Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 03:57:54 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Low beam and high beams  (Read 3631 times)
AccordEX
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
AccordEX pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2014, 09:53:59 PM »

Sorry if their is a topic about this, but been looking and couldnt find it. Quick question, is it possible to have high beams on without turning on my low beams? I bought the daytime running lights, so i think it will look good when parked and having only the running lights on.

A man once told me... if ummm.... forgot.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 09:33:53 AM »

So, you want to have your high beams on or you want to have daytime running lights?

On 06-07 Accords, the DRL's use the high beam bulbs but they are dimmed by lowering the power that goes to them.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 10:54:15 AM »

All Canadian's 7th gen versions have DRL on high beams and they do are dimmed and they don't like having LED in them if that was your intention. I can get you some photos of what it looks like if you want to.

AccordEX
Fucking Newb

AccordEX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 12:26:36 PM »

I have leds on my high beams so it lowered the power. Yeah only high beams on, if I'm driving in the morning. Or if parked. 

Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 01:21:58 PM »

Do you have a DRL light on your cluster ? On canadian versions we do and the DRL module detects a LED as a burned bulb so there is always an indicator that comes on in the cluster. That's the first anoying problem. Also, if you want the maximum output from your LED i suggest you wire them with a relay kit so they don't get dimmed. I used to have amber LED on mine and the output was completely awful even with full power I couldn't even see them during a sunny day. Ended up getting PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow bulbs insted.

Here is what it looked like even with a relay kit. without is was completely ridiculous:

AccordEX
Fucking Newb

AccordEX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 01:40:37 PM »

I'll check later. But how do you have them on without turning on the low beams.

Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 02:30:51 PM »

I told you, Canadian versions (like mine) have a DRL module that makes them on (dimmed) during daytime. You could probably install a DRL module on yours. I know it can be done since cars imported from us to canada must have a module installed

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 10:10:51 PM »

All US 06-07 Accords have DRL's too. 

Probably the simplest solution would be to consider running city lights in your high beam reflector and wire them up to come on when your motor is running and to shut off when you turn your headlights on (if you want to).

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
AccordEX
Fucking Newb

AccordEX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 12:33:55 AM »

All US 06-07 Accords have DRL's too. 

Probably the simplest solution would be to consider running city lights in your high beam reflector and wire them up to come on when your motor is running and to shut off when you turn your headlights on (if you want to).

Smart, I will try that.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012