Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:58:50 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel Economy Thread  (Read 65527 times)
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: December 27, 2011, 01:05:45 PM »

probably all highway miles..

- Mark
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: December 27, 2011, 01:58:14 PM »

Fairing is officially on.  Well see how I do on the next tank. 

Anybody else on Fuelly?  It's an awesome way to track your mileage.  I update it with every fill up.
I use Fuellog for Android. It's really nice. It breaks down nearly every stat for your mileage, and it includes an estimated yearly cost for fuel.

I drove up to SC about a week ago, and got 32mpg. That seems pretty decent for the i4, considering that I was going about 75 most of the time. I bet the v6 gets better gas mileage at higher speeds.

accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 27, 2011, 02:46:29 PM »

Best I pulled in my 6-6 was 30.3 on a trip from Pa to Nc last summer, doing 80+ the majority of the trip. Smiley

That was before the PCDs and j pipe were installed,  not sure of how that should affect the mileage.  But yeah Fuelly breaks it down pretty good.  No app yet, but they do have an easy to use mobile site, so it's just like an app.   

I started using Fuelly last summer on the Nc trip and at this time my total avg is just below 25 mpgs, which with the way I drive... I'm more than happy with.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: December 27, 2011, 11:40:09 PM »

I used to get around 28-30 mpg on the freeway.  I can't wait to see what kind of mileage I'm going to get when I get the new motor in and have it tuned.  I'm definitely going to make sure they tune for good fuel economy at cruising rpm's.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Armyguy239

Doc

Reputation Power: 11
Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 27, 2011, 11:52:35 PM »

LOL believe it or not it was mixed... Hwy/ city..2/3 being highway. Ended up getting 418 to 2 notches above the empty line. Apparently my problem is my cat.....when I went to get my exhaust done they did a shitty job and cut my cats exit off and welded the new pipe... When they did that my gas mileage has gone through the roof.....pure hectic city driving in Miami and im at 212@ half a tank
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 11:55:15 PM by Armyguy239 » Logged
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2012, 01:41:02 PM »

So now that gas prices are officially (almost) to $4/gal. Are any of you guys doing anything to get better mpg, looking for a beater civic to get 35mpg, etc? I tell you, I’m sick of 22mpg. Stuipd V6.
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2012, 02:12:44 PM »

So now that gas prices are officially (almost) to $4/gal. Are any of you guys doing anything to get better mpg, looking for a beater civic to get 35mpg, etc? I tell you, I’m sick of 22mpg. Stuipd V6.
gas is already above $4/gal in my area and i'm looking at purchasing a v8 for my next car, haha..  I've already resigned to the fact that gas is expensive, and its a necessarily evil.   although, it would be nice to have something more fuel economical.

if you're tired of 22mpg, you probably shouldn't look into getting another s2k.. that's about what you would expect from an s2k, give or take a couple mpg..

- Mark
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2012, 02:15:18 PM »

Well my car just reminded me I have a city commute again... last tank pulled 18 mpgs Sad

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
slipkord
Veteran

slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 20, 2012, 02:17:03 PM »

Mark, I got abt 24mpg in my s2k, its worth it, not so much in a mazda
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2012, 02:20:02 PM »

got 20.7 last tank. got heavy foot since i dont drive car much. next two tanks should be a lot better for cams brake in

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: February 20, 2012, 02:57:34 PM »

Gas prices around here are still around $3.50.  I do the usual and common sense stuff for better mileage though.  I try to remove any unnecessary weight from my car (loose stuff in the trunk and interior of the car), raise the tire pressure slightly (up to about 40 psi), remove the roof rack when not being used, drive very mellow (easy on the throttle, let my car coast to stop lights and use the engine braking instead of regular brakes), keep it under 70 on the freeway and draft other cars and trucks (not too closely though).  I do all of this stuff safely, but the main thing I keep in mind is that gentle driving is a great way to get better fuel economy.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: February 20, 2012, 03:25:37 PM »

If I drove less than 70 I'd be late for work twice a day.
slipkord
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2012, 03:32:33 PM »

I drag race every light
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2012, 04:34:04 PM »

Mark, I got abt 24mpg in my s2k, its worth it, not so much in a mazda
I could get that if it were highway miles, but combined city/highway, I could only dream of getting 24mpg.  I don't speed, either; I average 65mph on the freeway, sometimes going up to 70mph but for short periods of time; I don't accelerate fast; I basically don't drive the car hard at all.  I waited until I had 0 bars left on the fuel gauge once and I got 240mi on the tank.  I don't recall exactly how many gallons it took to fill it full again, but i think it was somewhere between 12.0 and 12.5; which would have given me about 19 - 20 mpg for that tank.  I think the best I ever got for combined city/highway was 21 - 22 mpg.

If I drove less than 70 I'd be late for work twice a day.
leave a couple minutes earlier.. speeding doesn't always get you there that much faster, it may save you a minute or two, but you could have left a couple minutes earlier and made it there the same time.  you might even hit a different traffic light pattern that may get you to work sooner.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 04:36:43 PM by alpha » Logged

- Mark
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2012, 06:11:33 PM »

No traffic all highway... I only got 75 or 80... I leave one job and have to be at the other 30 min. later... It's about a 20 mile drive.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012