Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 10:17:16 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Turn Signal Issues?? Ticking and not working..  (Read 6340 times)
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2012, 06:41:55 PM »

So my turn signals decided to act up today. Both sides react the same and I hear a sort of ticking sound from under the steering column when they aren't working. Seems like a switch or relay is going bad? I did some searching but not too many details.

I'd like to get this fixed since driving with turn signals that aren't working half the time is no bueno.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 09:20:22 PM »

Generally in older cars it would be a flasher or flasher relay.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/2003_Honda_accord_flasher_relay

CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 01:21:35 AM »

That post is spot on. I wasn't able to find it at any AutoZone or Pepboys so I'm going to call the dealership tomorrow and see if they have it in stock. Driving with messed up turn signals is no good.

Eric.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 08:21:33 AM »

You can get it through Advance autoparts.com I owe you a favor let me see if I can get my hands on it.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 08:30:59 AM »

They have it it's $54.99 but coupon code A123 knocks 20 off so that brings it to $34.99....

www.advanceautoparts.com

And searce for part number R6728 or you can look it up by entering your vehicle and looking under relays -> flasher
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 08:33:51 AM by Mike » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 01:22:37 PM »

The ticking noise would tell me that it's working.  A non-functional relay would be silent.  Is the ticking noise in sync with the actual turn signal?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 02:18:06 PM »

They have it it's $54.99 but coupon code A123 knocks 20 off so that brings it to $34.99....

www.advanceautoparts.com

And searce for part number R6728 or you can look it up by entering your vehicle and looking under relays -> flasher

I was able to find it at a Honda dealership right by the Advance Auto near me. Thanks!

The ticking noise would tell me that it's working.  A non-functional relay would be silent.  Is the ticking noise in sync with the actual turn signal?

It would work intermittently, I replaced it and now everything is good. I'm assuming it was starting to go bad as the signals would work sometimes then a weird tick would sound.

Thanks guys, issue resolved.

Just in case anyone has a future problem and wants the part from Honda - 38300-SDB-A03 ||| RELAY ASSY., TURN SIGNAL AND HAZARD (OMRON)

Eric.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 07:41:10 PM »

Flashers are weird they get loud when they don't work sort of like the relay keeps trying to work but, cannot. The sound changes it's odd to describe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012