Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:32:29 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Acura TL Bi-Xenon Retrofit...Complete.  (Read 8828 times)
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

Reputation Power: 5
DreaminAccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2013, 08:30:16 PM »

Finally sealed up the newest retro today and got them mounted Went with the OEM Acura TL Bi-Xenon projectors, clear 3" ZKW-R lenses, and modified each projector to produce that perfect amount of bluish-purple hue at the cutoff. All-in-all I am very happy with the outcome. I will have my OEM Acura TSX retro up FS shortly if anyone is interested. Oh yea, one last thing...I blame Keith.

On with the pics (I won't post all of them as there are many, many, many haha but I'll hit the key points):

Opening up my OEM 2007 EX-L V6 coupe (damn near perfect) lenses - I almost wanted to cry haha

Rigged up a custom relay that prevents the projector solenoids from picking up the pulse signal our DRLs sends back and forth to the module:

After projector tweaking, this was my results (mmmm purple!!)

An HDR shot of the cutoff:

Purrrrplllleeee

and one on me:

Custom high-beam relay wired up and taped:

Aiming inside the house:

Initial on-vehicle aiming:

OEM Matsushita (Infinity/Nissan) Gen V D2S 35W ballasts mounted in the same manner (very OEM style) as my TSX had:

On-vehicle aiming complete (this was yesterday so I will take more tonight in the dark!)

Look at the Godly dual high-beam!

Once aiming was completed, the Gatling Gun shrouds and OEM bezels received a final trim, the headlamps were cleaned, and the bottom of the housings received waterproofing around the ballasts, solenoid cutout, etc.

Lastly, got those babies sealed up and mounted! Final aiming (vertically) will be completed here in about an hour when it gets dark

OEM rubber seal reused around the projector body and you can see my pigtail for the solenoid:

MOUNTED!

Ben

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi - 1st Honda!
Graphite Gray / Black Leather

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 10:03:18 PM »

Dude, what the fuck happened to the bottom of your housings? They look like they got bashed with an aluminum baseball bat and then glued back together. I'm guessing this has something to do with the obnoxiously large solenoid?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 11:19:51 PM »

Looks awesome Ben.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 11:30:39 PM »

Yessir. The solenoid is huge (that's what she said) and requires the bottom of the housing to be cut. At first I layered it in 3M aluminum tape but later on decided to go with this special type of thick stretchy tape that is waterproof. First time I ever had to cut a housing like that...

Ben

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 06:04:28 AM »

Nice work they came out neat

DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 04:25:35 PM »

Fresh and clean in the sun light

Ben

HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 06:46:32 PM »

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 09:33:57 PM »

Looks good man.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 12:05:57 AM »

Thanks Tim - was sort of my graduation present to myself haha Extremely happy with the results too - put a lot of hard work into this one because of that massive solenoid! Truly is one of the hardest BiX's to mount unless of course you had some massive headlamp off of a truck/SUV.

Ben

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 12:42:28 AM »

I think you need a little bit of help with your wiring though.  Those wire taps and the relay set up probably won't hold up to the elements.  I can give you a hand with that.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
accordcoupe7

Reputation Power: 1
accordcoupe7 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 01:31:17 AM »

Loooookking good !
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 10:32:39 AM »

The relay is all soldered The only thing that is wire tapped is the actual OEM harness only because I did not want to splice it. This way, if I take the retro with me I can remove all of the taps; or if they do end up failing, I'll just remove the old and tap new - nbd.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 10:34:16 AM by DreaminAccord » Logged

Ben

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 12:07:04 PM »

true i would of hacked up one for those morimoto control boxes as a plug and play kit for the peace of mind for the bi feature lol  but impressive work how do you like them compair to the tsx projectors output (what am running now)? now i know who to go to for my next retro lol

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 12:11:42 PM »

You can get plugs to emulate your bulbs and make a true plug and play harness. It's pretty easy to do.

Tim
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2013, 09:09:06 PM »

There is no comparison to the TL's haha Their beam output / width / clarity / etc. is unbelievable compared to the TSX and i swear, every time I hit my highs my mouth wants to drop due to the quad setup.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the TSX's though - esp if they have OEM or TSX-R clear lenses. They are still a 10-fold improvement over stock halogen

Ben

Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012