Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 08:43:03 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: fender pulling  (Read 4869 times)
driveaccord

Reputation Power: 3
driveaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: April 06, 2009, 11:22:44 AM »

id like a little info on this too if anyone could share

exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 11:28:24 AM »

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=195 This has been up for a while now in wheels and tires

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 11:31:01 AM »

You can take a lead pipe and jack the car up and roll them slowly that way, I would reccomend putting painters tape on your fenders to prevent paint from chipping

you can kinda pry it out. from what i am told. i know that works on the rears. im not really sure how to pull the fenders in the front

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
stirfriedferret

Reputation Power: 2
stirfriedferret pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 11:51:47 AM »

Lol.  You're going to pull your fenders? I thought we had a discussion about this at Saigon Eden and you said it wouldn't look good. :O

driveaccord

driveaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 12:00:23 PM »

we need tim to chime in here.....thx for the input so far.....and newspapers between the wheel and fender?Huh? what the hell...LOL

Slammedk24

Reputation Power: 1
Slammedk24 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 12:40:13 PM »

I just litterally pulled my front fenders and on the rears I made relief cuts on the flnge and then used a pipe and just worked around the well

Tory
"Low and Slow"
OTSB708
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
OTSB708 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 02:56:05 PM »

In the old days we just used a baseball bat with plenty of blue painters tape on the fender.  I dunno if I would try that now though.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 09:44:14 PM »

This really should have been posted in the Exterior Styling forum.

I think you guys may be confusing rolling and pulling fenders, which are two different things.  When I pulled my fenders in the front, I literally just pulled them out gently.  It takes time because the metal has memory and will try to go back to the old shape.  I can understand the newspaper thing, but I think the only "correct" way to do it would be to remove your fenders and actually use metal working tools to shape them.  Obviously, that's not exactly a practical way to do it.  If you're looking for a little more clearance, just gently pull your fenders a little at a time until you get the clearance you need.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
driveaccord

driveaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 09:03:34 PM »

thx tim and everyone else for posting here.....i guess ill be pulling on my front fenders then when i get my basics

mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 11:49:20 PM »

Check out some auto shops in your area. I know there are a couple shops around here that do that...

pay ~200 and have a guarantee its done right (and the fact that they have experience) > try to diy and possibly bend it to far, or having something go wrong...

iono, just my 2 cents

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 12:24:56 PM »

My experience has been that whenever you go to a regular auto body shop and ask them to do custom work they:
[list type=A][li]look at you like you're a fucking retard[/li]
[li]act like they don't know what you're talking about[/li]
[li]tell you they can't do it[/li]
[li]quote you some ridiculously expensive price for the work[/li]
[li]say they can't guarantee any custom work[/li][/list]

My recommendation is to either do it yourself if you are a DIY type of person and don't usually fuck shit up, or if you're not, go to a "custom" body shop.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Slammedk24

Reputation Power: 1
Slammedk24 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 01:26:29 PM »

+1

Tory
"Low and Slow"
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 05:47:24 PM »

well that's just the problem Tim, your going to " a regular body shop"...i guess i should of specified that i'm referring to going to an import shop or something. Maybe y'all don't have as many as we do here, but there is a shop for just about everything here....want to bag your car to the point where the frame is literally dragging?...well there are shops for that here lol

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 10:16:26 PM »

Custom shops are few and far between up here in MA because most people just don't want to mod their cars since the roads suck ass.  I guess that's the difference between Boston and Houston.  I've ran into this problem at pretty much every shop I've gone to, so I just ended up taking matters into my own hands with the guidance of a friend of mine that does "regular old body work".

Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012