Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:36:56 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP! Spring Install Problem  (Read 5890 times)
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2009, 12:01:48 PM »

I got the strut assembly out, front, and I cant get the tension bolt to come off of the top of the strut assembly. I just keeps on spinning. I dont really know what to do. Another thing is where is the rear access panel on the Sedan for the rear strut assembly? I cant find it. Thanks. I am in the middle of doing it right now and I am stuck.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Mr Eazy

Reputation Power: 8
Mr Eazy pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 12:17:10 PM »

Quote from: "wtcii"
I got the strut assembly out, front, and I cant get the tension bolt to come off of the top of the strut assembly. I just keeps on spinning. I dont really know what to do. Another thing is where is the rear access panel on the Sedan for the rear strut assembly? I cant find it. Thanks. I am in the middle of doing it right now and I am stuck.

I can't help you with the front issue, but for the rear, it is behind the rear seats. I forget the exact location though, but you access it through the back seat.

Hope this helps.

Arie
2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 12:17:35 PM »

for the rear assembly you have to take out your back seat completely
they pop out kinda easy, check out the bottom of the seat and you should see the connections, also you have to remove the 2 side seat parts in the back (the parts closest to the doors that are verticle from the seat cushion to the rear speakers)

hope this isnt confusing but its under the seat....so try to take out everything you can to get to it... its not that hard, i had no clue the seat came out like that

for the front im not sure....

GL man

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

ROLO

ROLO pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 01:22:40 PM »

Dam I opened a DIY on G7A but I'm not a member there any more... see if Thien or Tim can get it and xfer it here... it had photos.. step by step.
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 01:53:17 PM »

I got it. Thanks sorry I just kindo of freaked out. 3 left to go!

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
ROLO

ROLO pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 03:21:47 PM »

Quote from: "wtcii"
I got it. Thanks sorry I just kindo of freaked out. 3 left to go!

Bill I demand photos when done... GL have patience.. cause it can feel like it takes for ever..
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 03:38:51 PM »

I spoke to soon. We have done one and we are working on the next front strut assembly. The spring is compressed but when we go to undo the tensioner nut it just spins the strut and you can't get it off. Everything is so simple I just can't getthe damn tension nut off on top of the strut.

Bill C.
SECM member
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 05:28:37 PM »

Anybody?

Bill C.
SECM member
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 05:52:11 PM »

Ok just another update. You need a 5mm allen wrench and an open ended wrench and it comes of no problem. Started at 8:00 this morning now its just about 5:00. It took us that long. I feel like quite the dumb ass and we are still not done. We are almost done with the front. I found it on a Prelude forum. FML

Bill C.
SECM member
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 06:58:02 PM »

Its all good man. As for the rear struts, there's a bolt on each side bolster just under the part where your ass goes. Its a 12mm head IIRC. Once you remove that lower bolt, lift the bolster up (it takes some doing) but it will pop. Once you do that, you'll see the top of the rear struts. Post up if you need anything else.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 07:34:33 PM »

Ok the front is completely done and there is about a 2.5 finger gap Smiley. We are on the rears and my instructions are for the coupe so I'm not sure if they are the same. We have them undone from the top now we are working on the bottom. The only thing I saw holding the damper in is one bolt so I  got that out and it kind of shot down and is now sitting on a bracket holding the brake line. I just want to tap it out with a rubber mallet but my dad insists that we continue taking stuff that's in it's way out so it will get off the bracket. What do I do?

Bill C.
SECM member
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 07:42:20 PM »

Talk about step by step FTW... glad it is coming along though dude!

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 10:17:32 PM »

Last Bump. I am on my final rear one and I think that I stripped the hex hole on the part where the RSB attaches to the bracket that holds the brake line. Any idea? Do I just need to replace the link or is there a way around it. Also, is it Drivable? The bold it on there its just not tightened all the way down. Thanks for all the help!

Bill C.
SECM member
rocketstarter

Reputation Power: 3
rocketstarter pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 10:19:44 PM »

Damn I hope you're almost done with this. If you got any questions and you're still at it I PM'ed you my number

“I like my coffee like I like my women. In a plastic cup.”

S60R NO MO

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 2 K
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2009, 12:03:05 AM »

^ Thanks! Well, I am finally done. It took me 15 hours with a few trips to the store. The time would have been much shorter if we would have figured out the 5mm Hex wrench earlier. My camber kit came in so I just going to pay to have that put in. Thanks again for all the help. Ill post pics tomorrow

Bill C.
SECM member
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012