Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 04:53:12 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To: Change Door Fabric (Updated To Better Pictures!!!)  (Read 9043 times)
Anthony212

Reputation Power: 2
Anthony212 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2009, 06:30:59 PM »

Items necessary to complete job:
Glue Gun

A Drill
3M Multipurpose Adhesive

Fabric purchased at any location. (I bought mine at Joann's) Any color.

You need to remove your door panel which is explained in the how to: remove door panels thread.

Once removed you need to drill in the holes (there are no screws holding it) that hold the Styrofoam in place
Once the Styrofoam is off you now need to remove the plastic piece. There are two screws and once again you need to drill.
To remove the armrest there are also two screws located on the bottom followed by clips.
Don't worry how big of a hole you make, because when we put everything back together we're gonna use the glue gun to fill in everything and it will hold.
Now you need to remove the piece that controls your windows and locks your doors. Its attached to the panels by clips.

When you are done this is how it should look

Now spray a decent amount of Adhesive on the stock fabric.
What we're gonna do is put the new fabric over it so you don't have to interfere with the padding.

Put the new fabric on and with a credit card smooth everything out and let it dry for 5 mins.
Then cut off the excessive fabric, but leave some so you can put the fabric around the plastic piece (Glue gun fabric to plastic) Make sure your not covering any holes.

What I did to put the plastic piece back on the door panel was I bought screws and put them in and then just used the glue gun to go over it.

Finished Product:

This is my first write up so don't criticize me that much lol..
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 08:03:37 PM by Anthony212 » Logged

ROLO

Reputation Power: 8
ROLO pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 06:37:10 PM »

Dam dude let me know if you can figure out how to change our OEM cloth from the seats and replace w/ OEM Leather... I could save myself $350 ( I know how to take off the seats and rear seats, just not the cloth and I don't think I can put the leather over the OEM cloth)... nice write up.. Any photos of the rear doors?
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 06:58:05 PM »

What about those with leather?

A S I M O
Anthony212

Anthony212 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 09:14:57 PM »

Quote from: "ROLO"
Dam dude let me know if you can figure out how to change our OEM cloth from the seats and replace w/ OEM Leather... I could save myself $350 ( I know how to take off the seats and rear seats, just not the cloth and I don't think I can put the leather over the OEM cloth)... nice write up.. Any photos of the rear doors?

hmm I didn't do the rear yet, I'm going to do the rear friday....as for the leather I really don't know since I never took out my seats, but I asked one of my friends who owns a civic and he gave me this link http://www.8thcivic.com/Seats.pdf...idk if that helps...

Quote from: "Asim"
What about those with leather?

It should work the same way I see why not, I'm just wondering if the Adhesive would stick to the leather. Anyway my friend has leather interior too (not an accord, but an altima) and he likes what I did so we're gonna try and see how it comes out on his car.

ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 09:18:00 PM »

Good stuff Anthony....

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 10:49:34 PM »

That is sweet Anthony... great job man! Looking official...

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 01:33:09 PM »

Nice write up.  I'd love to see larger/better pics though.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 12:25:47 PM »

Very good write up and mod! +1 to larger pics though.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
unclejud49348

Reputation Power: 3
unclejud49348 pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 08:49:31 PM »

Pretty good write up (even better if it's your first time!), I'm going to refer to this when I change out my interior.

Justin - NHBP Sedan 5AT

(^^ Made by Milan, thanks!)

Quote from: "skizot"
unclejud49348 <--serious, WTF is with that name
Anthony212

Anthony212 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 08:05:46 PM »

Updated with larger pictures!!!

CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 03:03:56 PM »

Anthony looks good dude, going off topic but I would tint out that 3rd brake light on your wing to go with the tail lights... just my 0.02

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
ROLO

Reputation Power: 8
ROLO pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 03:38:26 PM »

I am going to attempt this w/ leather in my car... (Fingers crossed)
Anthony212

Anthony212 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2009, 09:25:35 PM »

Quote from: "ROLO"
I am going to attempt this w/ leather in my car... (Fingers crossed)

good luck!! Post some pictures when your done bro.......

skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 08:03:09 AM »

The inserts look great, the center console cover and the arm rests are a little rough around the edges. Not sure how you did it, based on these pictures, but the corners are too bunch up. You need to cut little slices into the fabric on the underside to get a better contour around the corners and use either a braid nailer or staple gun to hold it in place while the glue sets up. Stretch that fabirc tighter too. For a DIY, came out good, especially if this was a first time, but I am always going to challenge people to do it better and be honest with my feedback.
Anthony212

Anthony212 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2009, 07:06:08 PM »

Quote from: "skizot"
The inserts look great, the center console cover and the arm rests are a little rough around the edges. Not sure how you did it, based on these pictures, but the corners are too bunch up. You need to cut little slices into the fabric on the underside to get a better contour around the corners and use either a braid nailer or staple gun to hold it in place while the glue sets up. Stretch that fabirc tighter too. For a DIY, came out good, especially if this was a first time, but I am always going to challenge people to do it better and be honest with my feedback.

Thanks for the input. I agree the edges are rough, they were a pain in the ass to do. I'm probably gonna re-due my center cover and see how it comes out this time around. I'm taking your advice for the corners and see if it'll work, ill post a new picture when I do it.

Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012