Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 12:19:56 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 Acura RL  (Read 5733 times)
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2010, 11:23:30 AM »

Check the link for write up and pics. I don't like it, looks like an old Mitzu Galant.

Under the hood there is a 3.7-liter SOHC V-6 engine that develops 300 HP and 271 lb-ft of torque thanks to an innovative VTEC valvetrain system. The engine is mated to an all-new Sequential SportShift 6-speed automatic transmission that features a new multi-clutch torque converter which not only has a higher maximum torque rating, but also has a new converter lock-up assembly. Shifting is achieved with the use of the console mounted straight gate shifter or the racing-inspired paddle shifters mounted at the back of the steering wheel. All trims come with Acura’s Super Handling all-wheel drive system.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/acura/2011-acura-rl-ar101783.html

« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 11:25:38 AM by slipkord » Logged
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 11:29:17 AM »

They need a V8.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 11:30:47 AM »

Don't like it.  Would much rather prefer the TL Type S with the SH-AWD

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
slipkord
Veteran

slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 11:33:08 AM »

Don't like it.  Would much rather prefer the TL Type S with the SH-AWD
Hopefully 2012 they'll redesign the type S - at least better looking than the RL
Mr Eazy

Reputation Power: 8
Mr Eazy pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 11:49:42 AM »

Like all of the newer Honda and Acura Products, they look like shit at first glance but then the subtle styling cues kick in and most of the products become somewhat alluring. This RL however, needed to be fully reworked when the designers gave it a face and ass lift. The face lift looks like crap but the ass looks nice in person and in the right color. But WTF was honda/acura thinking by leaving the same "body" on this "flagship" sedan for so many years without a real change to compete with the other makes.

Honda definitely needs a V8 to come back to competition against even the likes of Hyundai. But sadly I doubt that Honda will produce a V8 for passenger vehicles.  Cry

Arie
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 11:50:32 AM »

I'm not a fan of the Shield design.  Arie showed me a color matched shield, much better looking in my opinion.  Also, don't like those two lower louvers they've got underneath the Acura logo.  I don't know what they're thinking.  

NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 12:10:14 PM »

Agreed a smaller bore 4.5ish LTR V8 would be nice, but the amount of total redesign needed probably keeps them from doing it.

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 12:33:06 PM »

I've always loved the RL and this one is no difference.  Too bad they are so rare to see around here. 
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 07:07:44 PM »

I still say its FUGLY. The "flagship" needs a larger engine than its smaller sibling. Preferably of the V8 variety. Honda designers need to put the crack pipe down.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 10:05:48 PM »

I know all the current Acura's are fugly, but I also know they are pretty awesome to drive.  That being said, I'd take the previous RL, get some nice wheels and make a cruiser.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 10:18:49 PM »

I Can see that car in V.i.p mode with a lip kit and rims  Afro reminds me of Mercedes-Benz

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 10:48:08 PM »

That's all it would really be good for.  Bippu Style is best suited for a car that heavy.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
slipkord
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 05:02:28 AM »

http://blog.caranddriver.com/acura-will-keep-flagship-sedan-conservative-may-add-high-end-sporty-vehicle-to-lineup/

Check this out...Acura shooting down the v8 idea and talking about an nsx replacement  Wink
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 07:26:24 AM »

I'm not a fan of this RL at all... Honda's designs are going downhill IMO
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012