Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 06:03:23 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RL 4 Piston Caliper Mod  (Read 25645 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2010, 12:48:26 AM »

Just be patient.  He's a very busy guy.  I know he'll get back to you as soon as he can. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2010, 11:32:41 AM »

Paul recommends '05 350z /w Brembo rotors.   His milling machine is down right now so it may be a bit till he can make the brackets, still waiting on mine to be made.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2010, 11:36:31 AM »

http://store.excelerateperformance.com/rotora/rotora_brake_rotors_slotted/r420762s/i-90407.aspx
http://store.excelerateperformance.com/rotora/rotora_brake_rotors_slotted/r420761s/i-97028.aspx

Those are the ones I got.  $250 shipped with coupon code.  
JDMJNKY

Reputation Power: 2
JDMJNKY pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2010, 12:05:03 AM »

Just be patient.  He's a very busy guy.  I know he'll get back to you as soon as he can. 

Yes sir! I understand! Paul did reply.....so Hopefully I can stack some more money, and get the brackets from him & rotors online  to implement my calipers too!

No can I add a topic here? what are you guys doing for the rear upgrade? and is anyone changing master cylinders or any other components when upgrading?

-Joel

Forgive & Forget, disrespect and redeem!!! Wink
JDMJNKY's ULTIMATE FOR SALE THREAD LISTING! <=== Click me
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2010, 12:31:19 AM »

I suggest getting Paul's rear BBK upgrade bracket. It extends your stock caliper, and you use the 03 Honda Pilot 12.2 rotors and whatever pads you want. Going with just a front BBK should be OK on your master but doing a rear BBK as well is overkill on your master and brake booster.
JDMJNKY

JDMJNKY pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2010, 01:53:34 AM »

Well my original plan was to go 11.3" In the rear iirc. If I were to choose both is there an upgrade to either BB or Mstr Cyl?

edit: damn Iphone posts
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 02:26:33 PM by JDMJNKY » Logged

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2010, 04:08:56 AM »

I actually have the RL's in the front and Pilot rotors in the rear.  So far I've been okay, but it's only been about 6 weeks.  I haven't upgraded the master cylinder or booster yet.  I haven't heard of anyone else changing out their master cylinder or booster yet.  What are other guys using Thien?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2010, 08:29:58 AM »

I've have my Wilwood kit in the front and Pilot rotors in the rear for almost a year with no need to upgrade anything...
JDMJNKY

JDMJNKY pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2010, 02:28:15 PM »

Alright.... I was just curious and potentially over planning. I'd rather be prepared than be caught off guard.

JDMJNKY

JDMJNKY pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2010, 12:48:27 AM »

a little behind the time curve but I ordered my brackets today from Paul. He said he'd ship monday! SO ECSTATIC! I'll buy rotors after a successful test fit.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2010, 07:09:49 AM »

You going to do the rear big brake upgrade too? 

Tim
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2010, 10:27:15 AM »

got my RL break setup on..now i need to tackle the rear with the pilot rotors and the relocating bracket for the stock calipers...the RL's feel so good....well worth the $$$

JDMJNKY

JDMJNKY pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2010, 03:31:10 AM »

You going to do the rear big brake upgrade too? 

In the future, I wish I was made of dough and could splurge like that. hehe How much does the rear run all said and done out the door?

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2010, 03:58:32 AM »

I did mine all at once and got the kit from someone second hand that changed his mind on installing it.  I know the rear rotors aren't that much if you don't get super expensive "racing" rotors.  I think Paul's brackets are like $120.  My guess is that you can do the rear upgrade for around $200.  I wish I was made of money too.  That would change a lot of things for me.

Tim
JDMJNKY

JDMJNKY pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2010, 10:58:27 PM »

No I loved slotted rears though! My fronts will be slotted, so if this kit clears my wheels I will proceed, If not gotta go another route. After the front success I will save for the rear & slotted rotors.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012