Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 01:44:20 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 600RR or Race Engine  (Read 6583 times)
msedacca

Reputation Power: 0
msedacca pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2009, 11:28:32 PM »

Here I am at a crossroads, and like I did before with the turbo setup on my car, like good ol Skippy taught me, map out what you're doing before you do it.

I'm back working at my job again, after paying back my mom, I'm making 3x what I need to live off of per month. All my debts are paid so I essentially look at that money as surplus (potential savings). I'll point out that my car already makes 300whp @8.5psi on a t3/t4 60 trim turbo in its current state. That's on a stock motor with very few other internal or engine modifications.

At this point I have two options.

#1- I can buy Skippy's engine that he built and is selling and beef up my car significantly. Even if I do that I will most likely pursue a second form of transportation because I don't want a race engine equipped accord as my only form of getting to work. With his engine I could easily shoot for 500whp or greater, new turbo, cleaning up the cosmetics on the interior and exterior. I already have a TSX 6spd with LSD that cham built for me ready to be installed when I can get some time off. Obviously he has stripped it down some and I would add back those things and potentially modify it more. This would be a longer term project.

#2- My more favored options right now is to buy a slightly used 600 or 600RR. New they are going for $8500 and used is around $6000 depending upon what I can find. I don't really want to get a new one because I'll end up dropping it, no doubt about that. I'll obviously take an instruction course about riding. I know there is possible injury here, but recent events in my life have taught me to live everyday to the fullest.

Give me your honest input.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 11:51:20 PM by msedacca » Logged

Sex should be like driving a honda....
slow, obnoxious, and loud enough for everyone to hear.
I'm a huge newb with cars, but I just happen to have a turbo.
turbHO
BliNx197

Reputation Power: 7
BliNx197 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 11:42:35 PM »

Thats not exactly a race engine and 500whp seems like a high expectation but shit 350-400whp is a definite expectation. I voted for the k20/k24. Itll be an even more fun vehicle and a hell of a lot safer than a bike!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 12:54:44 PM by BliNx197 » Logged
msedacca

msedacca pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 11:47:31 PM »

I'll add this in the main post but I already make 300whp on 8.5pounds of boost on a basically stock motor.

turbHO
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 11:51:55 PM »

I voted for for the k20/k24 as well. Maybe it's just because I'm infatuated with wanting to mod my own CM. :P

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 06:49:10 AM »

I voted for the bike. Any more power than what you already have and you'll have a tough time driving the thing around. From what I understand, Cham only takes his car for spirited freeway runs and that's about it. It rarely moves since he can't put the power down. Besides, I'd love to have a bike myself but knowing me, I'll wrap myself around a tree so I live through others and their bikes.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 08:23:58 AM »

I'd say buy the motor. You will have a beast of a car, and you know damn well if Skippy built it it's going to be top notch!
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 10:02:25 AM »

I voted Car. I've had bikes in the past and had the itch to get one again recently but steered clear, I have a fam to think about and even though I've never laid one down it doesnt mean some jackass won't pull out in front of me. I dont want to end up wrecking and fucking dieing or living my life in a wheel chair, I've seen it happen.
Knocturnal84

Reputation Power: 4
Knocturnal84 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 10:46:25 AM »

K20/K24 motors could be modded to make 300 350 hp alone with te rigth equipment. so 500 plus is no problem.

i cant decide because a bike is alsooo fun to have around and parking is the friggin best.

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
FLCM #6 Tallahassee Subsquad Leader
#6 on the PHI line of the Seshait Chapter of Alpha Rho Chi
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 10:47:10 AM »

If there was a "Save my money and open a saving account" option that is what I'd vote for.  You already have a 300 whp turboed Accord, what more do you need?  Think about the future!
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 12:07:56 PM »

Race motor motherfucker.  You'll die on a bike.  Blinx, how is 500 hp a high expectation from a built K24/K20A2?  You act like it's never been done before, when there's a guy that's built a 560 whp K24 already.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
v6sicksspeed

v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 12:30:20 PM »

diversify.  get the bike.  i rode on my buddies 600cbr this weekend and that shit was fuuuuuuuun

J u s t i n
BliNx197

BliNx197 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 01:11:49 PM »

I act like a 500whp is a high expectation based on what Chams engine is: a resleeved (I believe, and correct me if Im wrong about that) and aftermarket internals and valvetrain Turbo k20/k24 and the fact that from what he is selling Skips is a OEM k24 (with block guard) and OEM internals and aftermarket valvetrain. Not sure if its been assembled so Im not bagging on Skips work just doubting the k24s OEM sleeves and OEM internals' abilities. If it hasnt been then theres always upgrades but from what Mike's talking about with what Skip is selling I dont think 500whp is achievable safely, especially based off the Piston and Rods in there.
msedacca

msedacca pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 01:29:31 PM »

Let's not argue about what Skip's engine can or cannot make. If I make 450whp, so be it, w/e. It's more of a building block that I can go from there.

The whole point of this entire thread is to look for opinions, options, and thoughts. It seems more people are leaning towards the race motor because of the safety of the bike, which is understandable. To put it all in perspective financially, I make 6k a month now, and I only need roughly 2k-2.5k to live pretty lavishly and pay rent, utilities, insurance, etc. It's not like the money is burning a hole in my pocket, but I want to work hard and play hard too.

I really want the bike because it's a new form of entertainment and its a diversification in my life, like someone stated above

turbHO
BliNx197

BliNx197 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 03:05:28 PM »

Im not tryna argue about Skips motor just wanted to state why I said that, shit I hope you do make 500whp thatll give us future F/I guys something to shoot for!

But if your looking to diversify, I do wanna ask the question, whats the other transportation your looking at? JW, cuz whose to say you cant have a bike and a reliable k20/k24 turbo Accord!?
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 03:12:48 PM »

Quote from: "msedacca"
To put it all in perspective financially, I make 6k a month now, and I only need roughly 2k-2.5k to live pretty lavishly and pay rent, utilities, insurance, etc.

I'm just under that and I can't make it LOL

Honestly now that I've had time to think about it, I would get the bike and leave the car alone, hell dude 300whp on an Accord and a bike??? Hells yeah!  :twisted:
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012