Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 08:55:15 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The K-Pro Thread  (Read 92991 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2009, 10:27:51 PM »

My K-Pro is connected to my OBDII port.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
neoryan7

Reputation Power: 1
neoryan7 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2009, 09:07:30 PM »

Okay again no pics? haha Would you like to help me out? Did you make a harness? Splice connect?

I think imma add a secondary port b/c I want to be able to read my auto tranny codes.

Thanks Tim, BTW what LED did you use for the MIL?
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2009, 09:38:05 PM »

I have been pretty lucky because Cham lives about 30 miles from me right now.  I have left up all the K-Pro troubleshooting up to him.  When he changed my OBDII port from my Accord ECU to my K-Pro ECU, all he did was create an open on one wire, and re-pin another wire into the K-Pro ECU.  The MIL was just a regular old pre-wired 3mm LED.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
neoryan7

neoryan7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2009, 02:01:04 PM »

Can you get specifics Tim? Like what pin to where? Pretty Please?

Thanks
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2009, 02:44:05 PM »

Wish I could.  Like I said, Cham did all of this.  My only role was to make the wires look neat and to solder and heat shrink connections.  As soon as Cham gets back into town, I will see if he is able to provide some more details.

Tim
k24cm_5
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
k24cm_5 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2009, 01:51:27 AM »

please do.

neoryan7

neoryan7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2009, 05:54:08 AM »

figured out the obd2 stuff.  You need to pin the kpro ecu at E23 which is the "KLine" and splice connect it to Pin #7 on the obd2 port.

ALSO I removed the IACV pin from the Kpro and attached the stock ecu's IACV instead. So far it idles nicely but I haven't driven it yet. I did this because its hot in Cali and I need my ac to run right in traffic. This is similar to how the tsx and s2000 have it. BUT if your going to do this too you will need to disable the idle control valve setting in Kmanager, save, and upload the calibration.

There is a better solution to the AC problem though. In the S2000, you can select "use alternate AC output" and from what i understand the kpro will work with the idle up and enrichment like stock for you. The problem is I dont know how the s2000 Hondata harness is wired up.

So, if anyone out there has a friend with a kpro'ed S2000 can you grab some pics of the connections? The ones available online aren't doing it.

Thanks, and rant off!
msedacca

msedacca pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2009, 11:36:48 PM »

Ok neo i have that huge problem as well. At idle my A/C blows straight engine air (which can be hot during the summer in the south). Its on the E block of pins just swapping those around and then disable the IACV in kmanager? Maybe i didn't read it right

Sex should be like driving a honda....
slow, obnoxious, and loud enough for everyone to hear.
I'm a huge newb with cars, but I just happen to have a turbo.
turbHO
neoryan7

neoryan7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2009, 06:53:16 PM »

well you can do this, unplug the Pin on the hondata ecu (A12) on the gray connector. Reconnect that pin to the accord's stock A12 pin. Turn off the IACV in Kmanager. Upload. Let comp do the idle learn, (unplug battery for 5 or so min, reconnect and start the car let idle for about 15min). My car got a little better the more i drove it but sometimes it blows warm air. Its not a perfect fix. you might want to add more fuel in the area of the map where its being used in Kpro. Some TSX guys have had better success with a target lambda of 13.1.

This is because the car tends to run a lil lean with the AC on. I dont think Kpro compensates for that like the stock oem ecu does. I havent tried adding fuel yet But you are turboed so be careful with this stuff.
msedacca

msedacca pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2009, 09:49:49 PM »

My tuner and I did that at idle and added fuel. It's hard to compensate because you can't have two maps for "A/C on" and "A/C off" for example. It's fine because it'll keep the engine turning over, but its almost as if the A/C compressor is trying to kick over at idle and can't.

The only side effect is that it runs a little more rich at idle with the A/C off which is no huge deal. Kpro has a hard time compensating at idle and some of the small things in general, such as ignition timing.

Sex should be like driving a honda....
slow, obnoxious, and loud enough for everyone to hear.
I'm a huge newb with cars, but I just happen to have a turbo.
turbHO
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2009, 10:25:16 PM »

Single ECU solution on the way......... Update Friday or Saturday.

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2009, 10:57:41 PM »

That sounds killer Paul. Can't wait for what comes out of your lab.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
neoryan7

neoryan7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2009, 04:34:23 AM »

Yay Paul!

I have the ETM and have been reviewing the AC and Idle schematics. I found out that the ALTF wasn't connected from the stock ecu to the harness. From what i read online, its the charging signal. The stock ecu will be able to compare its ELV(connected) and the charging cycle, ALTF(not connected). Supposedly the ecu compares the two and if there is a difference the stock ecu will activate the iacv, which couldn't be opened because it wasn't connected. I feel that I am so close sometimes but it never seems to work...
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2009, 08:44:44 AM »

Hey Nexson, job opertunity......

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2009, 12:29:31 PM »

NICE!!!! RSX Gauge? Where do I sign up lol?

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012