Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:58:32 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1885698 times)
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #3825 on: August 11, 2011, 02:43:46 PM »

Swap my serpentine belt since the old one was cracking and I could see the metal under it. Also mounted my amps using screws, used larger screws for my subwoofer since it kept backing out the wood screws, and remounted my rear speaker using underside method.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: August 12, 2011, 07:44:15 PM »

Replaced my rear brake caliper it jammed on me  Took it apart and this it what i found mad had to replace rotor and caliper and pads due to the damage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3827 on: August 12, 2011, 10:40:32 PM »

That's not natural.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3828 on: August 12, 2011, 10:42:40 PM »

Happened to mine last week, and I changed my buddies about a month ago it seems the rear calipers on the J's are weak.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3829 on: August 12, 2011, 11:00:22 PM »

Actually, the J and K rear calipers are the same part.  True story!! Grin

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3830 on: August 12, 2011, 11:53:47 PM »

K's must be junk to then lol... I'm sure the small size has a lot to do with it.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3831 on: August 13, 2011, 12:04:10 AM »

Hahaha.  They probably are.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3832 on: August 14, 2011, 03:45:32 PM »

Replaced passenger CV axle... No more shaking so far so good.
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: August 14, 2011, 10:03:39 PM »

FAILed at the J pipe install... was plagued by the one bolt sydrome.  Spent damn near 10 hours today workin on the 6-6 puttin on Richie's V2 PCDs and V1 J pipe.  As I was unbolting the stock j pipe from the test pipe (3rd cat) one of the bolts seized and I couldnt get it off... no big deal.  I'll just bolt it back up when I'm done, take it to meineke and have them cut the bolt and replace the j pipe with the V1.  Then I went to work on the PCDs, got the front on out NO PROBLEM whatsoever.  The rear... was a pain in the dick, the whole time fighting over litterally less than a quarter inch, so i cut the heat shield off (the bolts were rusted beyond belief) and she slid right out.  Bolted up the PCDs, lined everything up (the O2 sensors were a pain too, the kept twisting up when I tried to twist them in, im lazy and did feel like disconnecting all four... so what who cares...  So final move of the night, went to bolt the stock j pipe up to the PCDs so I can atleast drive it to work tomorrow... and they dont line up exactly, and the bolts that I got have no wiggle room, so shes stayin on jackstands till tomorrow night and I'm takin dads Rento to work tomorrow... FML

On a lighter note, I decided that after all my hard work, I wanted to hear what the car sounded like running with just the PCDs and no pipe... so enjoy! haha
http://s1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc384/Rachko87/?action=view&current=2011-08-149520-25-3995109951.mp4
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 10:06:13 PM by accordguy04 » Logged

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3834 on: August 14, 2011, 10:14:39 PM »

That's not too bad.  I had my car on a dyno with an open header once.  That shit was fucking loud as hell.

Tim
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: August 14, 2011, 10:17:49 PM »

The vid def doesnt do it justice, haha.  Hearin how loud it was made todays mishaps ok with me. haha

UPDATE to my AWESOME week thus far:

So to make matters even worse, not only is my car still on jackstands, but last night I was runnin around in my mom's Forte pickin up parts all over town and when I came home last night I forgot to lock her car... she came out this morning and her GPS (which I bought her for her bday) and her briefcase for work are both missing.... @#)*%#@&$@)%*!@%! FML... HARD.  I mean seriously WHAT THE FUCK its still Monday.

FURTHER UPDATE:  Got the right bolts and got the stock j pipe bolted back up, so the car is driveable again.  Sounds REAL nice with the PCDs and the Borla Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  I think I have a slight exhaust leak, because the one bolt that seized on the test pipe is right on the bottom (the torque/pivot point of the exhaust) but its bareable until  I get the test pipe to j pipe gasket from richie (or if anyone else knows where I can get one, cause he's been kinda slow to get back to me, and id like it sooner than later).  Can't wait to hear how it sounds with the V1 j pipe as well, gonna be titties.  Oh and the butt dyno is goin CRAZY.  Just gotta wait til sloppy dyno day in sept or oct.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 08:34:28 PM by accordguy04 » Logged

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: August 21, 2011, 05:07:14 PM »

Changed my headlight bulbs since one was dying out on me. Painted my tail lights solid red, painted my front lip, and modded my grill. I'll post pics when I get a chance to wash her and if it stops fucking raining.

Sent from my phone using fat fingers.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: August 21, 2011, 05:25:22 PM »

Got the exhaust all situated.  Heres some vids of my '04 6-6 with Richie's V2 PCDs, V1 J pipe, Test pipe and Borla catback.  LOVE IT! Cheesy

-Ryan

accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: August 22, 2011, 08:54:26 AM »

Question for anyone that wants to help.  I noticed in the first vid (start up and rev) that if I rev it into the higher RPMs it makes a sucking sound on the down rev, sounds A LOT like a BOV... anyone have any idea what this sound is?  Is it bad for the engine?

-Ryan

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3839 on: August 22, 2011, 10:11:50 AM »

Did you only notice the noise in the video, or do you notice it when driving/revving your motor?

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012