Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:51:12 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: headlights/blinker issues  (Read 3836 times)
v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2009, 10:59:04 AM »

This started happening a couple of weeks ago and is sporadic so let me do my best to describe the issue.  It may be something with my fuses but it's occurring with almost all my front lights

- On occasion when I'm driving my blinkers burn out.  One minute they'll be working, the next minute i signal and they're not working and the blinker signal on the dash is stuck being lit up.  This is also true for my hazards.

- My left headlight and/or hi-beam refuses to work.  Again, same instance, it works one minute and then I'll turn them off or on and its hazy/half lit or not on at all.

- Every once in a while when i turn my car completely off (key out) the headlights stay on.  Super-dim but they will not go off.  If i re-start the car and flash the lights/hi-beams and then turn it all off, they will finally turn off.  I've heard a radiator fan running during this before too.

Has this happened to anyone else before?  I assume its something with fuses or a wiring harness but I cant put my finger on why it happens sometime and other times its fine. It typically happens when I've been driving a while (1 hr +) but not always.

J u s t i n
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 11:04:09 AM »

Justin this is an odd one, and Tim will probably be the best guy to answer. But one question to ask is do you have an aftermarket security system?
v6sicksspeed

v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 11:13:15 AM »

Nope - alarm and all lighting is stock (minus the depo headlights - which are running on stock bulbs)

J u s t i n
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 11:15:23 AM »

I will take a look at the wiring diagram when I get home but, this sounds quite odd to me. the fact that they are stying on when the car is off at times leads me to beleve that it may be an issue with a relay.
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 12:20:13 PM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
The fact that they are stying on when the car is off at times leads me to believe that it may be an issue with a relay.

+1

Had this happen to me on my 95 accord. It's the littlest things that can cuz such an annoying problem... Hopefully Tim can chime in and add his input.

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 12:53:59 PM »

This problem leads me to believe you have some sort of short somewhere. What may have caused it, who knows. Electrical problems are never easy to diagnose and can be expensive if you pay someone to troubleshoot.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 12:58:11 PM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
This problem leads me to believe you have some sort of short somewhere. What may have caused it, who knows. Electrical problems are never easy to diagnose and can be expensive if you pay someone to troubleshoot.

+1

I had an issue with my F-150, the wiring harness where it connected at the firewall was burnt up, causing my windshield wipers to come up without the key in and some other weird shit. Electrical problems suck...GL chasing down this gremlin bro.
v6sicksspeed

v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 04:42:56 PM »

just drove home during my lunch break (10 mins) and its been happening again.  what a PITA.  on the up side i am surprisingly still covered under warranty - so I hope this should be covered

J u s t i n
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 09:01:43 PM »

It should be covered. I looked at the wiring diagram, and all of the front lights seem to go into a couple of large relays. Do the tail lights act up to or just the head lights?
v6sicksspeed

v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 10:33:53 AM »

tail/brake lights seem to be fine.  my drivers side brake light just went out but i think its just the bulb is burnt

J u s t i n
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 10:47:48 AM »

I'd bring it in because its under warranty I'm going to assume its on of the relays associated with the parking/head lights. I'm not as good at looking a wiring diagrams as Tim is but, it looks like they run through multiple relays.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 12:07:46 PM »

Damn Justin.  That sucks.  If this is covered under warranty, have Honda fix it for free.  If they won't fix it for free, I would be glad to help.  As Mike has already mentioned, it sounds like an issue with your relays.  I haven't looked at the wiring diagrams, because I don't have them, but my best guess is that it is a relay.  I doubt it would be a fuse, because their nature is to create an "open" which would result in no power until the fuse has been replaced.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012