Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 12:11:15 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only CAI/SRI Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 67490 times)
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2009, 01:52:46 AM »

I also zipped tied mine. LOL I should really just go to kragen and get those clamps when I pick up some for the new tranny cooler. yay ^^

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2009, 11:47:34 AM »

I'd use the clamps over zip ties.  Just be careful not to over tighten them.  You can collapse the plastic inlet if you do.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Fenix

Reputation Power: 4
Fenix pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2009, 11:52:04 AM »

did you get the Fujita duffel bag as well? Cause i got that with mine and i love it. I use it as my travel bag all the time.

Quote from: timot_one
I'll let you guys know that I can only tolerate so much douchebaggery
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2009, 08:44:18 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
I'd use the clamps over zip ties.  Just be careful not to over tighten them.  You can collapse the plastic inlet if you do.
thanx for the advice
Quote from: "Fenix"
did you get the Fujita duffel bag as well? Cause i got that with mine and i love it. I use it as my travel bag all the time.
WTF i replied to this yesterday. anyways. i said, i bought is used so i didnt get the duffle bag or any of the other goodies. the good new is i only paid $150 for the intake. fujita intakes retail for $300+ CDN

fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2009, 08:29:57 PM »

ddi any of you guys connect the hose directly to the intake? or did you still connect that boxy thingy too!

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2009, 10:18:16 PM »

If you have the "boxy" thing, use it.  If you don't, then don't.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2009, 11:37:28 PM »

It looks funky, but I put mine back on. I guess they designed it that way for a reason, so it must have some purpose. I'd leave it on.

Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2009, 04:35:14 PM »

Alright, I'm thinking about making my own extension for my intake to turn it into a CAI. I found this very informative DIY that involves using ABS plastic:

http://cold_air_intake.koken.org/

I'm going to wait on it for a little bit, and see if Cole is still interested in trading his Fujita, but this seems like a pretty neat project.

Oh, I was also thinking, how much more effective would it be if I got a larger cone filter? The guy in the DIY mentioned a 12" filter... would the increased volume provide any more benefits?

'93accordse
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
'93accordse pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2010, 07:56:33 PM »

Can anyone with the Fujita CAI with MAF give me the dimensions of the block where the MAF sensor goes in?

Specifically, outside length and width dimension, inside slot length and width dimension, screw hole centers from the respective corner, and thread size.

(I know I could get all this by templating off my stock stuff, but if someone has the opportunity maybe they could post it up for me.)

CAUTION: super awesome AlphaCam V8 computer generated 3D rendering visualization representation of dimensions I need:

THANK YOU!

pbplayer257

Reputation Power: 2
pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2010, 12:14:24 AM »

So when i put my new intake on, i noticed that at the end of 2nd and 3rd gear it makes a high pitched noise, as if nails were scraping across a chalkboard. I shortened the two hoses that connect from the intake to the engine and it helped a little, i think.. but if anyone has any experience with this problem, please let me know. I have an 05 accord with a weapon r dragon intake on it
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2010, 12:24:06 AM »

What type intake you used? also check if you have a air leak in the lines did you use clamps at the end of each hose ?

pbplayer257

Reputation Power: 2
pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 12, 2010, 01:07:18 AM »

short ram  weapon-r, Dragon intake. And no i did not use clamps. The hoses seem pretty tightly sealed to me
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: August 12, 2010, 04:13:41 AM »

It's a K24?  That's no noise an intake would make.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2010, 08:34:06 AM »

I'd put some clamps on all those hoses and see if it goes away.
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 12, 2010, 08:38:58 AM »

+1 to what Mike said
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012