Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 03:57:57 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ordered a PC 7424XP!  (Read 5384 times)
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2009, 02:43:20 PM »

I ordered a PC 7424XP the other day.  After seeing the amazing results people achieve I had to get one.  I also bought a few pads and some fine cut polish. Should be here Friday!

I have some scratches and swirls in my paint...not to mention some water etching and some gunk from the flowers off a tree falling on my car. Will post up before and after pics.
unclejud49348

Reputation Power: 3
unclejud49348 pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 03:54:16 PM »

Awesome Greg! I just got my PC 7424 a few weeks ago but haven't got to use it until this weekend (hopefully). What kind of polishes and pads are you planning on using?

Justin - NHBP Sedan 5AT

(^^ Made by Milan, thanks!)

Quote from: "skizot"
unclejud49348 <--serious, WTF is with that name
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 04:09:44 PM »

I've heard nothing but good things about it. Congrats.  I'm still too scared to take that step.  If I ever do the guinea pig will be the Sentra since it's bronze.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 06:36:36 PM »

Quote from: "unclejud49348"
Awesome Greg! I just got my PC 7424 a few weeks ago but haven't got to use it until this weekend (hopefully). What kind of polishes and pads are you planning on using?

To start I ordered some of the Lake Country pads...orange (light cutting), white (polishing), and red (wax application).  For polish I am trying out the Pinnacle XMT series (#2 fine swirl remover) and #3 Intermediate swirl remover.

I plan to use the #2 on the majority of the car...and the #3 on a couple rough spots.  From what I read, its best to start with the least abrasive polish and then step-up in grit as needed.  Unless you have really funky faded, oxidized paint...I don't think anyone here on EliteCM should be using anything more than a fine to intermediate polish.  Anything higher is a serious duty cutting compound....which in the inexperienced hands can ruin your paint.

The Pinnacle XMT line is sort-of new...its different in that it has "micro-abrasion" technology...which means the cutting compound breaks down smaller and smaller while you use it...eventually into a polish.  Pinnacle claims its a all-in-one type product.

I'm new to this...but I gather using a buffer is like having sex.  Keep it moving, and keep it wet!
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 06:51:39 PM »

Great purchase.
RTexasF

Reputation Power: 2
RTexasF pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 09:52:28 AM »

Keep your receipt where you can find it. Some of the first run XP machines are having problems, hopefully yours won't be one of those.

Rick, token old bastard.
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 05:10:03 PM »

Thanks for the heads-up.  I ordered it from Autogeek, so I don't think returning it would be a problem should I need to.
Abailey4

Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 05:23:00 PM »

I'm feeling lazy so I'll just post here and ask how much they're running. I forgot since the last time I looked.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
Abailey4

Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 06:36:41 PM »

Nevermind, exceldetail has theirs listed for $121 and I believe there's a discount for ECM members of 10% which takes it down to $108!

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 02:33:41 PM »

I paid $119 for mine.  I read some reviews of the 7424XP and the Ultimate Detailing Machine.  Folks seemed to like the XP better.
RTexasF

RTexasF pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 06:18:12 PM »

The UDM is strictly a relabeled PC 7424, the XP is the upgraded version of the PC. It needs to be better and certainly should be.

Rick, token old bastard.
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 05:07:35 PM »

Rick, can one use a DA polisher on headlights and tail-lights?  Would a light polish for paint work on plastic?
RTexasF

RTexasF pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 07:20:14 AM »

Yepper but depending on the shape it is sometimes easier to do by hand. Light polish and white pad (very light cut) should do the trick with the machine.

Rick, token old bastard.
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 02:39:51 AM »

Finally had time to use the PC a couple of times. I first used it to polish a few of the flat surfaces of my car with a fine polishing compound.  It made the paint look nice, but I'm happy to report that my paint is actually in pretty good condition...no major flaws.  I need to hit some high use areas like the driver-side door etc.

I also used the PC to wax my car the other day. Used a soft no-cut pad to apply liquid NXT 2.0 and used a MF bonnet with the foam pad to remove the wax.  Holy crap was this a good time! The buffer really applies a nice even coat of wax...and using the PC for wax removal/high buff final shine is reason enough to buy one of these!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012