressure gauge. Should be done by Friday.

Moral of the story, if you want great premolded gauge pods for a great price, look for these guys.

I'll post finalized pics here when done.

Sex should be like driving a honda....
slow, obnoxious, and loud enough for everyone to hear.
I'm a huge newb with cars, but I just happen to have a turbo.
turbHO
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 12:00:39 AM »

Looks nice Mike.  I may have to scoop one of those up.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 12:03:55 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Looks nice Mike.  I may have to scoop one of those up.

Just an update, I got one and installed it last week.  Finally connected the gauges I'm using when I was doing some other routine maintenance and installing something special.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 04:08:01 PM »

I want to do a guage install soon, and this pod seems to match my interior. Thanks for sharing, Mike

Antoni0_23

Reputation Power: 2
Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 11:24:19 AM »

I've always wanted the pillar gauges ... but I'm still debating on the Curtain Airbags converting them to missiles.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 06:48:17 PM by Z3R0 » Logged
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 12:22:29 PM »

Quote from: "Z3R0"
I've always wanted the pillar gauges ... but I'm still debating on the Curtain Aribags converting them to missiles.

LOL!

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 05:58:25 PM »

Quote from: "Abailey4"
Quote from: "Z3R0"
I've always wanted the pillar gauges ... but I'm still debating on the Curtain Aribags converting them to missiles.

LOL!

Yeah, that's a big NO to not use a pillar gauge pod.  Looks like you will have to go with another option for gauges.  I'm glad I don't have side curtain air bags.

Tim
Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 06:50:46 PM »

There isn't a way to bypass this without turning the SRS Light on right? Where's a another good place to put gauges? I really want them to look good. I know it's a ricer mod ( at least for me because I don't have any mods at all in the engine but I'm planning on in the future) but I personally think it looks awesome.
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 07:33:16 PM »

^Custom gauge pod that mounts to the top of the steering column, in the cubby, and I think in the sun glasses holder are what I've seen.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 09:00:12 PM »

If you really don't have any need for them, then yes, it's a ricer mod.  You're better off spending your money on doing some performance mods that actually make your car fast instead of making your car look like it's fast.

Tim
Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 10:18:05 PM »

Yeah I know. The thing is I'm planning on completing the car in stages. First stage would be the exterior (I'm only missing the HFP Side skirts and back and a drop (Eibach Pro-Kit).) then the interiors which would include the Accord Aluminum Pedals, Momo Shift-Knob and E-brake, Hyper White LED's, Sound System and Gauges and lastly Mod my engine. I'm really thinking of something cheap and pretty looking (yes ... rice) like this : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-07-AC ... ccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-07-AC ... ccessories

or something similar. If you had to choose for a Silver Coupe (ricer factor aside) which one would it be?

I'd go with the Air to Fuel Ratio gauge but it only works on narrowband so my choices would be Volt Gauge, Oil Pressure and  Oil Temperature ? Any recommendations? Future plans for the car include every bold on available and until now a Comptech Sc because I can't send the engine to Paul for one of his rebuilds or a Turbo if anyone manages to pull one off that is reliable. Thanks again and sorry for my ricerness but I think it looks pretty good and will have a use in the future.
msedacca

Reputation Power: 0
msedacca pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 11:24:25 PM »

I only got mine because I wanted another oil gauge to check on the oil pressure at the turbo. I had the A/F and boost before.

A good one that I have seen is something that goes over top of the middle air conditioning ducts that faces towards the driver seat. That looked very cool for me, I found it somewhere on that car website (why I can't remember the name, IDK). Something that is carbon fiber too would be very cool also.

If you are just doing bolt-ons though, the gauges serve no real purpose. Oil pressure would be good, A/F if you ended up tweaking the fuel/spark/etc etc. I think you really need to lay out which direction you want to go with your car. Skip did it with me three years ago and I followed through with it and ended up with a great car in the end. Just remember the modding triangle: price, performance, reliability. You can only have two, not all three.

Sex should be like driving a honda....
slow, obnoxious, and loud enough for everyone to hear.
I'm a huge newb with cars, but I just happen to have a turbo.
turbHO
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 04:24:40 AM »

I would save your money if you're planning on getting gauges just for the fact of getting gauges.  I have a feeling that you're not going to listen anyway, based on your responses.  Just to recap the advice that was given so far.  It is dangerous for you to use an a-pillar gauge pod because you have an air bag behind there that will turn those gauges into a projectile that will smash you in the face.  In addition to that, you're not even getting gauges that give you necessary information.  If you want to waste your money and put yourself in danger, that's your business.  As I've suggested before, we will give you honest advice if you ask for it, but this is not the place to post looking for validation for something you want to do.

Tim
Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 04:28:49 PM »

Ur right Tim. Now that i think of it ... It'd be pretty much a waste of money (although they look good but they do present an enormous amount of danger to me). I think I'll be better off buying the other interior things I want (the shiftknob, the e-brake and the pedals and the sound system) and live without gauges.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 04:40:56 PM »

That sounds like a much better idea.  Do it right the first time and spend your money once.  I've wasted plenty of money doing things twice.

Tim
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012