Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 06:31:32 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] Asimo - "photo shoot"  (Read 47292 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2010, 04:11:04 PM »

Looks good. What suspension are you on? As for the rub, roll fenders, pull them, etc.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2010, 04:15:40 PM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
Looks good. What suspension are you on? As for the rub, roll fenders, pull them, etc.

Can the front even be rolled? there isn't much of a fender there, its the liner that gets hit

Eibach Sportlines on Koni Yellows, I think lowest perch front... Lexani's old set

A S I M O
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2010, 04:21:44 PM »

Hmmm, try pulling the fenders and maybe a 3-5mm spacer front and rear. What's the offset on the wheels now?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2010, 04:25:42 PM »

Hmmm, try pulling the fenders and maybe a 3-5mm spacer front and rear. What's the offset on the wheels now?

18x7.5 +45 225/45/18 tires <--- tire is probably why it rubs, lexani had 225/40 and i dont think he rubbed

wouldn't adding a spacer make rubbing worse? i think i will run the setup for awhile and see how much it bugs me and then eventually raise it by a perch all around if it bugs me

A S I M O
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2010, 05:23:42 PM »

Its very possible its the tire. Ride it out for a bit and see what happens. Have you checked out the tire size calculator?

MTsixspeed

Reputation Power: 2
MTsixspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2010, 05:28:26 PM »

Raise the perches. I have the same Koni dampeners, just with Neuspeed springs. My passenger side rubbed the fender liner too until I raised the perch to the highest setting on the front. My rears are in the neutral position. Of course mine is a V6 coupe so the front is much heavier, which is why I had to raise it to the highest perch.
I wonder if the Sportlines have a higher spring rate than my Neuspeed race springs. I need stiffer springs in the rear because if I have a passenger in the back, the back rubs! FAIL.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 09:34:23 AM by MTsixspeed » Logged

-Chris, CM81 J30A4
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2010, 07:12:39 PM »

thanks chris, glad someone with the similar setup could chime in

gonna ride it out, and then if it comes to it i will raise all around (rear maybe, depending on how i like the tucked look or how i rub when i get my alignment)

A S I M O
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2010, 08:03:08 PM »

Its possible if you go up one perch all around, you'll still have a great ride height and you won't rub. Up to you.

Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2010, 08:28:42 PM »

Its possible if you go up one perch all around, you'll still have a great ride height and you won't rub. Up to you.

Thats the most likely solution!

A S I M O
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2010, 03:32:13 AM »

If you're  only rubbing fender liner, cut the fender liner.  Fender liners are cheap if you ever want to replace it.  If you're rubbing metal, then slightly roll the fender.

I'm actually surprised you are rubbing with a 7.5 +45 and 225 width tire.  You're more than likely just rubbing fender liner, which would mean cutting the liner so you don't rub against it.  Or you could do what I did when I had my Accord, be lazy about cutting it and just rub the liner until it stops rubbing, lol..

- Mark
MTsixspeed

Reputation Power: 2
MTsixspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2010, 09:33:02 AM »

Quote from: "alpha"
Or you could do what I did when I had my Accord, be lazy about cutting it and just rub the liner until it stops rubbing, lol..

This is what I did for the first two years! My passenger side liner is worn away in the one spot it used to rub.

-Chris, CM81 J30A4
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2010, 12:51:46 PM »

there is only 2 perches, not three like i thought
so i couldn't raise it, i got my alignment and I love how the car looks... i'll have to live with it or switch to 225/40/18

A S I M O
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2010, 10:04:07 PM »

That looks really nice! Congrats!

Quote from: "MTsixspeed"
Of course mine is a V6 coupe so the front is much heavier, which is why I had to raise it to the highest perch.

I don't think the V6 is much heavier... Maybe 40 lbs

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2010, 11:37:09 PM »

A S I M O
konatriathlon
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
konatriathlon pfffft.