Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 11:05:11 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Budget Retrofit  (Read 18867 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 09:48:56 AM »

Exactry.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
olecram39

Reputation Power: 3
olecram39 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 11:59:52 AM »

Oh and what eGay seller did you buy your HID kit from? I don't want to fuck up and get a shitty kit.

I have one of those Xentec shitty kits from eBay which I do not recommend so I can't help you there. The ones I have brake all the time so if you have the extra money get a good kit, mine have been replaced a bunch of times already and it's gotten to the point where the seller doesn't even answer my emails anymore so I had to use the kit I had on my fog lights as a back up and put nokya yellows on the fogs.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 12:11:47 PM »

Damn. And the Morimoto system is like $150 by itself. Dafuq! That puts this build to around $200+.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 12:51:12 PM »

As much as the diehard retrofit community hates them, take a look at DDM tuning. I've been running their ballasts since my first retro and the only ballasts I had to swap out were my 55w set earlier this year and that was after 2-3 years of solid use. Their 35w setup with H1 bulbs (which the Minis take) is $30 plus shipping.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 02:17:49 PM »

Lmk if you need discount from TRS. I can get you ~20% off in parts

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
olecram39

olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 02:33:43 PM »

As much as the diehard retrofit community hates them, take a look at DDM tuning. I've been running their ballasts since my first retro and the only ballasts I had to swap out were my 55w set earlier this year and that was after 2-3 years of solid use. Their 35w setup with H1 bulbs (which the Minis take) is $30 plus shipping.

This is the same price of the Xentec crappy ones from ebay, so there you go. When mine go out im gonna go with these, thanks Z.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 02:50:56 PM »

No hay por que.

Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, 04:41:21 PM »

Awesome. I'll give DDM a shot too. Would 4500K be a good choice for getting good light output? I'm also wondering if I should buy a spare set of headlights to work on so my car isn't out of action.

thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, 05:00:54 PM »

Don't ever buy Xentec ever. I wouldn't use it even if you give it to me for free. They flicker and are inconsistent

@ Jeff DDM 4300k is fine. Just make sure you get the lifetime warranty and not the Raptor kit

olecram39

olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, 06:36:19 PM »

Awesome. I'll give DDM a shot too. Would 4500K be a good choice for getting good light output? I'm also wondering if I should buy a spare set of headlights to work on so my car isn't out of action.
That will give you the best usable light output but the color is blehh, 5000k is more white and looks more luxurious imo.
Buying spare headlights is the ideal thing to do, but considering that you will use the mini gatling shrouds and the mini projectors there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to finish it in one day, if you start early.

Don't ever buy Xentec ever. I wouldn't use it even if you give it to me for free. They flicker and are inconsistent

^ agreed
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2013, 01:06:32 AM »

Is this the right high beam splitter?

http://www.headlightsquick.com/products/high-beam-correctional-splitters.html

Edit: Actually, I think this is what I need, right? http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=9717

I'm trying to get everything bookmarked so I can start figuring out costs and whatnot. I'm also looking at a set of Depo headlights on eGay but hot damn they're like $160 a set.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 01:12:16 AM by Jeff » Logged

olecram39

olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2013, 09:13:32 AM »

Yup you got it, that's the one (Second link).
You can always just buy a used set of oem headlights on craigslist locally.
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2013, 09:27:05 AM »

* Edit

Yes those are what you need buy from TRS since its cheaper.

I think I can get them cheaper then what is listed.
Is this the right high beam splitter?

http://www.headlightsquick.com/products/high-beam-correctional-splitters.html

Edit: Actually, I think this is what I need, right? http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=9717

I'm trying to get everything bookmarked so I can start figuring out costs and whatnot. I'm also looking at a set of Depo headlights on eGay but hot damn they're like $160 a set.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 09:28:46 AM by thisaznboi88 » Logged

Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2013, 11:05:32 PM »

Is there going to be a problem with the dual high beams and the DRL feature of 06-07 Accords? I totally forgot that my high beams are on like 95% of the time.

thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2013, 11:54:33 PM »

no. I have an 06 with DRL and don't have problems.

Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012