Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 04:38:26 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] Pascal  (Read 59992 times)
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2015, 12:13:57 AM »

So, here is my install of my cheap 4 channel amp in my car, used a 4 gauge power wire and 12 gauge speaker wires
I'll comment before some of the pictures:

Passed the wire through the rubber thing that the oem harness used, but could not get it to fit in the middle part, so I made is pass beside it.

The amplifier itself, with the ski flap taking quite some space, it was a tight spot to fit the amp, even tho it is really small.

My Rockford fosgate punch front speakers, mounted using a plastic adapter that makes the speaker fit the factory location.

I had a surprise on the driver side, it is not a rubber boot like the passenger side, it is a solid connector, so I could not pass a wire there. No problem, I removed the door, drilled a hole and passed the wire through it with a rubber sleeve to protect the wire.

The rear speaker speakers wired, the speakers I bought used few weeks ago.

The final installation, using high level signal wires as the input. The sound was awful worse than stock, and as a bonus, i had some electrical noise, could even hear the turn signal relay clicking in the speakers

So i decided to do a test before throwing the amp in the trash, I hooked up my ipod to the rca inputs. Oh my god the difference ! the sound was now loud and clear, no more whine when the engine is running. I'll order a lc6i soon and hook it up. It should make a huge improvement. I wanted to test the hi level input and all I can say is that it suck, a lot.

And I also ditched the Hellastock stickers for some nice EliteCM.net ones.

Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2015, 09:22:01 AM »

Went to the car wash, while I was waiting in the line, checked around the car for rust spots. Damn it's getting outta control. I'll have to save for getting the roof and rear quarter done soon. the doors and trunk will wait, since they can be changed without issue. Might do some touch up on the rear door to dissimulate it a bit. Damn that sucks, that's what it is living in canada ....

Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2015, 09:26:32 AM »

Anyways, still will all this rust, I still think it looks nice overall, much better than the average accord over here.

Ill have to fix my driver headlight, the clear on it is pretty much shot, i'll use my 3M headlight kit on this one and wax it afterward.

Also, I just finished my semester, so I'm going back to my parent's place for the summer, where the garage is. This means that the nice stuff will start to happen Cheesy

Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2015, 02:36:37 PM »

Moogs link kit freshly greased up with the new gun I bought. Will install them at the same time I swap for my summer tires. No more suspension noise !

They seems so have a better tightening and loosening design than what the oem got with the allen key. hope these will hold up better then my previous non-oem ones.

(these are slightly used ones btw)

Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 21, 2015, 11:14:32 PM »

Installed my front suspension, now stuck on the rear, can't remove the shock bolt, stuck in the sleeve like my front was last summer. ordered the bolt and should finish tomorrow. For now my car looks funny. Hard to believe this is the highest setting for the fronts, really don't see myself going any lower.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: April 22, 2015, 02:53:57 PM »

It will level out some when you get the rear lowered.

It's fairly common for bolts to seize in the bushing sleeve. I usually just buy all new bolts before I start any sort of project like that since they are prone to seizing.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 22, 2015, 03:56:56 PM »

Yeah I bought two bolt (one for each side), but turns out i got one side out without cutting, we'll see on the other side.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2015, 08:34:11 AM »

Good luck.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 25, 2015, 09:14:32 AM »

Went ahead and did the rears too, with spare bolts in case I'd need to cut them. I succeeded removing the bolt on the passenger side but not the driver side, i replaced the bolts anyways since I have them and kept the old good one in my bag of spare bolts. So my car is at the highest of the 2 rings up front and the rear is at the middle of the 3 rings.

Nice rust ! the caliper and rotor paint didn't last long either.

this tool was pretty useful to get the bolt out.

Much better, isn't it !

Final result, and some pictures.

Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 25, 2015, 09:16:26 AM »

Installed my oem decklid spoiler, felt quite weird to drill the trunk lol.

Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 25, 2015, 09:43:19 AM »

Installed my 60A innovative mounts, wasn't to bad to install since most of the bolt where removed from my swap, rear is the hardest to get but with a swivel and an extension it's not that bad. What is bad this is the vibration, holy shiet, I did not expect that at all. they say it gets better over time but it still is pretty extreme ! I did a video about it, showing how much much it vibrates inside the car.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc162VuGvRU

Here are the pictures :
Used my engine lift but the jack under the transmission was the most effective way in the end.

I removed all the lines for the vacuum front mount, left the valve thing there tho

I did buy the real cap that goes behind the intake manifold but lost it, so I made this thing, still works.

Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 25, 2015, 05:39:39 PM »

Found a oil leak on my K24A2, seems to be from the oil pressure switch, I'll take my spare one from my old A4.

Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 25, 2015, 05:41:48 PM »

Installed my roof lip too.

Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 25, 2015, 05:50:58 PM »

Tried putting weight to see if i like it better with the rear lower, so I got in order : None, 200lbs, 400lbs
I personally prefer the 200lbs setup. I'll try go go a notch lower when I get my camber kit on.

That camber tho XD

ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2015, 07:37:26 AM »

Seeing that video with the vibrations makes me glad I stuck with oem mounts.  Screw that!

I'm surprised you screwed the deck lip spoiler on.  Most people just use 3m tape. 

Good work overall!
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012