Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:45:05 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only CAI/SRI Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 67486 times)
hondaguy214

Reputation Power: 1
hondaguy214 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2009, 01:59:25 AM »

+1 to what tim said

NECM SQUAD#6
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2009, 12:54:16 PM »

+2 to what tim said. The intake can been a sleep mod if you dont rev like hell. As a DD it is more then do able. I had mine for almost a year now and it doesn't bother me or the cops.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2009, 09:38:09 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
I'm sure that if you don't drive like a jackass, you won't draw as much attention.
ha ha ha!  :grin: i usually dont but, since it is new for me, i am having alittle fun with it. i like ridding at 4000rpm, and when i catch pedestrians walking by, i slam on the gas and let that sucker ROAR! lol it sounds like we got real VTEC now! LOL
i am getting used to it tho. even my butt dyno has noticed a bit of a diff. and your guys are right it is very quite. its actually more quite when you WOT at low rpms then when i had stock air box with the deleted resontor.
I LOVE IT! i wasnt to fond of intakes before. thought they were too loud with minimal gains. but the noise level is manageable and really compliments the TSX IM.

NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2009, 09:58:10 AM »

Glad yur happy...i used the exact same 3" rubber coupling to eliminate the rattle problem...
enjoy my man... i heart my fujita
tends to be a pain in the ass to keep the pipe clean tho, that nice shine will only last for a month or so before it starts shitting up on you, maybe get some nice chrome cleaner or something for it...still havent found a great cleaner for it

zoom zoom !
isnt it cool when you just tap the gas hard too?  you get that initial sssssssttt....ssssssssssstttt....
i usually tap the gas like that when i see some pedestrians too haha

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2009, 10:17:16 AM »

i just grabbed some old rubber mat. cut a 3" piece and wrapped her around another 1" strip that went over where it was scratched already. bought two clamps for a couple bucks, and installed her. i didnt even have any else to install but i was soo excited that i ghetto installed it. i used zip ties to secure the breather tube and that other big ugly thing that goes on before the maf. and i didnt even have that bolt with the rubber bushing for the mounting braket so i zip tied that too. LOL i think today i will get some proper clamps. as for that bolt with the bushin the original owner still has it on his car, he will give it to me when he takes it off.
as for the chrome polish. i dont really care about appearance to much. a little degreasing hear and there is good enough for me

its wicked. glad its on the driver side too, because you can really hear it clearly with the windows down. i also like how when your idling, and you give it some gas you can hear the air being sucked in right b4 you hear the motor.

i think i might buy a K&N 3" filter for it tho

Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: July 04, 2009, 10:18:32 AM »

Hmm... Where exactly did you put it? Got any pics?

Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2009, 10:25:33 AM »

Man i love the way intakes sound, lol. I was a passenger in my own car the other day and WOW, it sounds totally different, but still awesome.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2009, 10:22:34 PM »

You guys are doing ricer fly by's and blipping the throttle at pedestrians?  Man, talk about trying to stay low key.  You guys are just like
this guy

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 04, 2009, 11:33:26 PM »

wow that is F up dont do that to pedestrians. If someone did that to me I would toss a rock through there windshield if I caught him on the stoplight/stop sign.

But yeah it sounds soo soo good. When i first got it I would just smash it up to speed limit. After awhile i got tired of it and I rarely notice it anymore unless I get on it to pass.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2009, 01:40:41 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
You guys are doing ricer fly by's and blipping the throttle at pedestrians?  Man, talk about trying to stay low key.  You guys are just like this guy.

hahaha i did it once. ok... twice. im not fucking with it anymore. im back to being my humble self and maintaining my car.

NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2009, 09:47:10 AM »

haha dude if i lost $800 in a race i would die hahaha
i have a DD i rarely ever show off... maybe tap it a few times here n there...

did he win that last race?

anyway.... fujita FTW !

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2009, 07:27:42 PM »

It's fun giving you guys shit.  I didn't bother watching that shit all the way through.  After about 45 seconds, I stopped watching it because I would have had to slice my wrists open because I couldn't live with myself for watching that steaming pile of shit that Mtv calls entertainment.  Back on topic though, the Fujita CAI is going to be the best option for you MAF'd guys, since it's the only CAI option.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2009, 10:15:11 PM »

hahah i didnt even bother. i clicked on it, watched about 30 secs and said fuck that! but tim you are difenetly quick to give shit or even correct. i will be on the look out for any mistakes you make even tho they are rare. lol
back on topic, i cant believe that the CAI made a noticeable difference in performance, and how QUIET it is. i thought intakes were more noise than anything. but this CAI has proved me wrong. FUJITA FTW!

fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2009, 10:21:31 PM »

i noticed on the stock hoses there were no clamps holding them in place. i guess rubber on plastic grip well. but rubber on a smooth surface i dont think would grip as well and might slide off. so i put zip ties. i was thinking about putting clamps on the hoses. here is a pic of the areas i am talking aboot...

Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2009, 12:03:08 AM »

My K&N was the same way with some of the hoses. There were no clamps, but I just used the OEM ones that were on the old intake, if they fit. For the idle air intake hose, I wasn't able to put on any clamps. Actually, The only clamps I were able to re-use were the ones for the blow-by that went from the engine to the big boxy thingy, lol.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012