Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 09:35:23 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got into a little accident  (Read 6509 times)
NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« on: May 23, 2009, 08:53:03 AM »

ok, so i hopped on the new jersey turnpike headed northbound....crusin along doing like 65-70 and before i know it someone directly in front of me swerves hard to the left, unfortunately i couldnt do the same or else i would have sideswiped the person next to me

BAMMM !!!!

hit a larger onject that was in the middle of the middle lane at crusing speed
2 other cars pulled over and had some minor damage from hitting it also
i pull over not thinking it was anything serious and was I wrong, so the police filed a report, i called insurance and now next thursday io have to go to some garage to get an inspection and quote for the damages

i had a $300 deductable, it appears now that i would need only a new front bumper...no other damage was seen...but i havent seen under the car
what are my options as far as picking a new bumper ?
i have the 04 LX Sedan I4, i never thought about buying a new bumper, will other years fit or does it make sence to try to do a front lip now at  the same time ?
not sure how this works with insurance, i assume they would get the oem part, paint it, install it....and charge me out the ass, can i elect to add the lip and just have that painted too??

anyone ever run into a situation like this? do i have a choice what happens with picking the bumper ?

thanks...this happened last night at 820pm

what should i do !

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

NWINNIE34

NWINNIE34 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 09:05:23 AM »

noticed this might wanna be moved to the exterior styling folder
im dealing with a tiny ass 8" laptop  at my friends house haha
my bad

insurance / sedan front bumper question

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 09:18:50 AM »

id get 06-07 bumper and get inspire foglights

once you get estimate, they should give you check for that amount. get whatever you want.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 09:24:15 AM by AV6NHBP6SPD » Logged

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 09:20:42 AM »

First of all, your insurance company is there to pay for the damage and what you pay is the $300 deductable.  They will return your car to the condition that it was in before the accident, so you won't be able to get them to pay for a lip, unless you're just looking to buy one outright and have it installed with the new bumper.  In my experience with insurance companies, they will most likely get an aftermarket bumper since it's cheaper than OEM.  Insurance companies are cheap bastards and will try to cut costs as much as possible, so don't expect OEM Honda parts.  Check the local laws concerning insurance and your insurance company's policy, because that stuff varies from state to state and company to company.  For the record, the 03-05 bumper is a direct replacement and the 06-07 bumper will fit, but you need to get a new grille.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
NWINNIE34

NWINNIE34 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 09:31:20 AM »

interesting,

yeah i know the deal with what i have to pay and everything
so i guess this is a better question for my insurance company
if i can pick what i want

the 06-07 would be sweet, i would def get fogs if i did that option, then again i dont wanna have to buy a whole new upper and lower grill.... that part sucks

AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 09:40:07 AM »

when my mom hit another car (not her fault), other guys insuriance company cut us a check and told us do whatever with it(we fixed it ourself since it was not much damage anyway.

so ask for a check if possible. what insuriance company you have?
most of time copany pays another shop to do it so its not like they have body shop that do repairs so its possible you get check

Misha
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 10:00:56 AM »

Soime insurance companies will not cut you a check if you owe money on the car also. Because you are not technically the owner. In my case the cut me a check, and I did what I wanted if you want OEM honda parts you can pay the extra money, and get them.
NWINNIE34

NWINNIE34 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 10:33:24 AM »

i still owe like 8k on the car
allstate is my insurance

im gonna have to call the insurance guy back and see what my options are
regardless, someones bike fell off their car and caused me a $300 out of pocket headache
sucks

K24power07

Reputation Power: 3
K24power07 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 10:49:09 AM »

Man that sucks , but  Most likely when they give you the estimate they will right u a check by law u have the right to go anywhere u want to get ur car fix no questions asked just like AV6NHBP6SPD said,......well in NJ is , dont know about other states....

\_(Azn)_/
  United we Stand, Divided we Fall !!!!
       http]
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 12:46:42 PM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
Soime insurance companies will not cut you a check if you owe money on the car also. Because you are not technically the owner. In my case the cut me a check, and I did what I wanted if you want OEM honda parts you can pay the extra money, and get them.

car doesnt belong to insuriance company so they have no right to tell you where to go. they might only pay rate that their body shop approves but thats about it. if its not your car then you have to have comp and collision coverage

Misha
NWINNIE34

NWINNIE34 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 06:23:03 PM »

i think i might go with the 06-07 bumper and do fog lights.... im thinking i might be able to trim down my upper grill to have it the right size.... same with my lower grill

just to make 100% sure

the 06-07 bumper fits perfectly on the 04 accord?
i think this might be my best bet

or this possibly
http://www.duraflexbodykitstore.com/200 ... -2136.html
kinda like it... kinda flashy for me tho

CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 07:40:16 PM »

Damn bro sorry to hear about your little accident... GL on the fix!

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
NWINNIE34

NWINNIE34 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 06:01:26 PM »

random question....

i have an 04 sedan 4cyl with fujita CAI

will getting the 06-07 bumper without the 2 corner hole grill pieces effect water getting near my CAI filter?
or is that area alone and kept to itself?
never saw of dealt with the 06-07 bumper

eventually i will do fogs... just wanna make sure i will be fine with no fogs and no grill pieces

Jade06

Reputation Power: 0
Jade06 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 12:58:25 PM »

Sorry to hear about the accident man, that's some crazy stuff. Good luck on getting a new bumper.

+1 on the fogs, I wanna get some as well...

Latin2nr

Latin2nr pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 08:55:32 PM »

Quote from: "NWINNIE34"
random question....

i have an 04 sedan 4cyl with fujita CAI

will getting the 06-07 bumper without the 2 corner hole grill pieces effect water getting near my CAI filter?
or is that area alone and kept to itself?
never saw of dealt with the 06-07 bumper

eventually i will do fogs... just wanna make sure i will be fine with no fogs and no grill pieces

Always hate to see shit like that happen to our CM's, glad you can walk away from that.
To your question: It's OK to put an 06/07 bumper with or without the inserts, water won't get to the CAI,
remember your gonna have to get the grille to match.
 If your gonna put fogs latter you should consider getting a bumper with the fog inserts that way you don't have to play around with cutting it up.

Life's A Drift, Hang On Never Look Back

EliteCM/NYCM Squad   Team CrazyCreashunz   AutoClubNation.Com
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012