Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 05:28:09 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blackhouse headlights and paint grill  (Read 5617 times)
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2009, 07:44:53 PM »

I will be receiving my OEM headlights tomorrow, and opening them up to blackhouse them. I will be taking the insides of the headlights and the grill, to get them professionally painted. My question is should I paint them(grill and headlights) Graphite Pearl to match my car or Nighthawk Black Pearl. I will be leaving the turn signal parts of the headlights silver for better light output. The only reason that I am considering Nighthawk Black Pearl is that it would go with my tints and tinted tails. Flat black is not an option, too plain for my taste. What do you guys think Graphite Pearl or Nighthawk Black Pearl. I'm quite torn b/w the two  :sad:  ?

Here is a pic of my car at the moment:

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 07:50:54 PM »

I would do the GP grille just keep the oem body color flow.
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 08:03:24 PM »

hmm good point, what should I do with the headlights? Would it be too much to paint them GP as well?

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 08:07:52 PM »

Quote from: "Paulius005"
hmm good point, what should I do with the headlights? Would it be too much to paint them GP as well?

It depends how much you love GP. IMO, it would be hardly noticible as a GP housing until you get real close to it infront of sun light. I'd stick with black house to keep it contrasted somehow, somewhere in the car.
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 08:46:15 PM »

Yeah the black housed headlights could go with the foglight plastic and the tinted windows and such

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 10:35:53 PM »

I think it's all a matter of personal preference.  Either one would look good.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 10:53:35 PM »

It most definitely is, but I was really torn and just bouncing ideas off people helps. (Most of my friends and GF could really care less about cars, so I come here to make most of my decisions and it really does help). And my gf already thinks my car is "pretty" lol so she's not much help lol Cheesy

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 10:59:45 PM »

If it were me, I would go for black over color matching.  You need contrast somewhere.  I wouldn't want to be washed out in a sea of graphite pearl.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 02:12:11 AM »

Quote from: "Paulius005"
It most definitely is, but I was really torn and just bouncing ideas off people helps. (Most of my friends and GF could really care less about cars, so I come here to make most of my decisions and it really does help). And my gf already thinks my car is "pretty" lol so she's not much help lol Cheesy
i know exactly what your talking about. not too many people in my life share the same interest about cars either. but you should difenetly paint the headlights black you will never regret it! IMO

fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 02:12:59 AM »

Quote from: "Ryann84425"
I would do the GP grille just keep the oem body color flow.
+1

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 07:42:38 AM »

I really think that I would go black on the grill, and the headlights. I test fitted a color matched grill on my car friday, and IMO I wasn't very happy with the look at all. From a distance it sort of takes away the seperation of the hood, and the bumper the result of which is losing "body line" in the font of the car.
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 02:04:59 PM »

But I think it does work on an 06 gp car, if you look at mec23's car in the
Pictures section I think it looks nice and I'm getting a lip soon too so I think it'll work:)

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 09:10:33 PM »

Here is my housing in progress, left the

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 10:44:28 PM »

You should complete your thought.  Looks good though.

Tim
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 12:22:53 AM »

:oops: , but thanks Tim!

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: