Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 10:03:18 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about color of car  (Read 5692 times)
Anthony212

Reputation Power: 2
Anthony212 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2009, 11:10:47 PM »

Since I bought my car i haven't given it a proper wax n detail. I recently bought a oem spoiler painted and all. I noticed the color of the spoiler is different from the car. The spoiler seems like its darker than the car. Do you guys think that after I wax, detail,, polish my car should it bring out the color again matching the spoiler I bought??Any recommendations as what to use?

suleman_manji

Reputation Power: 3
suleman_manji pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 11:41:43 PM »

Use Meguiars Gold Class if you don't want to spend too much. I noticed it works well with darker cars.

(i used this while another TXCM member used something else and my paint came out alot darker and shadowy than his)

No editing except for border. Didn't know how to mess with that with pictures in PS when I took that.

TXCM Squad #2 | Profile | flickr | fb
[img]http:
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 09:41:12 AM »

I have used Gold Class and had very good results but, I would suggest using a cleaner wax first.
Anthony212

Anthony212 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 02:22:36 PM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
I have used Gold Class and had very good results but, I would suggest using a cleaner wax first.

Ok both really good suggestions, now should I use Meguiars Cleaner/wax then add the Meguiars Gold Class Clear Coat Liquid Wax? or are they the same thing?

ROLO

Reputation Power: 8
ROLO pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 02:54:13 PM »

Anthony212 do you have a photo of your rear to see the difference in shade? I'm going thru the same situation as you.. but thankfully I'm repainting my whole car ..
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 11:13:03 AM »

Doing a full detail on your car may make a difference.  To be completely honest, it may not make a huge difference though.  You've got to consider that your paint fades over time from the sun, and you've got a newly painted spoiler, which has not faded.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Anthony212

Anthony212 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 09:03:16 PM »

Quote from: "ROLO"
Anthony212 do you have a photo of your rear to see the difference in shade? I'm going thru the same situation as you.. but thankfully I'm repainting my whole car ..

Here's a picture after a regular car wash. You notice the difference? It looks like the spoiler was painted in a royal blue, but tats just me denying the fact that my color faded  :cry:

RTexasF

RTexasF pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 09:47:20 AM »

Those are two different colors.

Rick, token old bastard.
Anthony212

Anthony212 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 07:35:30 PM »

Quote from: "RTexasF"

ok so i'm not going crazy

exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 12:19:48 PM »

I agree those are deff not the same colors even if the wing fades it will not be the same try to find out the exact color code of your car and the color code whoever painted the wing used

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
RTexasF

RTexasF pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 01:02:36 PM »

Quote from: "Anthony212"

ok so i'm not going crazy

Can't confirm that  :D  but the colors are indeed different!

Rick, token old bastard.
Deep Gloss

Reputation Power: 1
Deep Gloss pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 12:19:56 PM »

When you have severe swirls (like you showed in the picture) the color of the car can be GREATLY changed. See, the light is catching on the edges of the swirls and refracting off instead of reflecting.. so in other words instead of the light boucing back to your line of vision it is scattered into every direction.

I remember a vehicle I did that the owner bought used, she actually thought it was flat grey'ish paint. After I finished it it was observed that the paint was black... swirls can indeed make the color of paint look lighter in color. Polishing a vehicle when done properly can make the paint color rich.... I did an M5 with Interlagos Blue... When the owner picked it up he said "the paint changes from blue, to purple depending on how the light hits it. I never noticed that"... another expample of how swirls hide what is really going on with the paint color.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012