Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 07:04:07 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The K-Pro Thread  (Read 93015 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2009, 12:49:01 AM »

I forgot to mention that this modification only took about an hour to complete, including running the wire for the LED.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
neoryan7

Reputation Power: 1
neoryan7 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2009, 03:37:39 AM »

Aww no diy pics? So basically you stuck another LED into the same "cell" as the MIL?
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2009, 11:24:47 AM »

Yeah, I know.  I didn't take any pics.  It was one of those last minute mods that I was just doing because I had a few hours to kill while waiting for Cham to show up.  You are correct though.  I basically covered the OEM LED and put the KPro CEL LED in the same "cell" as the OEM CEL.  It's all fairly simple when you get everything apart and see what you're dealing with.  I may take things apart to try and take pics for you guys if I have any time.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
k24cm_5
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
k24cm_5 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2009, 02:34:41 PM »

would i be able to switch my dbw to a cable tb? and i can do that would i be able to use the kpro or its not that easy

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2009, 05:51:38 PM »

I would wait a bit.  I know Cham is trying to try and adapt his harness for the K24A8's.

Tim
hondaguy214

hondaguy214 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2009, 06:09:41 PM »

tim that sunday that im up there cham can get a go at my car. i also was wondering if you would do something for me. while im up there.

NECM SQUAD#6
k24cm_5
Fucking Newb

k24cm_5 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2009, 07:31:00 PM »

ok im going to just wait them

ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2009, 09:01:32 AM »

just FYI

http://www.gen7accord.net/forum/topics/fs-kpro-harness

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2009, 04:37:48 PM »

accord is wideband OE Type - Exact Fit; 4 Wire; Wideband A/F; Upstream Sensor; Check / Replace Interval: 100,000 Miles

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
xodus

xodus pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2009, 05:35:22 PM »

for the o2 sensor not sure if its a wideband this should help .. being that its an oe part... that should mean that the denso would be a wide band.. and could save people money

Bosch Oxygen Sensor

Part No. 15400

OE Type - Exact Fit; 4 Wire; Wideband A/F; Upstream Sensor; Check / Replace Interval: 100,000 Miles

LS2 GTO =)
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2009, 02:37:42 PM »

No updates on Kpro on k24a8 yet?

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2009, 04:00:17 PM »

No time for development.  I've found a K24A8 for Cham to test on, but scheduling is always an issue.

Tim
msedacca

msedacca pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2009, 02:07:35 PM »

Just to add my two cents into the pot.

I've had kpro on my turbo accord for 2 1/2 years now, zero problems. I figured out the VTC problem before cham realized it, and it was a very easy fix, just resplicing a wire. I had access to a bunch of stock wiring diagrams, but they're on my other computer that's in storage.

If there ever came a time that Cham didn't want to make any of these anymore, his harness can be easily reproduced if someone knows how to pin wires (which I have no clue on). Steven(JBLAccord from awhile back) and I had gone through the idea of making them, and as you know Cham is basically unreachable (he still has my 6spd I paid him for 6 months ago sitting somewhere).

Kpro is better than anything else available. My car was tuned with smaller turbo, less psi, and generally an inferior setup to another Accord running the RTC kit on the same day at the same time on the same dyno and mine made 15whp more. That's all the proof that you can ever need that it's a better EMS.

I guess the big issue would be the DBW and getting around it. I don't know if its possible to isolate it because it acts like the TPS if I'm not mistaken. That's more of a question for skip/tim/paul/cham, because the TPS is a pretty important part of the power equation, unless maybe you could trick the stock ECU/Kpro into thinking it was a TPS. What about maybe even using a TSX ECU instead of a PRB/PRC ECU? Just some thoughts.

Sex should be like driving a honda....
slow, obnoxious, and loud enough for everyone to hear.
I'm a huge newb with cars, but I just happen to have a turbo.
turbHO
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2009, 06:39:52 PM »

interesting. Hey could you post up the pinout chart? I want to see how difficult it is. I have some experience in electronics class. soo lets see if I learned anything lol

And it is a wideband for the o2. I checked out my friend o2 and when to honda to pick it up.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
neoryan7

neoryan7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2009, 08:18:13 PM »

I wonder if we can get an kpro hooked up to the odb2 port or have another one just for the kpro. I was reading the hondata install manual for the tsx and it said it was possible. So that way we dont have to take out the ecu when it comes time for smog. This idea is appealing to me because i live in Cali and dont want to unplug/uninstall it everytime.

http://www.carplugs.com/Product_list_Connectors_1.html

That way cars equipped with kpros will be one step closer to being oem in performance.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012